Y'all need to stop being jerks

Madrummer

Seriously, if someone makes a critique, you need to stop spewing the same company talking points.
And stop dogpiling.  No wonder so many people quit the game and new user acquisition is so low.

I mean it, especially Mason just wow.  I've never seen a community so good at pushing buttons.  I'm usually pretty chill and friendly, but WOW any time someone mentions that they dislike the schematics system, and I say "Yeah I know, it's pretty terrible.  If it were up to me, there'd be the basic tiers available for the factories so you could at least have fun trying it out to see if you wanted to invest all your time in those talents," I get fllllaaaaamed hard!  And eventually, I broke.  I said some damn dirty things in chat (which I do not regret, you guys were all being scumbags) but I swear, it's A BETA!  You're SUPPOSED to talk about the things that you think don't work right!  This is NOT the final product!

I'd heard in videos and read in articles that this community had taken a weird turn for leg-humping, but wow experiencing first hand with the dogpiles and the absolute jack-assery that pushes people to just say "Eff you and your animal soul" was...well I'm out.  You think the changes are good for the economy, eh, because more contribution means more production?  Well, you bastards are about as bad for the economy as can be, because you're turning people off who want to play the game in any other way than you exactly do.

Deuces, douches.

Oh that's fine of you to say that, but no, it wasn't getting my feelings hurt, don't think I have many of them left at this point anyway.
It was the constant triggered masses dogpiling while I'm just trying to tell someone "I agree, and here is where I think the problem lies," whenever they say they are frustrated with trying to do basic industry and someone else tells them "lol then don't even bother, specialize in something else."

I actually really love the idea of this game and what it has done, but people being pricks to try and shout down anyone who says "yeah that's a shitty system, it needs to be fixed" is definitely turning people off.  Again, it's not just me, I saw warnings and just didn't think it was actually "a thing" until I came back and saw it.  People really, really, REALLY wanna defend this system and don't want it changed at all, despite that fact that it is fairly arbitrary and not fun.  It's a social mindset of "I did it, so you should, too!," despite the fact that MOST people did NOT do it, and were already pre-established before the new system was put in place.

Haha great, great job being completely exemplary of what I was saying.  Instigation and pushing people around leads to resentment and explosive responses, that was what I was saying (tl;dr for you since you didn't read it at all I notice) and you just coming in here to be rude and to stir the pot without actually contributing anything is exactly what I was talking about.

So...both thanks for that, and also stop doing that.

Lol. The irony. 

Its done m8. The faith of DU is sealed.

And you know it, or else you would be afraid of moderation. 

At the end, what makes DU fail is the decisions NQ made. 

The game is fun for a "minecraft" game. But ppl dont want to pay a monthly subscription to play minecraft. 

As a MMO it fails with 5 stars.

The game focuses on hours grinding, hours of space travel, days of crafting. It is not a work day escape. Ppl go to work to escape DU. 

It is totally unbalanced.

Being in a group gives you exponential advantages. 

Being a old player also gives you exponential advantages. 

It is full of bugs. But more importantly, it is full of loopholes that require mechanisms that do not exist. 

Now why would a new player join the game, and if he joins, not quit after 2 days? 

How are we the players responsible for the direction the game went? 

You can even say "because you influenced developers to make 'this' game". But the community always gave arguments for both sides of each decision. It was up to NQ to read and make a informed decision. 

At the end is NQ's fault, not ours. 

On 3/10/2021 at 6:10 AM, Madrummer said:

Seriously, if someone makes a critique, you need to stop spewing the same company talking points.
And stop dogpiling.  No wonder so many people quit the game and new user acquisition is so low.

I mean it, especially Mason just wow.  I've never seen a community so good at pushing buttons.  I'm usually pretty chill and friendly, but WOW any time someone mentions that they dislike the schematics system, and I say "Yeah I know, it's pretty terrible.  If it were up to me, there'd be the basic tiers available for the factories so you could at least have fun trying it out to see if you wanted to invest all your time in those talents," I get fllllaaaaamed hard!  And eventually, I broke.  I said some damn dirty things in chat (which I do not regret, you guys were all being scumbags) but I swear, it's A BETA!  You're SUPPOSED to talk about the things that you think don't work right!  This is NOT the final product!

