Everything wrong with Dual Universe (Or maybe Dual the Boredom of a usual games)

JEENAH

So ... I bought a 3 month subscription, because this garbadge editor knows his game is bad, so you have to pay 3 month just to understand you wont even play 1 week (Every other game does better than this, it's the first point. And nobody can argue against that. No other game force you directly into a 3 month subscription, Eve Online have Free Trial, FF XIV have Free Trial, Dofus have Free Trial, litteraly any game that have the same economic model have Free Trial) ... But not this one, it's a Beta. We don't pledge to be backers here ... We pledge to be PLAYERS !! NOT TESTERS !!

Game is bad, nothing to do, building is bad (Avorion / Starmade) are way better at this ... Mining is way better on starmade, and it's the same for refining or mining. Starmade and Avorion are wayy, waaaaay superior in litteraly everything. There is more players on Avorion and Starmade even if the servers have only 20 people on them (AH AH)

Starting areas are litteraly parked craft graveyards, the graphics are horrible, the mining is a piece of crap, scanner is shiet with a shiet mechanic (And the most boring one i never seen), No Man Sky does way better at this !! (And it had this mechanic ON RELEASE !! Release No Man Sky does better than your crap game while being the WORST GAME OF 2016 !!) <= How can you do this ? I'm wondering !!

Some people said that Empyrion does better than this game, and they are right, it feels like i'm playing release Empyrion, because it was just as boring, but atleast the mining mechanic was actually meeeh instead of total garbadge. Flying, piloting ... Well, it's as bad as it can be. Physics are totaly broken, water have no physics (Really nword ?) => I'm black, i can say it, duck you ... Even release Empyrion was better at this on release, no man sky was better, avorion and starmade, well ... Avorion don't have water, but starmade does (And ... It's better also, even on release alpha, it was still better since the physics were the same as minecraft [Java])

So. You have a game, that have a boring grind, a boring mining, boring/long crafting and garbadge trading mechanics + unpolished basic elements of a game, wich are physics, and the piloting of ships or overcraft (Wich are supposed to be a center element of this kind of game) ... Everything is failed in this game, i just can't believe it !! Everything is bad !!

You grind for freakin hours and your reward is : Even more grind, even more loneliness and even more depression in this useless empty universe. 

Atleast in games with big grinds like Eve Online, or even ARK (Wich is the pinacle of farming and bashing ressources like a retard for hours just to build a useless saddle for a dinosaur), but atleast ... We have something after we work, we have something to enjoy, we have objectives, we have things to do, etc ... But this game is just a big desert, just like real space, because real space is boring. 

So i think they succeded to make a game that is very realistic : Space is boring as freak, they did a game boring as freak.

Can't believe i gave 20$ to someone who can actually release this kind of crap and not feel ashamed by it.

The game just got an update. Maybe consider joining a largish org and playing with the new update. The graphics improved *slightly* (no idea how they consider upgrading from 2009 graphics to 2011 graphics an improvement) but it got better.
Not gonna say much about the other things, lol. Your post is just a pointless rant for the most part.

1 hour ago, EasternGamer said:

The game just got an update. Maybe consider joining a largish org and playing with the new update. The graphics improved *slightly* (no idea how they consider upgrading from 2009 graphics to 2011 graphics an improvement) but it got better.
Not gonna say much about the other things, lol. Your post is just a pointless rant for the most part.

Of course, a graphical update and the jetpack improvement will save the game.

I see this as feedback. Fanboys with rose coloured glasses wanted new players to come, they are now here and giving feedback. 

They don't seem to be enthusiastic.

*insert surprised Pikachu face here*

14 minutes ago, SirJohn85 said:

Of course, a graphical update and the jetpack improvement will save the game.

I see this as feedback. Fanboys with rose coloured glasses wanted new players to come, they are now here and giving feedback. 

They don't seem to be enthusiastic.

*insert surprised Pikachu face here*

Not sure what you're getting at, but as a new player, I'm happy to see this game improve graphically.

2 minutes ago, Hexonymous said:

Not sure what you're getting at, but as a new player, I'm happy to see this game improve graphically.

