Tools to facilitate socialization (emotes, voice chat, and stuff like that))

aliensalmon

5 hours ago, Shaman said:

VC would be nice

You people are so old lol!

VC is not good enough man. it is not "redundant", to put it in my words.

Analogy: electrification of aircraft

You want "high-tech", as in fly-by-wire control and fully electronic instruments. The aircraft had a power outage. There you go, critical systems do not work! This is why electrification does not work as you'd like to propose. It is not as redundant as mechanical which will work even without power. In regulation, it is "safer". Some people even proposed an electrical propulsion. Are you serious?

Redundancy, alright! Keyboard! 

Also, crowded voices is more "chaotic" than crowded text messages that is widely distributed all over the screen (that is about the same as looking at job ads in a newspaper, which is not bad). Go with what is proven! If you are gonna innovate, innovate for the better! Voice chat is a Nintendo Wii kind-of innovation! It's more work for the rest of us man!

If we have to do our trading with voice like a Ming Dynasty overseas trader, I will not be playing this game. It is too much work! How about we lay back and just type what we have to say?

31 minutes ago, Eternal said:

You people are so old lol!

VC is not good enough man. it is not "redundant", to put it in my words.

Analogy: electrification of aircraft

You want "high-tech", as in fly-by-wire control and fully electronic instruments. The aircraft had a power outage. There you go, critical systems do not work! This is why electrification does not work as you'd like to propose. It is not as redundant as mechanical which will work even without power. In regulation, it is "safer". Some people even proposed an electrical propulsion. Are you serious?

Redundancy, alright! Keyboard! 

Also, crowded voices is more "chaotic" than crowded text messages that is widely distributed all over the screen (that is about the same as looking at job ads in a newspaper, which is not bad). Go with what is proven! If you are gonna innovate, innovate for the better! Voice chat is a Nintendo Wii kind-of innovation! It's more work for the rest of us man!

If we have to do our trading with voice like a Ming Dynasty overseas trader, I will not be playing this game. It is too much work! How about we lay back and just type what we have to say?

Oh come on, VC will be fun ?

• 3 weeks later...

+1 for voicechat with a well implementation

Being a "niche" game in itself I for myself do not want to rely for 3rd party tools.

I can understand during Beta that given their existence means spending dev time on other tasks.

However this is the question: what is the sand box all about?

Players will find a way around problems ingame using other tools.