Maybe another game....

aliensalmon

4 minutes ago, LouHodo said:

Beta and alpha means different things to different companies.  While I agree in most cases it means feature complete.  Well DCS World is a released product and they are constantly adding new features and updating the graphics.  So is it not a released product or is it an alpha?

Feature-complete doesn't mean "no more features left to add", it means "are all the features are present for a complete product". 

DU hasn't made progress on that front, and NQ as a developer has never made a game before, so we only have their track record over the past 6 years to judge. 

Six years is a long time to not get to a point of feature completion, even with DU's ambitious slate of features. I would fully understand if NQ needed a whole year (or two!) to optimize and fix bugs...but they need to that on top of finishing huge, complex features for the game to be complete. 

IMO, the general pessimism here has nothing to do with a lack of patience...but the belief that even if NQ had another 6 years, they wouldn't be able to finish the game as it was presented in their adverts. 

1 minute ago, ShippyLongstalking said:

Feature-complete doesn't mean "no more features left to add", it means "are all the features are present for a complete product". 

DU hasn't made progress on that front, and NQ as a developer has never made a game before, so we only have their track record over the past 6 years to judge. 

Six years is a long time to not get to a point of feature completion, even with DU's ambitious slate of features. I would fully understand if NQ needed a whole year (or two!) to optimize and fix bugs...but they need to that on top of finishing huge, complex features for the game to be complete. 

IMO, the general pessimism here has nothing to do with a lack of patience...but the belief that even if NQ had another 6 years, they wouldn't be able to finish the game as it was presented in their adverts. 

CCP didn't make a game prior to Eve Online.

CRS didn't make a game prior to WWII Online.

Star Vault didn't make a game prior to Mortal Online. 

The point is a company has to start somewhere.  If they succeed great if they fail well to bad.  All you can do is choose to support them or move on.  Crying about something you have zero control over is pointless.

Just now, Lethys said:

You're not very Patient with hoomans it seems. Gotcha!

No I have zero tolerance for stupid.  And making post after post about whatever half-cocked conspiracy or fear mongering concept you have is just stupid.

3 minutes ago, LouHodo said:

CCP didn't make a game prior to Eve Online.

CRS didn't make a game prior to WWII Online.

Star Vault didn't make a game prior to Mortal Online. 

The point is a company has to start somewhere.  If they succeed great if they fail well to bad.  All you can do is choose to support them or move on. 

Sure, but it isn't just the company, it's the leadership. JC has never made a game...or even worked in game dev, and he's the Founder/CEO/Creative Lead and has been the public face of the game. The experienced voices he did hire (e.g. Oskarsson) didn't stay for long. 

7 minutes ago, LouHodo said:

Crying about something you have zero control over is pointless.

You have zero control over what people talk about here, but you have definitely cried about it :D 

11 minutes ago, LouHodo said:

No I have zero tolerance for stupid.  And making post after post about whatever half-cocked conspiracy or fear mongering concept you have is just stupid.

Its a bit much lately (imo deserved but That's just me) and very strongly worded (not so much deserved but understandable). 

But you know what would help? 

Communication

9 minutes ago, ShippyLongstalking said:

Sure, but it isn't just the company, it's the leadership. JC has never made a game...or even worked in game dev, and he's the Founder/CEO/Creative Lead and has been the public face of the game. The experienced voices he did hire (e.g. Oskarsson) didn't stay for long. 

You have zero control over what people talk about here, but you have definitely cried about it :D 

Well you are right about the last part.  I did complain about the amount of stupid around here lately.   It's like IQs to a sharp dive over the last year.  To much TikTok not enough deep thought.

3 minutes ago, Lethys said:

Its a bit much lately (imo deserved but That's just me) and very strongly worded (not so much deserved but understandable). 

But you know what would help? 

Communication

It would, but this isn't just a MQ problem.  I can easily point out a dozen game companies that fall short on this.

3 minutes ago, LouHodo said:

It would, but this isn't just a MQ problem.  I can easily point out a dozen game companies that fall short on this.

Sure. We're not stuck with any of those hundreds of other game companies tho. We're here

Just now, Lethys said:

Sure. We're not stuck with any of those hundreds of other game companies tho. We're here

True you are not.  But I am saying it isn't any better anywhere else.  So you can either move on and go play sometime else.

Or you can, pull up your big boy pants and cowboy up.

7 minutes ago, LouHodo said:

True you are not.  But I am saying it isn't any better anywhere else.  So you can either move on and go play sometime else.

Or tell them what's wrong with the game, give ideas how to fix it and wait for an answer from them. Radical idea, I know 

43 minutes ago, LouHodo said:

The difference is I am patient.  

I have waited nearly ten years for Star Citizen.  9 years for Cyberpunk 2077.  I played WWII online for ten years, Eve Online for 15, Mortal Online for 8.  So to say I am in a game for the long haul I mean it.  

If people don't have patience then that's on them.  Sorry that today's "Gib now!" Culture created this toxic impatient bunch of gamers and customers.  Not everything is going to happen fast. 

I did play eve since 2005 with s glimpse of it in beta (with only 3 systems).

You could kill stuff and had a game at the start with more content than we have in DU now.

Eve has expansions every 6 months, DU has jetpack switch.

You should still say "waiting" when you talk about SC as there is no game yet, nor in any sense they promised.

11 minutes ago, LouHodo said:

It is though. Valheim discord is nice. Manner Lords discord is brilliant. SB discord is quite interesting. Some of these have better ideas and some even have way better functionally fun games. And what does cowboy up mean here? What are you saying? Criticism doesn't matter? Because yes we're being critical and negative toward the game, and we only have NQ to blame for it due to their lack of communication as to what's going on internally. It's quite a big list of names that have been either let go or have quit.

22 minutes ago, Lethys said:

Or tell them what's wrong with the game, give ideas how to fix it and wait for an answer from them. Radical idea, I know 

If people could give constructive ideas instead of claiming the game is dead or the company is going out of business.  Those threads, the constructive ones are fine.  

18 minutes ago, IvanGrozniy said:

It is though. Valheim discord is nice. Manner Lords discord is brilliant. SB discord is quite interesting. Some of these have better ideas and some even have way better functionally fun games. And what does cowboy up mean here? What are you saying? Criticism doesn't matter? Because yes we're being critical and negative toward the game, and we only have NQ to blame for it due to their lack of communication as to what's going on internally. It's quite a big list of names that have been either let go or have quit.

NQ was like this at one point too.  Things happen.  Deal with it.