I'd heard in videos and read in articles that this community had taken a weird turn for leg-humping, but wow experiencing first hand with the dogpiles and the absolute jack-assery that pushes people to just say "Eff you and your animal soul" was...well I'm out.  You think the changes are good for the economy, eh, because more contribution means more production?  Well, you bastards are about as bad for the economy as can be, because you're turning people off who want to play the game in any other way than you exactly do.

Deuces, douches.

Honestly, this community was great in alpha, a lot of people with good and constructive criticism. After beta, it became too toxic, unfortunately due to 10 people spamming all the threads in the forums and crying about how DU sucks in their opinion and repeating the same thing over and over. Like you said, this is extremely bad for new players who are interested in the game. 

All the people spamming the forums just get their dose of dopamine when someone likes their post/comment, since they don't have anything better to do in their life. It's saddening to see an awesome game fail due to the toxicity of a small number of nolifers, but at the end of the day, it is what it is. If you really support the game and want it to succeed, play it, bring some friends with you, have a nice time, don't spam the forums with unnecessary negativity, like 80% of the people here.

I will keep playing the game and pay my 2 subs every month to support the development as much as I can. At this point, this is all we can do if we want a good future for DU.

Also, to all the people crying in this forum how the game sucks, I feel sorry that you need to have some random dude agree with you on a forum to have meaning in your life.

27 minutes ago, Yamamoto said:

Honestly, this community was great in alpha, a lot of people with good and constructive criticism.

Also, to all the people crying in this forum how the game sucks, I feel sorry that you need to have some random dude agree with you on a forum to have meaning in your life.

The criticism and displeasure will not change. One censors oneself in the moment that one does not see what popular opinions of others are, even if they have no weight. That only shows in the end that you are dissatisfied with what others think. Bute sure, let's remove it. I'm in favour of removing the like button and just dealing with the context that the players write. At least then we don't have to deal with arguments like: "You write this only for the brownie points."

It's funny that in the alpha there was a great community that gave good and constructive criticism. But it's also the people from back then who (still!) give good and constructive criticism today. 

NQ just decided over the years to take an ignorant attitude towards the community that is irresponsible and to manoeuvre the project with questionable decisions into a direction (no AvA, patch 0.23) that can no longer be approved. Also the fact that since the start of the beta no significant progress or features have been added makes me wonder. 

I don't have to explain that there is no peace, joy and happiness afterwards. I have invested enough money and time in this project to have my mouth shut. 

If the game's right for you: fine. It's not true for me when I look at the project after 4 years.

Edit:

Something very important forgotten - We are in Beta. New players pay money if they want to continue playing. The situation is completely different than when you give your armchair "expert" opinion as a backer.

And this is something a few people should not ignore.

6 minutes ago, SirJohn85 said:

I'm in favour of removing the like button and just dealing with the context that the players write. The criticism and displeasure will not change. One censors oneself in the moment that one does not see what popular opinions of others are, even if they have no weight. That only shows in the end that you are dissatisfied with what others think.

It's funny that in the alpha there was a great community that gave good and constructive criticism. But it's also the people from back then who (still!) give good and constructive criticism today. 

NQ just decided over the years to take an ignorant attitude towards the community that is irresponsible and to manoeuvre the project with questionable decisions into a direction (no AvA, patch 0.23) that can no longer be approved. Also the fact that since the start of the beta no significant progress or features have been added makes me wonder. 

I don't have to explain that there is no peace, joy and happiness afterwards. I have invested enough money and time in this project to have my mouth shut. 

If the game's right for you: fine. It's not true for me when I look at the project after 4 years.

