heres my game prediction after .24

ELX987

I'm not super confident about this game's future... seems NQ have squandered too many opportunities and -as the saying goes- "snatched defeat from the jaws of victory" once too often for my liking.

Still, if one wants to feel a bit more positive, or at least hopeful for the future, one only needs to look at NMS for a real life example of (excusing the mixed metaphor) getting-your-shit-together and hitting it out of the park.

As a backer of Star Citizen, Elite Dangerous and a prepurchaser of NMS, though, I have seen all of those games be proclaimed "dead" "RIP" "THE END" "That's it, I'm done, and so should you be" by backers and players and I have seen quite a bit of turmoil and controversy these last 7-8 years: both disappointment and elation. Tellingly enough, though, all three games are doing fine right now and moving on to better places... NMS players are basically getting a free new game every 3-6 months. Elite is finally getting legs. Star Citizen is finally getting extra systems and is expanding constantly (both monetarily and in game, lol)...

Nobody is a honest-to-goodness soothsayer, since prophets don't and have never existed... nobody knows where this game will be in a year's time or if it will even still exist. But I really do hope they can turn this ship around, though. All I can say is that for the moment, I'm enjoying my game and building our small corner of civilisation.

I'd agree that NQ has not been able to make true on their promises and have pretty much ignored the backers over the past three years as the money  they brought in was spent before pre-alpha even started so their value to the game and it's development, beyond being numbers in the player base, is pretty much nothing especially since many of us will be playing at no cost to us for years after DAC is activated.

As backers we only brought in about 2.5M which is a drop in the bucket of funding spent over the past 6.5 or so years since development started. Overall the funds that were put in by investors will also have evaporated by now as 22M will only get you so far over that time. NQ needs to make money as there is no current investors and while I did get signals of possible new investment, there is nothing to substantiate that. And a conservative estimate would lead me to expect monthly operating costs are at  least around 350K or so which currently would need to come from subscriptions only, so about 50K active paying subscribers to keep the lights on. And while I have no doubt NQ expected to get there, I doubt they're even close.

Sanctuary has about 37.5K tiles claimed, I'd say at least half of that are backers and those that got beta keys as a conservative estimate.

The numbers just do not add up, the only possibly way they can stay afloat is if someone drops a boatload of cash or they make just enough to keep paying interest on their debt.

12 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

The numbers just do not add up, the only possibly way they can stay afloat is if someone drops a boatload of cash or they make just enough to keep paying interest on their debt.

Hm .... Maybe I should invest a couple of millions in this then ... :D

1 hour ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

Hm .... Maybe I should invest a couple of millions in this then ... :D

My guess would be the for a mere 15Million or so you can probably own NQ .. Can't see the company be worth much more than that. ;)

Possibly a lot less if they file for bankruptcy and you buy the remains free of debt .. Kick out 1/3 of the staff as ballast needs to go and the company may actually have  chance.. 

4 hours ago, blazemonger said:

anctuary has about 37.5K tiles claimed, I'd say at least half of that are backers and those that got beta keys as a conservative estimate.

absolutely nailed the current situation. i have mixed feeling about nq and the jc cult being able to score a goal if a miracle happens.

i have 2 accounts with 4 beta accs each. 10 of that tiles are related to that pre alpha payment. 10:1 for me

DU is bottle necked by money and just a better proof of concept in the shop. i remember me and other see this coming and got vocal about.