I'm about ready to uninstall this game...

Demlock

We've seen nothing that indicates 0.24 will be any "savior" patch.  Or any real new content.  The org wallet will just get people to get their Quanta stolen now instead of assets.  The mission system isnt even close to being fully implemented.  Unless they are hiding something, but even if they are does no good when the servers literally dont work in a 1v1 pvp situation. 

7 hours ago, JohnnyTazer said:

We've seen nothing that indicates 0.24 will be any "savior" patch.  Or any real new content.  The org wallet will just get people to get their Quanta stolen now instead of assets.  The mission system isnt even close to being fully implemented.  Unless they are hiding something, but even if they are does no good when the servers literally dont work in a 1v1 pvp situation. 

The only way they have hope of stirring up any form of interest in the game is if they put in NPC generated PVP missions into the mission system.

And even then it's a stretch to get any interest into it but still that's about the only thing I see anyone having an interest in doing anymore.

JC needs to realize that PVP is THE golden ticket to saving this fucking game.

It can look as pretty as it can be but if the mechanics are a pile of bullshit then you'll have a once excited community turning toxic ... like today.

That's really the only true way this shit has any hope of turning around now...again it's a BIG stretch but they NEED to make PVP better and DO FUCKING AVA for any of this shit to have a chance in hell of returning.

Quit listening to fucking carebears because they're going to be the death of this game.

What's funny is even the carebears are losing their shit now because the game is just that badly done.

Toodles.

1 hour ago, Demlock said:

The only way they have hope of stirring up any form of interest in the game is if they put in NPC generated PVP missions into the mission system.

And even then it's a stretch to get any interest into it but still that's about the only thing I see anyone having an interest in doing anymore.

It can look as pretty as it can be but if the mechanics are a pile of bullshit then you'll have a once excited community turning toxic ... like today.

That's really the only true way this shit has any hope of turning around now...again it's a BIG stretch but they NEED to make PVP better and DO FUCKING AVA for any of this shit to have a chance in hell of returning.

Quit listening to fucking carebears because they're going to be the death of this game.

What's funny is even the carebears are losing their shit now because the game is just that badly done.

PVP does need work.  But just slapping more trash on a half finished or broken system now will just lead to more broken stuff.

2 minutes ago, Pseudolukian said:

Sorry but that is only your own opinion not from us all. just because you have never learned to act without harasment its not our fault.

Nice turn of words there. Why not add murder and homicide to that harassment as well?

Imagjne territory warfare without AvA. That's like... idk.. deciding who to marry with rock paper scissors.

And yes, without pvp nothing in this game matters. Not the buildings, not the pvp ships, not the cool huds and lua creations, nor the cities that remain empty and desolate because there are no selective pressures at all in this game for any civilization building. It's basically minecraft. This was not the promise of the kickstsrter.

16 minutes ago, IvanGrozniy said:

Nice turn of words there. Why not add murder and homicide to that harassment as well?

Imagjne territory warfare without AvA. That's like... idk.. deciding who to marry with rock paper scissors.

And yes, without pvp nothing in this game matters. Not the buildings, not the pvp ships, not the cool huds and lua creations, nor the cities that remain empty and desolate because there are no selective pressures at all in this game for any civilization building. It's basically minecraft. This was not the promise of the kickstsrter.

Question how will not having AVA effect territory warfare? 

If you destroy the territory market and take the territory what can they do?  Watch?  

25 minutes ago, Pseudolukian said:

Sorry but that is only your own opinion not from us all. just because you have never learned to act without harasment its not our fault.

You dont seem to realize that this game was always and from the start a ffa pvp game outside of safezones

1 minute ago, LouHodo said:

Question how will not having AVA effect territory warfare? 

If you destroy the territory market and take the territory what can they do?  Watch?  

Fight back.

But the question assumes more things than you realize maybe. For one, why put up a player market when you don't have protection? Shields? Guns? Furthermore, why have the markets at all? In civilization history trade centers don't just happen. They are established via a long and arduous process resulting from many small trade routes coalescing into one trade center for convenience of all parties involved. They don't just appear out of nowhere. If this is meant to be a civilization building game you cannot just make a trading post. I mean... you can. But you also must suffer the risks involved. Trade hubs will emerge in key places organically due to demand and convenience.

Moscow wasn't built as Moscow. It wasn't built in 3 days. It was first a patch of dirt, then some trade route or some small shanty village where people painted themselves blue and killed and pillaged neighboring villages. It grew into a trade post and eventually into one of the main trade centers in the region and eventually grew into a city. And in the meantime a lot of blood was spilt.

I've been saying this many times over... this game is not a civilization building game even though it's advertised as such. You'd think that if you set out building such a game you'd go with first principles and ask: what is civilization? How does it arise? What factors characterize civilization? How long does it take? Then you take the most important aspects and try to gamify them. Based on what we have right now I don't believe this process ever happened. JC has no vision nor direction. It's blind development. Most alphas have significant evolutions and mechanics added on their main patches, DU seems to devolve with every patch.

Fight back how?  

How about you have vehicles to defend with.  Because what is a person on foot going to do to a tank, a fighter or any ship attacking them?  Even if they had a gun.   

It is something that can come later and not change a whole lot of things.

11 hours ago, Demlock said:

With each passing day I resent this game more and more because of ... well.. everything... I don't even know if I can hang on till .24... because to me, them pushing out a successful 0.24 is like a man painlessly passing a kidney stone the size of a paintball.

No exit rant thread would be complete without a “can I haz your stuff?” Request. 

so, erm…

Can I haz your stuff?

especially any Madis hexes. And an AGG if you have one. 
cheers. 

— oh, and, Cheerio!

24 minutes ago, GraXXoR said:

No exit rant thread would be complete without a “can I haz your stuff?” Request. 

so, erm…

Can I haz your stuff?

cheers. 