Yes mate, we've heard this story on a thousand different posts already. Most of us have invested a lot of time in this game, so what ? If you want this game to progress, spamming the same thing a million times will not change something, if the devs have enough money, the game will progress, simple as that. If you post shit on the forums and all new players see your crying, do you expect they will want to try the game out? I doubt it. 

Of course, it's everyone choice to do whatever they want. If you feel satisfaction of posting unnecessary comments that don't bring any value, go ahead and keep turning potential new players away.

At the end of the day, our feedback would contribute only a small fraction for the game development. If NQ don't have money to make new features, all the best, most constructive feedback/ideas will not save them.  

55 minutes ago, Yamamoto said:

Yes mate, we've heard this story on a thousand different posts already. Most of us have invested a lot of time in this game, so what ? If you want this game to progress, spamming the same thing a million times will not change something, if the devs have enough money, the game will progress, simple as that. If you post shit on the forums and all new players see your crying, do you expect they will want to try the game out? I doubt it. 

Of course, it's everyone choice to do whatever they want. If you feel satisfaction of posting unnecessary comments that don't bring any value, go ahead and keep turning potential new players away.

At the end of the day, our feedback would contribute only a small fraction for the game development. If NQ don't have money to make new features, all the best, most constructive feedback/ideas will not save them.  

In very many of my previous posts I have described the view from the paying customers. Until recently, it was even the case that players could still play after their subscription had expired, which would make me a little suspicious even as a paying customer. Don't get me wrong, this is not about me at all. I'm reflecting this whole view from a customer. To put it mildly, I would feel like a fool if I had a 1-year subscription and the other person could only continue playing after a 1-month subscription.

Why have so many old players quit? Especially since they were backers / supporters who didn't even have to pay for the beta. At the latest when another developer studio takes your company as an example of how NOT to do it, I would rethink my strategy. 

Seeing past your unqualified statements, I'll casually mention once without breaking the NDA that I've been in Alpha Team Vanguard (ATV) since 2017. 

Maybe you should look up what ATV means again. We have jumped from the original ~600k euros that were funded to 20 million. There has been no lack of time and money in recent years. I would rather call it mismanagement.

The stories, in terms of actions, decisions, lack of communication and the points I have listed above all speak their own story.

I am only the messenger. I just make sure that all this is not forgotten. Even if people will hear it several times. You are free to ignore me at any time.  Just as customers and new players should be left to weigh up for themselves whether they should buy into Beta under these conditions or not. And I think it's only right not to do this with rose-coloured glasses.

And it is not helpful when people try to silence others.

5 hours ago, Yamamoto said:

Yes mate, we've heard this story on a thousand different posts already. Most of us have invested a lot of time in this game, so what ? If you want this game to progress, spamming the same thing a million times will not change something, if the devs have enough money, the game will progress, simple as that.

eh, it's not that simple though...not for any dev project. 

You could give NQ another $30 million and it could still fail. 

there's many reasons for this :

• a larger dev team doesn't mean more output -- more money doesn't mean more development
  • more money doesn't mean strong leadership or strong design
  • more money doesn't erase the last six years of code
  • more money doesn't mean leadership will listen to the talent they do hire

Projects don't become easier as they get older, they get more difficult. Having more time or money doesn't ever guarantee success. 

beyond the facts of development...it isn't our job to fundraise for NQ -- they are the ones that decided to launch a paid beta and wanted feedback from the players. Not our job to be concerned with player numbers, its our job to provide feedback. 

Has this feedback turned into a major crap festival?

Sure, I'll admit that. But...that doesn't just happen because people are bored, it happens for good reasons...like having to discuss market clutter 300,000 times or wondering (still in 6+ months of paid beta) exactly how PvP is going to work. 

7 hours ago, SirJohn85 said:

Until recently, it was even the case that players could still play after their subscription had expired, which would make me a little suspicious even as a paying customer. Don't get me wrong, this is not about me at all. I'm reflecting this whole view from a customer. To put it mildly, I would feel like a fool if I had a 1-year subscription and the other person could only continue playing after a 1-month subscription.

