naunet stepping down, my fairwells to a great CM

ELX987

Dear Naunet,

i loved your work for the community, and your commitment to keeping me as a player entertained and feel at home, even in this dark age of the games time.

i will miss you as a CM, and will hope you find a better place to call home

enjoy your last week here while you are there.

you will be missed ?

sincerely,

-EL X

(EDIT: she has removed NQ from her LinkedIn and her reddit is gone)

2 minutes ago, ELX987 said:

Dear Naunet,

i loved your work for the community, and your commitment to keeping me as a player entertained and feel at home, even in this dark age of the games time.

you will be missed ?

sincerely,

-EL X

Good luck, Naunet! You did a great job here and i hope you find a better gig soon. 

Where did you even hear this news ELX?  

3 minutes ago, ShippyLongstalking said:

Good luck, Naunet! You did a great job here and i hope you find a better gig soon. 

Where did you even hear this news ELX?  

several people have told me about it and like i said her LinkedIn and her deleted reddit tell the signs, i wont be linking any links tho because i respect her privacy

2 hours ago, ELX987 said:

Dear Naunet,

you will be missed ?

sincerely,

-EL X

I guess NQ doesn't need a community manager since they abandoned the community. This is unfortunate, she will be missed- and if by chance she reads this- thank you for all you did for the community while you were here!

No support in game. No support on weekends. Dev blogs about jetpack toggle button that would only be a footnote in ANY other game. High turnover rate at NQ. And last but definitely not least, literally MONTHS where you can log in without paying the sub, and NQ radio silent on it. I'm rarely a doomsday sayer but jesus fucking christ it couldn't look any worse if they tried.

8 minutes ago, Dhara said:

but she seemed to be doing a great job! 

For real? 

What would you consider a bad job? 

The current community being reduced to this numbers, instead of growing? 

The lack of any action to 100 raging players? 

The implementation of marginally supported features because she only cared about discord feedback?

All of this was a great job. 

4 hours ago, ELX987 said:

Dear Naunet,

you will be missed ?

sincerely,

-EL X

Any chance you can DM her and ask if she can confirm? A lot of us would really like to know if we are standing on a sinking ship...

Shame they not even allowed her (?) to make farewell post or something! 

Its super sad, that Naunet actualy tried for short while be our real, so much needed CM, but then was put in chains and muted of, I guess, to conform to "internal way of doing things" (doing nothing!). Its mind bogling, that hired CMs actualy not allowed to do their CMing thing for some twisted reason.

Yet, she leaving such company likely for best in professsional way. Less time wasted.

Naunet is gone? Oh no .....

Must say I am not surprised at all. I think NQ is right now "frozen" and most probably in desperate need or search of financing. That is just my opinion of course but it somehow feels like it.

I really wish they would overcome this difficult situation and manage to make the game into what most of us wanted - an enjoyable piece of software for many years to come.

9 minutes ago, Burble said:

Naunet was the epitome of self control and diplomacy when dealing with a nest of vipers such as we are. Full respect deserved form the community and I hope that future employers know how lucky they are.

Ya she gave me a 30 day ban. I respect her for that.  Now I can tell people they are fucking idiots with impunity on the forums.  In the end its probably best she left this sinking ship anyway, and will be on to bigger and better things. 

2 minutes ago, JohnnyTazer said:

Ya she gave me a 30 day ban. I respect her for that.  Now I can tell people they are fucking idiots with impunity on the forums.  In the end its probably best she left this sinking ship anyway, and will be on to bigger and better things. 

The most fun thing to do around here from now on might even be who can find the most impressive reason for getting perma banned.