Then read the first post or the other posts like this one, for example: 

Just now, SirJohn85 said:

Then read the first post or the other posts like this one, for example: 

All I see is venting. It happens. You can look in any game, and see posts from unhappy players. But you can also see happy players from the same game. So what your posting is a moot point.

Bottom line though, if the new players are paying, and they like the game, then NQ can keep working. Once the money runs out, because people are running off new players, then say bye bye to DU. You're choice.

New players arn't leaving because of the other players, they are leaving because this game IS NOT WORTH ANYTHING !! Nobody seems to have anything to argue against what i said.

You can't say that the mining mechanics arn't shiet

You can't say that the crafting mechanics arn't shiet

You can't say the graphics are beautiful (Because, even very low indie games can have this kind of graphics without much problems) => But still have PHYSICS.

You can't say that having to subscribe for 3 months isn't a scam

You can't say that this game isn't totaly empty of content or sens of reward once you get what you work hard for => Atleast, when you finish the crafting lines in ARK. You have rewards, because you worked hard to level up, to get your blueprint, etc ... But in this game, you just have nothing. It' just unlocking stuff for the sake of unlocking stuff. Nearly 50% of the skilltree is totaly useless.

You can't argue against the fact that this "game" does worse than release 2016 no man sky (Atleast they don't price it 60$ but they have the guts to force people to buy a 21$ subscription for thise pile of garbadge ? WOW !! 21$ subscription, is the same price as a Dofus Subscription for 3 month, and it's been a finished game since a long long long time. Anyway, only thing people can say against what i say is : "Huh huh, it's just venting" because it's the only way you have to discredit what i said since you have no argument, nor anything to defend this trash.

You like it, it's your choice, me too i enjoy some garbadge things in my life, even if i know they are shiet, but please, don't make your passion for something blind you, you need to be objective, and EVERYTHING IN THIS GAME NEED TO CHANGE !! Drastically.

18 hours ago, Hexonymous said:

All I see is venting. It happens. You can look in any game, and see posts from unhappy players. But you can also see happy players from the same game. So what your posting is a moot point.

Bottom line though, if the new players are paying, and they like the game, then NQ can keep working. Once the money runs out, because people are running off new players, then say bye bye to DU. You're choice.

I am new to this game an spend 20€ ... and i could have a beta key from a friend for free...

Until now the game fascinating me and i hit my pillow every night way to late...

I agree with you hexonymous.

9 minutes ago, HomerGAdams said:

I am new to this game an spend 20€ ... and i could have a beta key from a friend for free...

Until now the game fascinating me and i hit my pillow every night way to late...

I agree with you hexonymous.

Exactly my point.

The haters just need to move on with their lives. All they are showing is their true agenda.

It always boggles my mind why people who clearly hate the game hang around and continue to make post after post. (This is not directed at the OP. )

I have often been critical of NQ and their shenanigans but I still play the game, currently more than any other game in the same genre. 

I guess that’s because the core members of our org are still enjoying themselves, too, building working “basketball” courts and “golf” courses. 

pretty parks and huge underground “car” parks. 

I see the new player’s criticism above and understand where they are coming from but also feel sad that they are unable to overcome those barriers. 

the mining mechanic is fine for what it is. It is easy to learn and after a few days you can gain a sort of honing sense that lets you find ore super easily. The sensor mechanic is a bit shite when you start, but after a few hours you can skill up to L3 in most of the mining skills and the pain goes away. 

you don’t need to constantly mine, despite what people tell you here, unless you are working for someone else and they make you, or you are a solo player trying to craft a large construct/factory. 

the tutorials are not great. But I completed them for the SP boosts which helped the first day or two to get a few more base skills. 

grinding? I don’t know, if you have mined a few nodes of each of the T1s you’re good to build your first ship. L3 in nanocrafting gets a useful 30% reduction in crafting times. 

more wings, some hovers a few small containers and small engines. A few more adjusters.

Basic space engines S and XS can be made in your nanopack and should be enough for the first foray into space. 

All of this can be queued in your nanopack while tootling around, mining a bit more or building out your first static core. 

