Derpzila

Sad part is that as with 0.23 there is potential here but NQ has no idea about any of that. They are in full on crunch mode and will be for the rest of the year as there's 9 months to get  to v1.00 which Lord JC has ordained he sees no red flag for being ready and done by that time.

Problem is, no one knows JC is actually colorblind..

I can't believe this game is getting roasted so much ... It's really rare for a game to get roasted that much on a forum. Everyone seems to be unhappy, it's incredible, in every game forum, even alpha there is always people to conter-argue, but nope, not in this forum.

Everyone equally hates everything. It's so beautiful to see everyone reunited like this. But i understand everything, i understand your pain to see garbadge developpers like this being able to work. It shouldn't even be allowed to work like this. It should be illegal everywhere in the world.

16 hours ago, CptLoRes said:

0.24 is pretty much the definition of "polishing a turd".

You sir must be corrected!!!!!

According to release notes that's  "Smooth erosion". So you are NOT polishing a turd, you are smoothly eroding it. Also, if it's not feeling like slow and smooth, just look down, fps will drop and you'll be able to contemplate the full beauty of smooth turd erosion.

Yesterday went like this.........Spent a few minutes downloading the update.  Logged in and checked on everybody (I think a couple members were on).  Checked factory, fine but they borked advanced metal something-or-other now.  Ground looks different.  Colors have changed to a bit uglier and less smooth on a few things.  Look over near Madis market 3, Thunder Tower is now whitish grey *long sigh follows* instead of black.  I  shake my head.   Run through MTI city for a bit, voxel corruption still present in a few places.  A few of our main ships are a different color now.....  I see a jetpack icon now, but I am on land.  Ok thats about it I suppose.

I logged off, gave a report to my fellows, and joined them in a different alpha game again.

I sincerely hope that NQ pulls up from this mess they are in.  However the lack of communication is a very sad and telling sign at the state of things over there, obviously something has happened.

6 hours ago, JEENAH said:

I can't believe this game is getting roasted so much ... It's really rare for a game to get roasted that much on a forum.

NQ worked very very hard on this. while in alpha the tone and the entire approach to its user base was different. heading into the rushed monthly pay to play beta it started to get weird. although the community was very polite and forgiving towards nq in alpha.

but as i see it, they put themself into "must deliever" position and failed.

6 hours ago, JEENAH said:

Everyone seems to be unhappy, it's incredible, in every game forum, even alpha there is always people to conter-argue, but nope, not in this forum.

these people are used to pick up every fight on discord. they are called "The Ruby Defenders of the DUniverse". just make some sarcastic statements on thier investment and u get sanctioned instandly.

hint: just giving them 5-8 emote reactions (a ruby in my case) will instandly jeopardizing your talking rights in the "official" dudiscord. (i think my user right to use reaction emojis was permanently revoked in duscussion)

regarding the topic:

if they dont add better playloops including ava, complete revamped cvc(space/"atmo"), static vs dyn du will not become more then a niche with well below a couple of thousands or even hundred "core players" / several dozen with lifetime accounts.

wowww some textures *exited* now your 1000h mining loop circle should look absolutly amazing.

just for the statistics. since 2018 i read tons of constructive critizism. also gave input myself. so, talking is done. go bright or go down, du.

2 hours ago, blunted said:

NQ worked very very hard on this. while in alpha the tone and the entire approach to its user base was different. heading into the rushed monthly pay to play beta it started to get weird. although the community was very polite and forgiving towards nq in alpha.

but as i see it, they put themself into "must deliever" position and failed.

these people are used to pick up every fight on discord. they are called "The Ruby Defenders of the DUniverse". just make some sarcastic statements on thier investment and u get sanctioned instandly.

hint: just giving them 5-8 emote reactions (a ruby in my case) will instandly jeopardizing your talking rights in the "official" dudiscord. (i think my user right to use reaction emojis was permanently revoked in duscussion)

regarding the topic:

if they dont add better playloops including ava, complete revamped cvc(space/"atmo"), static vs dyn du will not become more then a niche with well below a couple of thousands or even hundred "core players" / several dozen with lifetime accounts.

wowww some textures *exited* now your 1000h mining loop circle should look absolutly amazing.

just for the statistics. since 2018 i read tons of constructive critizism. also gave input myself. so, talking is done. go bright or go down, du.

There was an idea, JC knows this, called the Rubyvengers Initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to to fight the battles we never could. They said community wasn't an achievement, it was a responsibility. See, it's stuff like this that gives me trust issues. 

War is a universal language. I know a renegade soldier when I see one. Never occurred to me that one might come from the Kickstarter era. A few renegades, assembled white knights and fanboys under the banner of the Ruby Defenders of DUniverse, have strayed from this path. It is up to us again to revive the initiative. That's what some people are fighting for here. 

A man can accomplish anything when he realizes he is a part of something bigger – a team of people who share that conviction can change the world. Whatever it takes.

unknown.png

2 hours ago, blunted said:

sweet talk it was much as you guys want, but all atv folks are jointly responsible to the state as it is.

10 minutes ago, Noddles said:

Ah yes. The ATV that NQ couldn't be bothered to listen to. 

Nor even bothered to answer basic questions about what they want to do next or how this new mechanic should play out

3 hours ago, blunted said:

sweet talk it was much as you guys want, but all atv folks are jointly responsible to the state as it is.

LOL.. ma dude.. NQ has never taking ATV seriously actually.. I know some of these guys actually tried..

What we see in public now is pretty much what ATV was about (and frankly, what the general experience was during (pre)Alpha)..

--==--

NQ: "Here is the new build, please give us feedback"

PTS/ATV: "Sure, this-this-tis-that-so-and-so"

NQ: "great feedback guys"

Also NQ: proceed to release the patch ignoring most if not all of the feedback and rush in some new untested stuff in the process..