Not wanting to derail an excellent rant thread and point out a pertinent comment or anything, but has the lapsed account access finally been fixed?

I found that particular bug / outright mismanagement rather concerning. 

8 hours ago, Yamamoto said:

unfortunately due to 10 people spamming all the threads in the forums and crying about how DU sucks in their opinion and repeating the same thing over and over. Like you said, this is extremely bad for new players who are interested in the game. 

But are we(the 10 ppl) right?

If we were to say "its a great game" would it solve any significant part of the problem? 

Are there no youtube reviews saying "the game is great, just be mindfull of the 'toxic' members"? 

If there are, i would like a link to watch. 

8 hours ago, SirJohn85 said:

In very many of my previous posts I have described the view from the paying customers. Until recently, it was even the case that players could still play after their subscription had expired, which would make me a little suspicious even as a paying customer. Don't get me wrong, this is not about me at all. I'm reflecting this whole view from a customer. To put it mildly, I would feel like a fool if I had a 1-year subscription and the other person could only continue playing after a 1-month subscription.

Why have so many old players quit? Especially since they were backers / supporters who didn't even have to pay for the beta. At the latest when another developer studio takes your company as an example of how NOT to do it, I would rethink my strategy. 

Seeing past your unqualified statements, I'll casually mention once without breaking the NDA that I've been in Alpha Team Vanguard (ATV) since 2017. 

Maybe you should look up what ATV means again. We have jumped from the original ~600k euros that were funded to 20 million. There has been no lack of time and money in recent years. I would rather call it mismanagement.

The stories, in terms of actions, decisions, lack of communication and the points I have listed above all speak their own story.

I am only the messenger. I just make sure that all this is not forgotten. Even if people will hear it several times. You are free to ignore me at any time.  Just as customers and new players should be left to weigh up for themselves whether they should buy into Beta under these conditions or not. And I think it's only right not to do this with rose-coloured glasses.

And it is not helpful when people try to silence others.

I backed the game from the start, played in the majority of the Alpha tests, that's not the point. They did raise 20+ Million, however for a 50+ people studio, this won't last you long at all. If they had enough money, they would keep the game in Alpha, until there were more features developed and the server stability was better, but I digress. The whole point of my argument is that there is no benefit of ranting how the game is bad/dead, when it has been said many times before, this just breeds toxicity.

I said that everyone is free to speak their mind, it's just sad to see how the community has degraded over time. 

Also, it's obvious that NQ want more people to keep playing the game, even if they don't have an active sub right now, since the player base is smaller than ever. It's a difficult situation to handle but I guess that's another topic.

3 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

Not wanting to derail an excellent rant thread and point out a pertinent comment or anything, but has the lapsed account access finally been fixed?

I found that particular bug / outright mismanagement rather concerning. 

Honestly? I don't know. Even if it was only a day or a month and the rest of the players were not compensated so that there was no displeasure or feeling of injustice, this should at least have been communicated in the forum or other channels. What remains is a bitter taste in this story. It doesn't affect me personally, but it's still just bitter to see. 

1 hour ago, Yamamoto said:

I backed the game from the start, played in the majority of the Alpha tests, that's not the point. They did raise 20+ Million, however for a 50+ people studio, this won't last you long at all. If they had enough money, they would keep the game in Alpha, until there were more features developed and the server stability was better, but I digress. The whole point of my argument is that there is no benefit of ranting how the game is bad/dead, when it has been said many times before, this just breeds toxicity.

I said that everyone is free to speak their mind, it's just sad to see how the community has degraded over time. 

Also, it's obvious that NQ want more people to keep playing the game, even if they don't have an active sub right now, since the player base is smaller than ever. It's a difficult situation to handle but I guess that's another topic.

I know what you mean, we are both from the same time. You can even go to the KS and see who was all on board back then. And there were only 25 people at NQ. 

