Custom Delete Tool

Growller

Fellow Noveans

I would like to start this letter by saying ,the size and depth of DU has been breathtaking.

I became interested in DU because im a builder . I was involved in Everquest Landmark from beginning to end and what we where able to build there was amazing and the UI for DU is sooo close to Landmark I jumped right in and started building.

That being said there are some handy tools that seem to be missing or not working properly.

when using the voxel tool if moved with control keys can longer be used as a delete tool making it difficult to do precision deletion

also the ability I miss the most from Landmark was to use a copied voxel area as a deletion tool

I know it doesn’t sound like much but as a builder I can not impress how important this ability was for extreme custom builds

I would hope that you've already heard of Landmark but consider seeing these builds we where able to accomplish

Goodbye, Landmark - YouTube

sincerely yours

Growller

1 hour ago, Growller said:

when using the voxel tool if moved with control keys can longer be used as a delete tool making it difficult to do precision deletion

Copy/paste tool, select voxels and hit delete?

1 hour ago, Growller said:

also the ability I miss the most from Landmark was to use a copied voxel area as a deletion tool

From the 0.24 release notes:

New voxel tools and improvements: 

• Smooth erosion (by default: Area smooth tool + Alt key)
  • Cone shape (by default: E key. This is an addition to the existing shape cycle)
  • Negative paste function (by default: Alt key with a copied/cut shape)
  • Remove with Line tool function ((by default: Alt key when using the Line tool)