What can I say that others haven't already...

how much more can one out of a growing number of people drive the point home that NQ's management is just ... about the worst thing that's happening to this game.

of all the things to put your efforts on, it had to be better GFX, prettier rocks, a jet pack toggle...

Things that are nice to have instead of the shit that the game needs to turn it around?

Who ever is in charge of project management at Novaquark should be FIRED

Just now, Derpzila said:

how very dare you Demlock, I'm sure alot of some ones weekend went into removing the roughness from the voxel textures and downloading all those grass jpegs, they probably even spent at least ten minuets pressing copy paste to make them seem randomly distributed.

Ok then maybe I should backtrack a little and think like NQ:

They should give the project management person paid leave for 3 months to think about what he did wrong and have him come back with a raise in his/her paycheck in hopes of doing better next patch...

1 hour ago, Demlock said:

What can I say that others haven't already...

how much more can one out of a growing number of people drive the point home that NQ's management is just ... about the worst thing that's happening to this game.

of all the things to put your efforts on, it had to be better GFX, prettier rocks, a jet pack toggle...

Things that are nice to have instead of the shit that the game needs to turn it around?

Who ever is in charge of project management at Novaquark should be FIRED

Don't forget about the org wallets, mission system and building features that they are adding. They have even started work on fixing market lag. we requested those features to NQ, and they gave them back. This just seems like being angry for the sake of being angry.

PS: Some people are genuinely turned off from the game because of the graphics, and I quote: "Ohh man, the terrain graphics are terrible"  "The graphics are cringe."  "this gamelooks bad rofl"  "I really can't tell if this game looks great, or really terrible!" "The terrain looks appalling, what a load of jank lol"  "What's with the C64 graphics?"  among many others.

2 minutes ago, Lethys said:

Yup, just installed du for the lols again. After 20 min instead of the usual 30min, I could see all the constructs at the market. Not move tho, cause it lagged much. But at least it's pretty.....

But did you appreciate the new grass?

Just now, Skimus said:

But did you appreciate the new grass?

Ofc I did. When I finally was able to look around. 

Checked my talents (188days left) and deleted du again. No use in playing a mmo when it lags af. Maybe tackle that first. Oh wait, hasnt improved for me for the past 5 years 

23 minutes ago, ELX987 said:

nq fixed bugs, added wallets, and are polishing missions, just cool it and wait or there is the door

my view on it

Polishing? By their own admission the version we were getting was bare bones, only including hauling missions.

It wouldve made more sense to release the bug fixes as 0.23.1 and continue working on graphical improvements, org wallets and mission system as a real 0.24. Instead we got more bugs, some new trees and rocks, only some new textures, a half assed org wallet, and no mission system. Theres not even a guarantee the mission system will be more than glorified fetch quests once it finally appears. 

2 hours ago, Shaman said:

PS: Some people are genuinely turned off from the game because of the graphics, and I quote: "Ohh man, the terrain graphics are terrible"  "The graphics are cringe."  "this gamelooks bad rofl"  "I really can't tell if this game looks great, or really terrible!" "The terrain looks appalling, what a load of jank lol"  "What's with the C64 graphics?"  among many others.

looks more cringe than ever before...

23 minutes ago, Noddles said:

Instead we got more bugs

Unfortunately, that is just the natural cycle of anything involving a feature. Unless you want the devs to spend even more time to update, live with it. Did you see how many bugs they fixed with this patch? (Rhetorical question)
And, just a heads up, you can't just "release the bug fixes" on an older version. It doesn't work like that. Things are too interconnected with the newer version. It would take far more dev time to just try merge that sort of thing.

4 hours ago, ELX987 said:

nq fixed bugs, added wallets, and are polishing missions, just cool it and wait or there is the door

I'm giving it time.

The number of bad signs in DU, the NQ company and the response of the community and known streamers with NQ people either abandoning ship or getting kicked out from $$ or mismanagement events just reinforces the position.

I, like many others, offered up suggestions to help NQ's development (outside of the energy management posts) only to see them withdraw further into the dark and sneak an update push to the community with nearly ZERO headsup... speaks volumes about where they're at.

The playerbase was just brilliant. I lost my reasons to keep silent, so all consequenses of posting are accepted.

pre-alpha and alpha was such a nice time to be here.

Even the beta start was going nice, yeah there were alot of issues and alot of other stuff that frustrated people but the start was nice. Then people noticed the holes in PvP and that all the things we already told about in alpha were still not fixed and even ignored just to push new systems, but still people were coming into the game. Mining was still a grind but some people didnt mind too much, Pre 0.23 we had some issues with possible unfair gameplay that was ignored and that did not help, then we got 0.23........And on top of that we had the schematics Blunder that killed of last of the mohicans. loads of organizations now are burning piles of broken dreams, people at home burned out of DU, people got banned for asking the wrong questions, people doing wrong shit did not get banned, And it is a small world so we all know what happened behind the screens and who were the unlucky persons who wanted to help DU but got thrown out instead.