I realise that it's frustrating for everyone. At the end of the day, as @ShippyLongstalking put it very well, I am a customer, not someone who is supposed to do someone else's job here. (For free,... whereas no, I'm still paying to solve their problems! :D)

But I am also aware that there are people in NQ who really put their heart and soul into it. Their work should also be appreciated. NQ has to face a lot of questions and all-round attacks for which they themselves are responsible. I can't do more than say what I want.

That's why I have a hard time when I read a post like op's. A guy who was away for a few months/years and didn't follow the development (game, communication between players and company, community) and is delusionally spouting statements without having dealt with the topic and that we all need more Jesus in our lives. For me this is not a fruitful basis to work on the problem, but goes into the same notch as a troll. 

I can only copy the suggestion here that I already posted elsewhere:

If it were up to me, I would pull off a FF14 reborn move and save the face:

- Post that you've screwed up and apologise.
- Stop all interstellar planet activity and put people on Alioth. (Maybe add the Sancturary moon for the creative, safe streak) And then develop all the features of the game. The limited space on the planet would ensure that you have to work together.
- Then expand the planets

The world as such is too big for the current player base. And it doesn't look like the game will be convincing in the long term with its content in its current state. 

I tried this game with friends - none of them play anymore. And that's an argument you hear quite often about the player base. And that's exactly what needs to be worked on: That players come online because they love the game. And not because there is a welfare check that ends up only being used as a statistic for NQ because the monthly user activity goes up, even if not many of them "play" for longer than 15 minutes.

On 3/15/2021 at 10:45 AM, Yamamoto said:

Honestly, this community was great in alpha, a lot of people with good and constructive criticism. After beta, it became too toxic, unfortunately due to 10 people spamming all the threads in the forums and crying about how DU sucks in their opinion and repeating the same thing over and over. Like you said, this is extremely bad for new players who are interested in the game. 

All the people spamming the forums just get their dose of dopamine when someone likes their post/comment, since they don't have anything better to do in their life. It's saddening to see an awesome game fail due to the toxicity of a small number of nolifers, but at the end of the day, it is what it is. If you really support the game and want it to succeed, play it, bring some friends with you, have a nice time, don't spam the forums with unnecessary negativity, like 80% of the people here.

I will keep playing the game and pay my 2 subs every month to support the development as much as I can. At this point, this is all we can do if we want a good future for DU.

You're saying the community magically changed when beta hit? How is that possible? After beta, it became too toxic... well... I do eat seeds as a pastime activity but... what actually changed is NQ communication, not the community. Alpha had at least a modicum amount of feedback and communication between NQ and community. That disappeared after beta dropped. Someone at NQ, likely at the tippity-top, decided it was a brilliant idea to push out patch .23 despite pages and pages of ATV feedback saying this is the wrong move. NQ goes silent. Tidbits of communication are vague. For some weird reason they decide to create public testing server and scarp ATV completely.. Imagine a game that is a beta which is actually an alpha with a test server and a live server... there are more ironies there than in a wet paper bag I'm sure. The community hasn't changed. NQ has. Naunet left. Game designer left. Stephane D'Astous left... there's actually quite a list of people who have left... all within the last few months, latter end of 2020. NQ never talks about what's actually going on in the company, they only make vague statements and brace for impact when they could just be clear as to wtf is actually going on. But no... "everything's fine". Game is heading in the "right direction". Meanwhile the community gets screwed over again and again. Yeah.. it's the community that has changed. Clearly.

I am new to the game.

I saw some videos on youtube berfore, read this forum (with all the hates after the patch) and decided to check out the game and payed for 3 month.

Now after 7 days i clearly see this game is beta in the very early phase... it is playable, content for many hours inside, alot to learn and a great community mostly respectful.

From my side i can say: this game needs a wipe. A fresh start after the change. It would show clearly the iron core of the community and who understood that this isn't the released version of a game.

