New Player

Merlin3000

hey!  good question, i have no idea, but if you want to start a base near me, i can send you my location.  I'm on the moon sanctuary, trying to figure out how to create a base now.   

My coords are:

160.7556 long

30.0895 lat

Name is Merlin3000 

Hopefully we can work together!

On 3/20/2021 at 7:51 PM, cewing said:

hey!  good question, i have no idea, but if you want to start a base near me, i can send you my location.  I'm on the moon sanctuary, trying to figure out how to create a base now.   

My coords are:

160.7556 long

30.0895 lat

Name is Merlin3000 

Hopefully we can work together!

Don't bother with a base on the prison planet (aka Sanctuary). Just use it to learn basic mining, basic industry, basic building, and then move on. Alioth is easy to get to (shuttle from Sanc markets 1-10). Once you're space-capable (or ask someone for a ride), Thades and Madis are also good places for a first base. All the other planets are good for now too, but will eventually be combat-enabled.

11 hours ago, cewing said:

Dwindling resources?   That sounds ominous......   is this game dying?   

Not if NQ keep developing it. Ores are finite and non renewable. Alioth was densely populated, so it’s had a lot of areas depleted somewhat. 

Madis originally had and still has higher amounts of remaining basic ores. 

NQ will likely create new sources of ores like asteroids or even completely new planets to ravage and stripmine, what us humans love to do best.