Maybe another game....

aliensalmon

1 minute ago, Daphne Jones said:

Starbase looks horrible to me. When DU collapses, I'll probably go back to SC for MMO and KSP for ship building - I have a pretty capable space plane in KSP that I've been having fun with.

I haven't fired up KSP in years.  I have over 8k hours in that game but I ran a realism overhaul version. 

2 minutes ago, SirJohn85 said:

AvA was postponed without a date after release. That's a fact. Don't explain to me what facts are. 

It's only a matter of time what we see this year.

Postponed is different than cancelled.  

The NBA season was postponed last year.  

And it is still planned.  It's not like they suddenly said, "we decided we aren't going to have PVP and well AvA is to hard so we will only have premade constructs allowed from our very small selection.

After years of playing with voxels, even though I love it, I have only reinforced my opinion that building for no purpose is just not fun.  I don't want a "look what I can do" building sim where the only reward is a like on twitter.  I wanted to build to withstand attacks, build stores that people would shop in, build buildings that we could have AvA battles in, etc.  But it just takes too much grinding to do that in this game. 

I'm looking forward to Ashes of Creation now. 

Just now, LouHodo said:

Postponed is different than cancelled.  

The NBA season was postponed last year.  

And it is still planned.  It's not like they suddenly said, "we decided we aren't going to have PVP and well AvA is to hard so we will only have premade constructs allowed from our very small selection.

Of course, AvA is a recurring event that takes place annually, I forgot...

But anyway, we'll see what comes.

Just now, Dhara said:

Same. One of the few games that has an idea that can convince and is already financially secured, KS was just extra money, as the ceo said.

2 minutes ago, SirJohn85 said:

Of course, AvA is a recurring event that takes place annually, I forgot...

But anyway, we'll see what comes.

Same. One of the few games that has an idea that can convince and is already financially secured, KS was just extra money, as the ceo said.

It is in early beta.   I can't think of one game that I have played in the last 30 years that is anything near where it was on early beta.

16 hours ago, Dhara said:

I don't fund any games on KS etc but really watching this one.

The good sign is that they have a very good description of what mechanics they plan in their wiki. It's not perfect and not everything is there but at least we can see that people behind the wheel know what they are doing and clearly state what their game is gonna be.

It's not like in DU when we don't even know where exactly the safezone will end at the start of public balpha.

17 minutes ago, XKentX said:

I don't fund any games on KS etc but really watching this one.

The good sign is that they have a very good description of what mechanics they plan in their wiki. It's not perfect and not everything is there but at least we can see that people behind the wheel know what they are doing and clearly state what their game is gonna be.

It's not like in DU when we don't even know where exactly the safezone will end at the start of public balpha.

And coming from DU the other good sign is how much they interact with the community. 

1 minute ago, Noddles said:

And coming coming from DU the other good sign is how much they interact with the community. 

Not only that, but the developers listen to feedback and, for example, change animations if people don't like it after it's been presented.

3 minutes ago, XKentX said:

The bad part is that it still like half a year at least until public no-wipe game. May be more...

Id buy into it now if it wouldnt cost me several hundred dollars. And the wipe doesnt bother me as much there since its closer to a traditional mmorpg.

I am an old player who has been playing mmorpgs for 20 years. You don't convince me with graphics or anything like that. I see what Ashes of Creation do for gameplay only. And AoC is the only one I tought it would not pan out - and i was wrong. I underestimated the vision of a man. But as I said, it takes an MMO player to design a good MMO. AoC CEO has played all the same ones I did in my youth. He is same age bracket as me, so he played Lineage 2, Ultima, SWG, and so on... Heck, you can even hear in their streams when they talk about the old times raiding X or doing activity Y in their past. He knows what makes a community and all I see in AoC is community building.

I got burned on DU when I crowdfunded it. I, on the other hand, will wait until the release is here.

2 hours ago, LouHodo said:

To all of you upset by the lack of progress or the direction of DU.

Bye.  