Fresh start after EACH bigger update with new mechanics or change of old ones. The developer get a better understanding and focus on the problems with it and a fresh start is also good for new players. I, as a new player, get slayed by the dimensions of some structures, freightend how much ships/vehicles laying arround like dead bodys and that everyone can build into the landing zones, i can't believe this was in mind of the developers.

The game is missing rules, badly. In some zones it shouldn't be possible to build structures, landing and parking zones blocking should end up in move to a legal zone...

And people needs to understand that this game isn't finish. I payed to be a part of this process, not to be a troll, thinking i can do better...

How it would be possible to do better ?

1. Let's be respectful to each other

2. Take a break, take a kitcat if things go wrong and let the devs do their work. Read point 1.

3. The devs should communicate more with the community. Respectful talks should be possible at any time.

4. Bring in your ideas and concepts. The devs loves brilliant ideas to make the game more interesting, but you need to understand: not all is possible and some need alot of time. Chill and wait.

5. The most important for a good feeling for everyone is: Point 1

Such projects needs time and ideas and !! alot of coffee. Coffee is important to keep your brain running and if you calculate just one programmer needs 2 coffee per hour, this are 5280 coffees, sugar, milk, cookies, sandwiches, .... alot of MONEY ! if i pay 80 Euros a year and help finding bugs, i can't pay one of them alone. And to make sure they not drinking the bad stuff, i calculate the price of a Starbucks coffee, cause this guys are Stars for me. I guess you got my point.

You all need to give them whats they deserve and that is: Ivan is serve the coffee, SirJohn85 does the brain massage, Yamamoto serves the food, GraXXor brings the cigars, and everyone else make feel them comfortable in all ways ?

Everyone who feels frustrated, should also be able to speak about it and others should read it with respect, bring him/her coffee, cigars, massage ... not every day is a pink unicorn day !

Peace

Homer from germany

4 hours ago, HomerGAdams said:

I am new to the game.

I saw some videos on youtube berfore, read this forum (with all the hates after the patch) and decided to check out the game and payed for 3 month.

Now after 7 days i clearly see this game is beta in the very early phase... it is playable, content for many hours inside, alot to learn and a great community mostly respectful.

From my side i can say: this game needs a wipe. A fresh start after the change. It would show clearly the iron core of the community and who understood that this isn't the released version of a game.

Fresh start after EACH bigger update with new mechanics or change of old ones. The developer get a better understanding and focus on the problems with it and a fresh start is also good for new players. I, as a new player, get slayed by the dimensions of some structures, freightend how much ships/vehicles laying arround like dead bodys and that everyone can build into the landing zones, i can't believe this was in mind of the developers.

The game is missing rules, badly. In some zones it shouldn't be possible to build structures, landing and parking zones blocking should end up in move to a legal zone...

And people needs to understand that this game isn't finish. I payed to be a part of this process, not to be a troll, thinking i can do better...

How it would be possible to do better ?

1. Let's be respectful to each other

2. Take a break, take a kitcat if things go wrong and let the devs do their work. Read point 1.

3. The devs should communicate more with the community. Respectful talks should be possible at any time.

4. Bring in your ideas and concepts. The devs loves brilliant ideas to make the game more interesting, but you need to understand: not all is possible and some need alot of time. Chill and wait.

5. The most important for a good feeling for everyone is: Point 1

Such projects needs time and ideas and !! alot of coffee. Coffee is important to keep your brain running and if you calculate just one programmer needs 2 coffee per hour, this are 5280 coffees, sugar, milk, cookies, sandwiches, .... alot of MONEY ! if i pay 80 Euros a year and help finding bugs, i can't pay one of them alone. And to make sure they not drinking the bad stuff, i calculate the price of a Starbucks coffee, cause this guys are Stars for me. I guess you got my point.

You all need to give them whats they deserve and that is: Ivan is serve the coffee, SirJohn85 does the brain massage, Yamamoto serves the food, GraXXor brings the cigars, and everyone else make feel them comfortable in all ways ?

