0.24 Phase One - Discussion Thread

NQ-Deckard

What happened to the Transparent Screens?
Before the patch they were fairly see through depending what type of imagery you were running through them:
old-on-1.thumb.jpg.89c7273837fa7849fdf46aef954781a0.jpg

Now they look dirty whether on or off with some garbage in your 'new and 'improved'" texture changes you did to some of the elements, not transparent at all. IF I need dirt and smudges at the edges I can do it myself, I'm an expert graphics person and feel insulted that you feel the need to take away from the game and the creators you SUPPOSEDLY support by doing this to us
:

new-off2.thumb.jpg.40f6f011393f75c64d3050723736a91f.jpgnew-off1.jpg.25f652ce4f79ed1cbbcd0f81bcd818e1.jpgnew-on.jpg.842ab6355acfc1847d3b1df5ee158961.jpg

I'm hoping this along with many other issues with honeycomb shaders (metals look like cheap spray painted, some types look dirty not kool, no more sparkle), shadows vs elements, soil and voxels, with lights (IE flat ones create shadows, vertical ones dont, container used to block vertical lights, now they don't)
If some people have too much shine, glow or sparkle let them adjust it in their own personal graphics settings instead of forcing everyone playing the game to accept half of the offered new goodies turn out to be rather sad in places. Love the new trees, how about letting us place a few where we want them on our territory like the dirt....a foliage tool...or a rock tool, only usable on one's own DIRT.

anyway,...please consider fixing this stuff.

On 3/24/2021 at 12:40 PM, blazemonger said:

As far as NQ goes, the upvote page is the roadmap.. they pretty much said so..

This is a beta forum and NQ started this post so I'd imagine they'd BETTER be PAYing ATTENTION TO IT. ;)

On 3/17/2021 at 10:19 PM, Fembot68 said:

Overall the graphics look good that being said.  There are so few good colors in the game its hard to find one to build with that has good contrast.  Now some of those have been made dull or look like they have been melted in the sun.  others look a lot better.  

here a few that I have found so far I am disappointed in 

• Black pattern plastic was one of the better patterns in the game.   now it looks more like gray pattern melted plastic. 
  • Steel colors have lost their colors and seem to have been muted out. Even the dark orange steel looks brown when it has no light on it. 
  • Luminescent voxel is very dim now you cant even tell its lighting up in most cases. 

black pattern plastic.PNG

Nearly every white material is now some sort of silverisch sh*t. Now there is no possibility to build white ships besides building it with plastic, brick or concret. 

Aged alu is more white than white alu and matte white carbon fiber is a silver flickering mess. 

I m very disappointed. 

Cache reduction to 5-10GB...wtf guys? 

Problem: Full market places. NQ Solution: more Parking spaces?! Rly? Seriously to reduce the lag you build more structures? 

I m a german game designer and dudes, you got some serious problems in your problem vs solution conceptions.. 

Since this thread was started by NQ staff I for one would appreciate it if ONE of them would respond to what is in here. Let us know you ARE reading it. You started this post and now it is 4 pages long. Is it getting through to the NEW management? Please do chime in for us players. This is the post for the LAST not so great update. What are your response NQ?

Not sure if this would be better suited for another thread, but since it's .24.7 related.

With the new addition to the refresh element upgrade tools added in .24.7, can we get this as its own rims function?

It would make for a better income revenue for people who train talents for this without the worries of giving someone build rights to your construct and possibly steal your elements and such. 

Giving an rdms function to this could allow players to create a new source of income by upgrading ships for people, without needing to have build rights. 

Just a thought. 

The "right click and select an option" to (re)apply buffs from talents feel like a programmer's solution to a gameplay problem. It really only makes this easy, it pretty much removes gameplay and interaction form the game entirely.

It would be _much_ nicer if the "Enter build mode-remove element-undo" action also restored links. In addition to this it would be nice to see an option in RDMS to create "one time use" rights which would allow someone to set up the ability for another player to enter build mode and do buffs and once they complete this and leave build mode the right is removed.

Now that would be creative thinking regarding solving a problem. Just adding a right click option is not, that is the easy way out/around it.

• 2 weeks later...

Patch 24.8 ```• Fixed a bug when the launcher wasn’t displayed correctly on small resolutions``` My launcher on my 24" monitor was fixed with this patch it no longer extends off the edge of the screen. My launcher on my 27" monitor was fine before this patch but is now hosed after this patch and extends over to my third monitor. I can drag it over and make it work. These are two separate PCs. More work needs to be done on the Launcher sizing.

2 minutes ago, Mhaijik said:

Patch 24.8 ```• Fixed a bug when the launcher wasn’t displayed correctly on small resolutions``` My launcher on my 24" monitor was fixed with this patch it no longer extends off the edge of the screen. My launcher on my 27" monitor was fine before this patch but is now hosed after this patch and extends over to my third monitor. I can drag it over and make it work. These are two separate PCs. More work needs to be done on the Launcher sizing.

We agree!  ;) Thanks for the report. 

• 1 month later...

Oh no no no!  What happened to the cool neon voxel build-mode outlines that glowed brightly so you could easily see where everything was getting placed?  Please consider putting this back - the new version is really hard to see where walls are going etc... the lighted neon outline feature + casting the neon lighting effect on the surrounding walls was really neat and easy to work with.  Just my two cents but that was one of things that was unique and fun during crafting!