I have a bunch of alt accounts and I enjoy playing through the first part of the game again and again, trying to reach space in as short as possible a time without using the markets. 

Or, you know, they could find any one of the still active orgs to join and let them help them. 

OP mentions that literally every single aspect of DU is shit and calls paying 20 euros or whatever for three month’s access a scam. Even inexplicably refers to the n-word for some bizarre reason.  (Non native English speaker judging by the writing, though, so ?‍♂️

It’s likely my age, but I really don’t understand how some people find barriers wherever they look and also get so concerned about graphics, which can actually be very beautiful at times, anyway. 

All comes across as lack of imagination and vision to some extent. But is more likely just a product of being a member of the COD and Fortnite generation. 

with all the tutorials out there surely they can figure out the basics. 

ps. 

The grind in SU is FAR LESS obnoxious than at the start of NMS - or as many came to call it in 2016: “backpack simulator” 

the grind in this game is also far less intense than Elite Dangerous which really is entirely grind if you want to progress through the ranks or craft your ship. 

And graphics? Overrated beyond having the basics. Just look at Cyberpunk 2077! 

On 3/17/2021 at 1:15 PM, JEENAH said:

Flying, piloting ... Well, it's as bad as it can be. Physics are totaly broken, water have no physics (Really nword ?) => I'm black, i can say it, duck you ... Even release Empyrion was better at this on release, no man sky was better, avorion and starmade, well ... Avorion don't have water, but starmade does (And ... It's better also, even on release alpha, it was still better since the physics were the same as minecraft [Java])

One thing i dont see Empyrion do is allowing players to walk on constructs during flight. Or being  MMO. 

But yea it does a lot of things better like game balance. 

Everything is failed in this game, i just can't believe it !! Everything is bad !!

That is not true... 

A good amount of critical mechanics and decisions failed. Making the game fail. But some things were made great. 

For a voxel dynamic game, colision is working (unlike empyrion).

I love how sound changes when we enter a construct, even being dynamically constructed. 

I love to walk around my ship and look at the window, while orbiting at low altitude or leaving a planet. Almost feels like i can grab the atmosphere. 

I like the scanner mechanism to find ore. 

With the lines and with the distance. 

Looks quite good and works well. 

I like engineering report on constructs. 

I like the lua scripting and the screens with html. 

Do those pearls make the game viable. Nope. 

But it is unfair to say that everything failed. 

Can't believe i gave 20$ to someone who can actually release this kind of crap and not feel ashamed by it.

Look. The game is in a bad state. And will. Probably never become good. 

But you are talking like you were deceived. 

Are you for real? How about you start acting like a grown-up and take some responsibility for your actions?

There have been many, many, treads in this forum and videos on YouTube explaining in detail all the things you are complaining about. 

You could have informed yourself.

How the hell did you not knew you were signing up for BETA? 

Also, you are not buying a car... Its 20 dollars...

There are ppl here that signed up with 400 dollars, before alpha. 

I payed 120€. 

Me and those guys invested in this when NDA was in place. 

We have could have a reason to  feel deceived. 

You are just overreacting to the frustration of a bad decision you made wrong because you failed to get informed.... 

10 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

Depends on the perspective. 

From where im from the price you pay is cheaper than a Big Mac menu with extras. 

And i consume that in 10 minutes of joy. 

Hahahahaha soooo true dude.

And in all your posts you forgot one thing, which is important: The community.

In the few days i am inside the game, everyone is helping to answer questions. Different languages in the chat was absolutly okay for anyone, noone was upset.

Helping players out of situations seems to be a must for everyone and this shows me a respectful community.

I knew that i pay for a beta game. I know what beta means. I didn't know what i get, but i know without people like you and me, dreams like this game, little studios can't handle and it will allways be a dream. I am 53 yo now, played alot in my life and backed some games. Some were released, some still under construction (many since years) and some gave up, or were taken over ...

Some managed to release the product they wanted, some didn't and some did more then they promised.

For me as a gamer, i want to get surprised. I want a game i can PLAY and not start a button relax and watch a movie. Gaming means learning by doing, fail, start again and have fun. Not starting a cheat and have fun see other fail cause of what i am doing.

