Export your ship into an OBJ file

Leniver

12 hours ago, NQ-Naerais said:

I know this is something we looked into earlier, but wasn't feasible at the time for current tech reasons. Let me run back past it and see if that has changed :)

For different reasons but please let us at least export the blueprint parts list as a CVS/JSON file. Heck, even plain text.  It’s so

infuriating to have to keep referring back to the tiny blueprint window…

1 hour ago, NQ-Naerais said:

Currently still not possible for us to offer, but a nice to have for the future. It is on our wish list.  Sorry to disappoint.  

@GraXXoR Sorry, I don't think I'm following, can you elaborate a bit more and I'll share with the team. Thanks!

I would like to be able to just export the list of elements and voxels in my blueprints to an excel file, JSON or CSV file. Currently, I have to read the blueprint window and manually input the shopping list to an external file. Not the model or anything fancy, just the actual shopping list.

Instead, if I could just click  ' Export blueprint' button at the bottom of the inspect blueprint window and it exported the CSV file of each elements name, its hitpoints, its mass in kg,  thrust in Newotons, etc...  that would be fantastic.

even simpler, if I could just right click on a blueprint in my inventory and "copy blueprint netlist to clipboard" 

also please let us rename blueprints or at least show "date created" 

3 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

I would like to be able to just export the list of elements and voxels in my blueprints to an excel file, JSON or CSV file. Currently, I have to read the blueprint window and manually input the shopping list to an external file. Not the model or anything fancy, just the actual shopping list.

Instead, if I could just click  ' Export blueprint' button at the bottom of the inspect blueprint window and it exported the CSV file of each elements name, its hitpoints, its mass in kg,  thrust in Newotons, etc...  that would be fantastic.

even simpler, if I could just right click on a blueprint in my inventory and "copy blueprint netlist to clipboard" 

Yes. It's such a pain having to retype the BP so I can plan buying the parts. (I put the list in a spread sheet and add price and market and then use the spread sheet to plan the budget and the route to pick stuff up.

10 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

This can be done with Lua. I know, not the answer you want, but I’ve got a shopping list generator that ends up as a json on a screen that you copy and paste external. I send that to my parts guy and he fills the order. But something native would be better. 

• 5 months later...
On 3/16/2021 at 8:49 PM, PsychoSlaughter said:

This can be done with Lua. I know, not the answer you want, but I’ve got a shopping list generator that ends up as a json on a screen that you copy and paste external. I send that to my parts guy and he fills the order. But something native would be better. 

Could you point us in the direction this might be done with lua. I mean just a sample of how to generate the list,...