— oh, and, Cheerio!

Hey, can we split it?

3 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

so, erm…

Can I haz your stuff?

cheers. 

— oh, and, Cheerio!

3 hours ago, Haku0814 said:

Hey, can we split it?

lmfao

If I decided to make the full decision I'll think about it

tl;dr "Take a break, not every update is game-changing, but they are VERY good devs insofar as they are people who are consistent with their forward momentum."

Hey man I came back to this after almost 2 years of taking a break.
And you know what?  It was pretty great!  Taking that long of a break, I had a LOT of high expectations.  And what I found was that yes, it was much better optimized, it has a semblance of a trajectory for new players (although I really, REALLY am a very vocal opponent of their Schematics system the way they have it, and I think it needs to be reeled in a little, especially since there are permanent losses in PVP now).

Really I'd say just take the break, man.  Come back when you feel you want to, give it a couple months, a year, or just keep your ear to the ground with no actual idea of what you want to do (basically what I did)

This game is far from finished, but it really is very, very cool for its building mechanics (even though they really throttled down the building stuff for new players) but the game itself is still fun.  It's grindy as shit and playing it solo is a slog (because they didn't intend the game to be that way, but it accidentally PUNISHES people for that instead of just making you have to go through the motions)

You know what I been doing, though?  On my 5-minute flights from my base to the market, I've been watching Dead Meat's Kill Count videos.  Love'em.
Yeah it's stupid you have to have a second screen or set up your trajectory so you can kick back and wait for travel time to be done and there's literally nothing else interesting to do (don't engage in chat, trust lol) but that's a part of a game that has both terrestrial and interstellar (eventually) travel all in the same game.  Speed, piloting, plotting, etc will be important.

Sorry I'm waiting for my buddy to show up to pick me up for work, and so I typed a lot

19 hours ago, Demlock said:

someone shat in his cornflakes this morning.

TLDR at the bottom.

YOU may think that pvp is the GOLDEN ticket but there are far more things that they could do (and IMO, should do)  first before introducing PVP considering this engine is really not up to the task.

removal of ALL BOTS:  ore purchasers and schematics.

Replace schematics with org research. research the schematics and horde or sell them.

PROPER Tech tree with proper tiers that need to be studied AND USED to unlock. (Cyberpunk's xp system is great).

Automated defensive structures, domes, forcefields, fortifications ala every single shooting since the 80.

Energy generation and consumption and recycling, reclaiming.

WATER as a resource needed for industry

importing water to arid planets like Madis/moons.

OIL wells for energy and plastics production.

realistic resource distribution and extraction rates,
Proper resources and farming

Farming wood and other biological materials from trees and animals, not coal.

Or grow them in reactors/vats.

Tier Zero materials for land buildings like concrete, masonry etc.

Proper terrain forming tools with undo like in core building.
Requiring energy/time cool downs for local res nodes to function forcing players who repeatedly die back to earlier res nodes, further away.

NOW we have valuable resources that need to be gathered and pooled, we have real reason for conflict and PVP.

Once this is in place, remove the safe zones and allow air / air-ground PVP.

Before any of this is in place, PVP is just grandstanding/ganking/willie waving and roleplaying. It has zero strategic value as currently implemented.

TL;DR: PVP isn't the golden ticket, it is the icing on the cake, IMO

50 minutes ago, GraXXoR said:

NOW we have valuable resources that need to be gathered and pooled, we have real reason for conflict and PVP.

What is most tragic and tormenting to me personaly here, that 3/4 of things you mentioned have objectivly not that "expensive" on dev time, little of assets or complex interactions. Its just about disign in someones head.

I like always igniting, thinking, like, damn, give me some modder dudes from MC and we can do better job with it. So much wasted potential.

3 hours ago, le_souriceau said:

give me some modder dudes from MC

That is a wrong way of thinking. 

MC mods have a ton of bugs. But ppl dont mind them because its not a pvp mmo. There is no issue what so ever to reset the server and try again. 

That would never work for DU. 

Also MC does not have crafting that takes days. 

Anything going wrong is easly recoverable in 1 hour. 

4 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

someone shat in his cornflakes this morning.

TLDR at the bottom.

YOU may think that pvp is the GOLDEN ticket but there are far more things that they could do (and IMO, should do)  first before introducing PVP considering this engine is really not up to the task.

removal of ALL BOTS:  ore purchasers and schematics.

Replace schematics with org research. research the schematics and horde or sell them.

PROPER Tech tree with proper tiers that need to be studied AND USED to unlock. (Cyberpunk's xp system is great).

Automated defensive structures, domes, forcefields, fortifications ala every single shooting since the 80.

Energy generation and consumption and recycling, reclaiming.

WATER as a resource needed for industry

importing water to arid planets like Madis/moons.

OIL wells for energy and plastics production.

realistic resource distribution and extraction rates,
Proper resources and farming

Farming wood and other biological materials from trees and animals, not coal.

Or grow them in reactors/vats.

Tier Zero materials for land buildings like concrete, masonry etc.

Proper terrain forming tools with undo like in core building.
Requiring energy/time cool downs for local res nodes to function forcing players who repeatedly die back to earlier res nodes, further away.

Once this is in place, remove the safe zones and allow air / air-ground PVP.

Before any of this is in place, PVP is just grandstanding/ganking/willie waving and roleplaying. It has zero strategic value as currently implemented.

TL;DR: PVP isn't the golden ticket, it is the icing on the cake, IMO

A lot of your post makes sense :).  I do love your ideas.  Sadly dont think it will hit the game.  PVP as you said is ganking.  There needs to be a reason to PVP and I do agree there are too many 'safe zones'

Honvik

Magister of the Empire