PVP IN SPACE! NQ READ

BlackFalcon375

What mechanics, since 0.23 the only thing left to do in DU is mining and selling, and mining and selling.......and mining and selling.

Anyone who still is building is doing it for esthetics probably and no other reason, 0.23 did exactly what was intended, delay progress as much as possible, just dont think it was intended to do it like this, kill off most of the population and features so that only mining and selling remain as viable options to play DU

2 hours ago, BlackFalcon375 said:

just implement pvp missions in space for a good reward. and remove all bots for buying the game.

With other words, replace pointless mining by pointless pvp? This is not how DU is intended to work. There shouldn't be mining just for the sake of mining or pvp just for the sake of pvp. The vision of the game is civilisation building (and it is quite obvious that JC is not going to change that - even at the risk of losing the entire player base). In a game like DU pvp should result from player interactions and not be forced by bots. If everything works as intended players with conflicting interests (e.g. mining the same spot of rare resources) would communicate and either come to an agreement and cooperate or fight each other. Of course that can't work without the required mechanics. The lack of such mechanics has been mentioned often enough. I don't need to stress that again. I just say that we don't solve this problem by asking for mechanics that would push the game even further away from the original vision.

To be honest, when we still had the DU news and the community page there was alot more verbal PvP then there is now ingame. I have been at the brink of war already about 5 times in the community page times, but now? There is not even a reason to call people out to war, there is nothing worth fighting over. Territories? No, blind grinding ores can be done on any tile. The only reason i would go to Pvp is to piss others off by shouting down their beloved ships as there are no rewards in doing so.

This game is farther away from building civilization then it has ever been. Builders Mostly dont build for function or society and those that did stopped after 0.23. all the nice ships and bases we see in twitter, fb, community highlights, all have nothing to do with civilization but with individual building skills.

I build a full industrial&officebuilding bursting with life till 0.23, a city block that gathered other builders, same story. If wewant to go back to the civilization building game, we might need a step or 7 back and see what is really stopping this game. PvP is not even close to being in the top 5 although it should also be fixed as civilizations need war to flourish

2 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

What mechanics, since 0.23 the only thing left to do in DU is mining and selling, and mining and selling.......and mining and selling.

Anyone who still is building is doing it for esthetics probably and no other reason, 0.23 did exactly what was intended, delay progress as much as possible, just dont think it was intended to do it like this, kill off most of the population and features so that only mining and selling remain as viable options to play DU

Absolutely not true. We just sold a building for 100,000,000h. 

1 hour ago, GraXXoR said:

Absolutely not true. We just sold a building for 100,000,000h. 

So like, one fucking person sold a building?  The exception does not prove the rule.  So just tell poor people "Look im a CEO of a company, so obviously everything is fine!" 

2 hours ago, JohnnyTazer said:

So like, one fucking person sold a building?  The exception does not prove the rule.  So just tell poor people "Look im a CEO of a company, so obviously everything is fine!" 

Did you even "fucking" read what I "fucking" wrote... Aaron Cain said people are are making buildings solely for aesthetic purposes... and I "fucking" said that was not "fucking" so.
Pretty straight-"fucking"-forward.

Also, it wasn't one person...  it was a group effort.

Moreover, it's not a one-off... http://du-creators.org is literally filled with people building stuff and selling it... I have sold my 2kkph dragonboard bloop for 2Mℏ multiple times. And even 5 Mc.Buggle stand-up bloops for 250k each. easy money... no mining involved (by me).

16 minutes ago, FuriousPuppy said:

I just want them to follow through with the road map they posted or at least openly talk about why things arent coming out on time... just feels like the players are being ignored and its breeding toxic attitudes towards NQ

^^100%
Boredom breeds discontent...  Idleness is the nursery of evil thoughts... etc. etc...

5 hours ago, FuriousPuppy said:

I get that its a sandbox too, and we have to make our own content, but the pvp feels gutted and 100% avoidable if you dont want to deal with it. There is 0 merit other than the guys enjoying getting into fire fights.. I want to be shot down and make a better ship... but the game wont even allow it unless I message my enemies first and try to book a date to fight them... so sad

The game is not in its final form.

pvp is still more complete than level 3 pets. 

10 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

Oooh Nice, Well done GraXXoR. Was it the building next to me? I saw it was Gone :)

Are you talking about Sanctuary or Madis?

the building in question was on Madis. The tall red one.

We cloned all the features of it on to a dynamic core and flew that to their base. Now we are currently reconstructing it onto the locally placed  static cores. It’s got a lot of angles and is really difficult to place all the cores accurately, since there is no ghost image when you place the bloop. Should only take a few hours to complete. Well worth the payment.  

our group’s casual numbers have dwindled but the original core are still here bar one. And we’ve gained two very dedicated recruits who’s re absolutely killing it. 

7 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

In my comment. 

I read it again and didn't found it. There is just a lot of pseudoscience about thermodynamics, something about T5 in nullsec and T1 and T2 in safe zones and finally whining about T3+ beeing made deeper and slow to mine. I just give up trying to understand how that is supposed to answer my question.

2 hours ago, Maxim Kammerer said:

I read it again and didn't found it. There is just a lot of pseudoscience about thermodynamics

Pseudoscience about thermodynamics... Classic.

2 hours ago, Maxim Kammerer said:

I read it again and didn't found it.

Reading isn't everyone's strong suit. ?

Just my 4 cents of a regular player:

1. I stoped playing at the end of 2020.
  2. I still have 2 active account because I want to support Dual Universe.
  3. Now i just reguraly check Youtube to see if the pvp is there yet.
  4. I will get back to the game when some PVP drive will be delivered.

Thank you for your attention :)

3 hours ago, Zychov said:

Just my 4 cents of a regular player:

1. I stoped playing at the end of 2020.
  2. I still have 2 active account because I want to support Dual Universe.
  3. Now i just reguraly check Youtube to see if the pvp is there yet.
  4. I will get back to the game when some PVP drive will be delivered.

Thank you for your attention :)

look man, AvA is not going to happen, pvp doesn't matter man, all that matters is twitter posts of hardworking builders creating creations manimage.png.3fdcad83bc57064b8ebbe438d277f67c.png

8 hours ago, IvanGrozniy said:

look man, AvA is not going to happen, pvp doesn't matter man, all that matters is twitter posts of hardworking builders creating creations man

I sometimes envy NQ twitter man how such low-effort work still getting him monthly paycheck.