The Day that better communication is demanded by the community is the day NQ goes dark

Demlock

I just don't know what moron thinks it's a great idea to just completely disavow their own community by NOT SAYING A FUCKING WORD!

NQ the more we ask for better connection and communication the more in the dark you go.

8 hours ago, Demlock said:

NQ the more we ask for better connection and communication the more in the dark you go.

Don't worry, the upper level management is currently in a meeting on how they should word their next "we heard you" post. It will take them a few days to come to a consensus which will be so vague that it's anyone's guess what they are actually saying. Regardless of that, they wil show once more they may hear us but are not listening actually and will just press on wit their fantastic new update coming soon (tm)

NQ-PANN mentioned an AMA shortly before the 0.24 release.. I doubt NQ will have the balls to actually do that at this stage and if they do.. it will be quite the spectacle no doubt.

Finally, it's not like any of this comes as a surprise to anyone who has had an objective POV on NQ's antics. They have/had staff in position able and willing to be in open and fair communication with us but the manager(s) for these people have shows to not have a clue and/or could not care less about the community.

The given that currently NQ is not even monitoring the forums for moderation is a huge deep red flag with regards to their organizational and operational state IMO.

It's a shame that the wonderful promise and potential of DU is being squashed by a both incompetent and complacent attitude from NQ. It almost feels like the powers that be want the game to go down so they can move on.

Such a shame..

For me the number one tell is the “lapsed subscriptions not actually lapsing” fiasco. 

Have you ever heard of companies not charging for something they said they were charging for? Repeatedly and regularly? Imagine cancelling your mobile subscription and still being able to access the network for free. Nevagunnahappen. 

A company that is regularly and repeatedly kicking their remaining paying customers in the happysacks is not long for this world. IMO. 

Just now, XKentX said:

But what makes you want to scan on PTS if you can do the same on live server ? It's not like you do it faster there.

Was wondering the same thing. Btw, has guy's tip of the day thread been deleted?

21 minutes ago, XKentX said:

But what makes you want to scan on PTS if you can do the same on live server ? It's not like you do it faster there.

P.S:

I am mining noob so maybe I just don't get it.

I got 2 beta invitations with my pledge, which gives me 3 accounts. Each of these accounts has access to PTS. 

So 6 out of 12 planets (not including moons) can be covered by me. I can log into an alt account on PTS while I am flying somewhere on the live server and use it to find ores. This alt account is of course skilled to get the best out of the scanner tool.

Imagine you have a buddy who does the same. Or a few people in the org who you pay (later on the live server) to do it on the pts.

You get to know the spots without using fuel or warp cells on the live server. And the whole thing is made easier on pts with the fact that instead of getting 100k quanta like on the live server, it's a total of 1,000,000,000 quanta per day. You are not interested in a territory scanner unit if you are much faster than waiting 15 minutes per tile. Above all, you don't even have to make a big effort. 

That's why it's just plain ridiculous that your seed is freely available on the pts.

2 minutes ago, Fra119 said:

You are faster than the scanner when doing what exactly? I still don't get it xD

Scanning and mining.

A player with talents in scanning and mining has more power to capture things with his mobile device. I don't need to know everything about the tile, for that there are reference spreadsheets that tell me roughly at which level which ore is located. But I can limit which tiles I have to look at.

13 hours ago, Demlock said:

NQ the more we ask for better connection and communication the more in the dark you go

It's not always that easy.
This kind of projects, with private investors,  never die in a nice way.

Investors and bank loans frequently demand a certain aspect of the project as collateral.

Everything has a value to be collateral. Server tech has value, the plot has value, the name of the game has value, the community has value.

When money runs out and targets are not reached, those banks/investors start executing the acquisition of that "collateral" they demanded.

When this happens, it becomes a legal issue, to try to do something with the project.

Even informing us can become liability.

17 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

When money runs out and targets are not reached, those banks/investors start executing the acquisition of that "collateral" they demanded.

When this happens, it becomes a legal issue, to try to do something with the project.

Even informing us can become liability.

Further incentive to just leave really...

I dunno how No Man's Sky Pulled out of their downward spiral but I don't think this game will be able to recover from where it's heading.

The loss of soo many PR people the complete blackout in communications ZERO transparency and overall number of problems mentioned just... do nothing but disappoint.

1 hour ago, Demlock said:

I dunno how No Man's Sky Pulled out of their downward spiral

There's a really good video on that on Youtube

TL:DR .. Healthy bank account, Determination, Dedication and most of all Ability and Willingness to hunker down and make it happen

IMO none of these things are present at NQ

30 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

There's a really good video on that on Youtube

TL:DR .. Healthy bank account, Determination, Dedication and most of all Ability and Willingness to hunker down and make it happen

IMO none of these things are present at NQ

There is a fair amount of assumptions in that post.  

Do you actually know NQs financial situation?  No.

Do you know how hard they are actually working on things?  No.

Do you know the abilities or willingness of the developers?  Of course not.

So we have determined this to be more trash.

Somehow, I feel like because they felt compelled to listen to the carebears about making a PTS server for them NQ is unable to support a public facing staff... or they're just in the hole entirely.