Get gone and be gone.  Stay gone.

You just said "be gone" to 99.8% of the player base (.8 because .9 will require at least 1k players and I don't think DU has it).

Common, how can somebody be not upset with the progress as we didn't get anything meaningful/working since balpha start. The schematics is not "content" it was low dev involvement + done like everything else in DU: there are no schems for certain items and some schems have different name from what they produce.

Bye.  

You don't seem to realize what's going on do you....

.24 is just a middlewear patch. They are struggling to get a simple mission system going. This, I think, is their last attempt at visual polish before say.. a single player creative mode  ea Steam release... for example. Say goodbye to single shard.

You'll be the one raging on reddit when they pull the plug on the live servers.

Bye.  

Beta is already supposed to mean "feature-complete", and DU clearly isn't.

More than that, they haven't made any progress on becoming feature-complete in the last 6 months.

That's absurdly slow....and not just according to our opinions, according to their own roadmaps, which show them finishing every major pillar of the game by the end of the year. If they had pushed substantial fixes and optimizations it would be a totally different view -- but basic, basic features still don't work properly or scale cleanly. 

So they haven't made progress toward feature-completeness, they haven't stabilized or optimized the core features they do have, and they've scaled back support. 

In what world is that "okay progress"...? 

44 minutes ago, XKentX said:

You just said "be gone" to 99.8% of the player base (.8 because .9 will require at least 1k players and I don't think DU has it).

Common, how can somebody be not upset with the progress as we didn't get anything meaningful/working since balpha start. The schematics is not "content" it was low dev involvement + done like everything else in DU: there are no schems for certain items and some schems have different name from what they produce.

The difference is I am patient.  

I have waited nearly ten years for Star Citizen.  9 years for Cyberpunk 2077.  I played WWII online for ten years, Eve Online for 15, Mortal Online for 8.  So to say I am in a game for the long haul I mean it.  

If people don't have patience then that's on them.  Sorry that today's "Gib now!" Culture created this toxic impatient bunch of gamers and customers.  Not everything is going to happen fast. 

18 minutes ago, IvanGrozniy said:

You don't seem to realize what's going on do you....

.24 is just a middlewear patch. They are struggling to get a simple mission system going. This, I think, is their last attempt at visual polish before say.. a single player creative mode  ea Steam release... for example. Say goodbye to single shard.

You'll be the one raging on reddit when they pull the plug on the live servers.

Nope.  I will just leave. Simple as that.

2 minutes ago, ShippyLongstalking said:

Beta is already supposed to mean "feature-complete", and DU clearly isn't.

More than that, they haven't made any progress on becoming feature-complete in the last 6 months.

That's absurdly slow....and not just according to our opinions, according to their own roadmaps, which show them finishing every major pillar of the game by the end of the year. If they had pushed substantial fixes and optimizations it would be a totally different view -- but basic, basic features still don't work properly or scale cleanly. 

So they haven't made progress toward feature-completeness, they haven't stabilized or optimized the core features they do have, and they've scaled back support. 

In what world is that "okay progress"...? 

Beta and alpha means different things to different companies.  While I agree in most cases it means feature complete.  Well DCS World is a released product and they are constantly adding new features and updating the graphics.  So is it not a released product or is it an alpha?

Just now, IvanGrozniy said:

Don't tell me what to do so I don't have to tell you where to go ?

Well having a temper tantrum like a child isn't going to change anything.   

As my mom used to tell me, "don't go angry, don't go sad, just go."

2 minutes ago, LouHodo said:

The difference is I am patient.  

I have waited nearly ten years for Star Citizen.  9 years for Cyberpunk 2077.  I played WWII online for ten years, Eve Online for 15, Mortal Online for 8.  So to say I am in a game for the long haul I mean it.  

If people don't have patience then that's on them.  Sorry that today's "Gib now!" Culture created this toxic impatient bunch of gamers and customers.  Not everything is going to happen fast. 

Played eve for 13 years. Has nothing to do with gib culture. Or how long you played other games