When you use NPS scores on a survey ...

blazemonger

Besides it being really not great to force a survey on your player base through the game, please learn how NPS works..

image.png.a547f2a3fd1b15b987a930966f0db4df.png

Someone scoring 1-6 is a detractor, 7 or 8 are neutral and 9 or 10 are promotors .. 

So if you want to get your NPS score correctly, do not put NEUTRAL under the 5-6 as :

• You will likely trigger a lot of those scores and thus trigger detractors
  • You will imply a 7 or 8 is good which it really is not

BTW. .if anyone wants to know.. NPS (Net Promotor Score) is what is measured here. the score will be:

((number of promotors-number of detractors)/total number of scores)*100

So neutrals are not good as they will actually lower your score 

If you want to do NPS.. At least do it correctly..

But then, NQ may not even be aware of this and just use the format without understanding how this works.. Would not really surprise me..

Honestly I think marketing team (or who invented this very questionable thing) was just in dire need of Q1 report to show some activity to JC, so they lets do some... poll just for sake of poll. Why not?

Because if this poll is actual attempt to answer mystery "why people leaving game and not invite their friends", then its very sad.

So they want even the people who dont even play anymore, to "login" so they can post a 1.   Because thats what I did.  Now they can use that to show a boosted number of "logins" for someone....their financial backers?  And to me this doesn't mean shit if I can't see what the results are.   I have a feeling we will never see what the results are of this survey.

1 minute ago, JohnnyTazer said:

So they want even the people who dont even play anymore, to "login" so they can post a 1.   Because thats what I did.  Now they can use that to show a boosted number of "logins" for someone....their financial backers?  

Honestly, I would not rule that out as I do have indications that a potential funding round may be close.

NQ logic aside, putting a survey in the game itself is really odd..

Its classic statistical manipulation.  As my college stat teacher said:  "Lies, Damm Lies, and Statistics".

This is just like going to a Corvette club and asking "How many of you like Corvettes?".  By forcing people into the game to do the survey, instead of in the launcher or on the forum with an e-mail link (best of the options in my opinion), they solicited those still playing and ask if they like the game - huge bias.  Of course, as mentioned above, if they did it on the forum the results would likely be public - and that don't want that.

They have the data - why not do a number of surveys focusing on people that played less than 10 hours, 10 to 100 hours, 100 to 1000 hours, 1000+ hours based on connect time of the account?  THAT would be useful data.

Good point, by placing surveys in the game you instantly skew the outcome and invalidate the result due to lack of a balanced audience.

For the purpose of upping the "concurrent login" counter though, it works nicely.. /s

9 hours ago, SirJohn85 said:

Actually, you shouldn't log in to vote. In the end, perhaps the wrong conclusions are drawn from the survey.

"Our monthly user activity has jumped amazingly."

Oh, I fully expect to see some sort of spin in the direction "Following our 0.24 patch we say a fantastic jump in concurrent logins"

Gating a survey behind a required login is kind of scammy for sure.

Logged in and gave a low score.

Noticed they have fixed the MIP mapping for more details in ground textures close to the player, but at the same messed up the long distance texture filtering. So now you have aliasing and 'ant-crawling' artifacts in textures all over the place.

Logged out..