In a week i learned alot about the basics of this game, way off, the game may go to and it fascinated me so far. Yes there are some moments i ask myself: You could do better but it is my part then, to tell the developer about my minds and not geting mad. At market, f.ex., i would build in an autodock procedure, with landing/parking zones based on T1-T5 ships/vehicles. Ships/Vehicles will be transfered to a parking position after 5 minutes, with notification to the pilot, of the parking area and a marker maybe.

So, i am inside the game since a few days (6 or seven i guess) and did:

Tutorials

learning about the speeder

bought a little ship for 188k

builded a base on sanctury

managed to get into space without help

learned about newton and weights (x0,102 is the number you need in your mind)

crashed 2 times cause of not knowing it ^^

living now on Alioth and have a container S industrial running, on auto, limited to 10 container for the first.

The mining works perfect now and already have close to 3 million points

Money is always low and i have paper arts on my table in real for container hubs, to understand what i did wrong

etc etc etc...

Maybe the 3 month are enough and i walk to another game, maybe this game gets me like eve online in 2001 (beta test) and from 2003-2010, again from 2016-2017 and each year cost 144 Euro.

In 1990 ugly graphic was okay, the game was more important and the fun. A single game price was at 70-100 DM, thats arround 35-50 Euro. The game was finished and sometimes, nah, often full of bugs. Internet just started, so you got your updates from PC magazines, or from the developer directly, per post.

Setup and configuration for sound drivers, graphic etc. you had to do by yourself !! DOS 5.1 was the OS we used.

The people today do not understand how long a game development cost, how much people want to get paid and the complexabilty of data transfer through the internet, all over the world. The massive income of data, faults, unknowing problems of players, who send their information all at once in a second and await that the developer react in another second, which is IMPOSSIBLE !

It takes time and we should see this and act with understanding, not with madness.

Wait for the finish product. let the devs surprise us in all ways, but give them the time and if you won't back them with money, just wait for the final release in maybe 10 years. All up to you.

Cheers and sorry for my bad english ;)

Jeez, you can pay 10 bucks for a ticket to see something by Shyamalan and be thoroughly disappointed for a mere 90 minutes.

Are you going to ask for your money back when you come out because you figured out the man was dead after just 15 minutes?

calling 20 bucks for 3 months a scam is just... 

1 hour ago, GraXXoR said:

Jeez, you can pay 10 bucks for a ticket to see something by Shyamalan and be thoroughly disappointed for a mere 90 minutes.

Are you going to ask for your money back when you come out because you figured out the man was dead after just 15 minutes?

But it has a twist? 

@jeenah I definitely can feel your frustration, and I appreciate you taking the time to leave us the feedback.  The same reminder however that I use a lot is we are still in testing, and the game is not final state. I hope you'll circle back later and give us another go.  All the best. 

18 minutes ago, NQ-Naerais said:

But it has a twist? 

@jeenah I definitely can feel your frustration, and I appreciate you taking the time to leave us the feedback.  The same reminder however that I use a lot is we are still in testing, and the game is not final state. I hope you'll circle back later and give us another go.  All the best. 

Can you guys at least stop lying to us and calling this a "beta". This game, if you can call it that, is about as featureless as can be.  So we are really in alpha.  If you would be upfront and tell the community this they would be more forgiving and understand we are "testing". 

16 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

One thing i dont see Empyrion do is allowing players to walk on constructs during flight. Or being  MMO. 

But yea it does a lot of things better like game balance. 

are you advertising a different game on Du forums? Please be careful and don't advertise if that's what you're doing. Just keep this in mind.

3 hours ago, JohnnyTazer said:

Can you guys at least stop lying to us and calling this a "beta". This game, if you can call it that, is about as featureless as can be.  So we are really in alpha.  If you would be upfront and tell the community this they would be more forgiving and understand we are "testing". 

^^ 100%

Only in JC's wildest dreams would anyone say this game is truly in Beta.

That's why I call games like this Balphas... Basically Alpha in everything but name.