So when you talk about fresh playerbase it feels abit like we are in "Attack on titan" New cannonfodder is needed to be ripped to peaces so the ignorant masses can keep on living in perfect bliss.

Stuff needs to get fixed, my friends PC literally fried on DU, Database still has errors that make it possible to have the strangest unsolvable bugs ever, The unasked password reset made it impossible for alot of veterans to be able to play after it happened as the old email adresses were not reachable anymore and that made it impossible to change the passwords, i myself have lost 1 account too due to this.

When a train goes to a station that it has to reach at 23:59 and it can barely make it with 5 minutes delay, and it already has broken wheel barrings and some roof tiles sticking out, the last card is barrely hanging on and the lights on half the train are broken, safety breaks are not installed and the doors tend to open every now or then. Technissions on the train have only a small timeframe to actually make it possible for the train and everyone in it to arrive safely at the station. So now they throw away half the seats to make sure people are sitting closer together, and since some people keep on reading they kill the internal lights, toilets are locked and a new floor is installed in the train. Now they try to paint the train from the outside so it looks nice for all the people Not in the train so they feel they also want to be in it. and passengers are told they may ask other passengers to do errants for them but only in that train and only picking stuff up in another wagon.

Its 2357 and the station is insight when the man in the front steps on the break, 2 minutes later the train explodes, all passengers are dead and the still wet pain is all over the station.

They forgot to install a nice feature on the train that would be expected in that sort of train, they forgot to install breaks.

3 hours ago, EasternGamer said:

Unfortunately, that is just the natural cycle of anything involving a feature. Unless you want the devs to spend even more time to update, live with it. Did you see how many bugs they fixed with this patch? (Rhetorical question)
And, just a heads up, you can't just "release the bug fixes" on an older version. It doesn't work like that. Things are too interconnected with the newer version. It would take far more dev time to just try merge that sort of thing.

Actually they could have fixed the previous bugs without introducing new features and new bugs. Games do that all of the time. But NQ has ignored so many bugs for months and years that they just feel like features at this point. Or theyre so deeply engrained into the system that they cant be fixed without untangling the bowl of spaghetti that is the game code. 

9 hours ago, Lethys said:

Yup, just installed du for the lols again. After 20 min instead of the usual 30min, I could see all the constructs at the market. Not move tho, cause it lagged much. But at least it's pretty.....

Interesting to see you spam every single tread on the forums and not have DU installed ?. Sums up the 'vets trying to save the game' toxic spamming pretty well. 

9 hours ago, Lethys said:

Ofc I did. When I finally was able to look around. 

Checked my talents (188days left) and deleted du again. No use in playing a mmo when it lags af. Maybe tackle that first. Oh wait, hasnt improved for me for the past 5 years 

Oh look, here is the high and mighty Lethys come to dirty and sully himself by mingling with the non-Eve playing cretins, boasting about reinstalling a game he hates and knows he hates because he has 5000 posts saying how much he hates it and how toxic the community it..

But like clockwork, he's here again -for reasons only he knows- to add absolutely nothing of value to the discussion.

39 minutes ago, GraXXoR said:

Oh look, here is the high and mighty Lethys come to dirty and sully himself by mingling with the non-Eve playing cretins, boasting about reinstalling a game he hates and knows he hates because he has 5000 posts saying how much he hates it and how toxic the community it..

But like clockwork, he's here again -for reasons only he knows- to add absolutely nothing of value to the discussion.

So much this 

To be fair, as someone who's done a lot of alpha and beta tests over the past couple decades, the full change log is actually decent as long as the last patch came out like 2-3 months ago (I honestly don't know, I'm just saying for a timeline that wouldn't be horrible).  They did do a LOT of tweaking to under-the-hood stuff.  But then again, I just started back up like a week ago after 2 years of being away.  So, for me, I've seen a HUGE improvement from alpha, and now I'm already seeing patch that's prettying things up, adds a new voxel object to edit with (and the cone will be useful|) and improving a couple tools, and they are putting on some band-aids to the market and GUI showing that they know more needs to be done and are adding the stuff to further improve on it.

But, as a player, I also really am disappointed that the rotation tool didn't get any additional axes added to it.  And I was hoping that the missions would include a bit more "meat" to it.  Still though, I'm happy they did add a new basic major game mechanic (missions) that let you get away from just mining and selling stuff you build from mining, and that they show that they are aware of the issues with the market and building and clutter (gotta till the soil and plant seeds before your crops can grow)