Everyone who feels frustrated, should also be able to speak about it and others should read it with respect, bring him/her coffee, cigars, massage ... not every day is a pink unicorn day !

Peace

Homer from germany

Another reset after promising not to.. I can see where you're coming from. but that would probably leave just you and a dozen new players still standing.

I like this game, but not enough to suffer a third complete restart.

No way I'm restarting from scratch... Not after putting so much effort into building and mining so much... after being promised no restart. That would be it for me. Gone.

We were promised no more restarts. Full stop.

If I had to restart with no magic blueprints I predict a LOT of people would ragequit.

As we know from Battlestar Galactica even if things are restarted,  all that has happened before will happen again.

But far more pertinently, a restart would not reboot JC.

2 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

But far more pertinently, a restart would not reboot JC.

For sure... for one, a complete wipe has too much cost for existing player base partly because everything just takes too long. And then... it's not like anything will change given 2 months..  :) 

If they make it so I have to mine less so I can build more and ALSO wipe the server so we all start on an even playing field, I "might" consider trying this game again.  

And that's no small thing for me, I have about 12 cores up across two planets full of buildings and landing pads, ships and runways.  But as it is now, no way I'm going to spend 90% of my game time mining anymore in an economy that is ridden with players who took advantage of so many exploits.  My org is a business and we got screwed because we weren't online for any of the shenanigans that screwed the economy up and gave out almost free schematics to competitors. We're at a severe disadvantage through no fault of our own I'm not mining for a year just to catch up to them (if its even possible now). 

12 hours ago, Musclethorpe said:

Except we weren't. JC specifically said multiple times they reserved the right to wipe. He said it was very unlikely, but always reserved the right to do it.

10 hours ago, Dhara said:

If they make it so I have to mine less so I can build more and ALSO wipe the server so we all start on an even playing field, I "might" consider trying this game again.  

And that's no small thing for me, I have about 12 cores up across two planets full of buildings and landing pads, ships and runways.  But as it is now, no way I'm going to spend 90% of my game time mining anymore in an economy that is ridden with players who took advantage of so many exploits.  My org is a business and we got screwed because we weren't online for any of the shenanigans that screwed the economy up and gave out almost free schematics to competitors. We're at a severe disadvantage through no fault of our own I'm not mining for a year just to catch up to them (if its even possible now). 

Dhara, your telling exactly that what we are indeed all telling And facing. I cannot wonder to think maybe the whole thing was deliberate to kill off all veterans who invested so much time and cash into DU. What other reason would there be to do this and not even make an attempt to fix it.

Doing Nothing showed enough reasons for any serious player why Not to invest Any time in DU, and they all left. Its clear to me that some players have more rights then others and its clear that the developers have no tools to clean up accidents or close exploids and actually ban players that broke the eula or tos

7 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

Dhara, your telling exactly that what we are indeed all telling And facing. I cannot wonder to think maybe the whole thing was deliberate to kill off all veterans who invested so much time and cash into DU. What other reason would there be to do this and not even make an attempt to fix it.

Yes it does make one think.  I really do feel their message to me is basically that it doesn't matter how much time and energy I gave with my promoting them all I could, my feedback and suggestions, my bug testing, atv focus groups, building an org and getting a business started in game, helping new players, the website I made, the discord I manage...or anything else I've contributed these past 3+ years.  

Don't mean to rant, but I really do feel that way sometimes.  I know it's a game and in the scheme of things, its a little thing.  I must have just gone insane.  Idk.?‍♀️

I, too am not in ATV nor do I know anyone who is, so do not get advance warning regarding exploitable bugs coming down the line... I don't like the word exploits (tho I use it from time to time) because the word exploit is just shifting the blame for a bug onto to the end users.

Look at the latest major patch notes... 

fixed bug.. 

fixed bug..

fixed exploit on hover engines...

(No you didnt, you just fixed another bug that was exploitable)

semantics? sure but just like the word issue used instead of problem, it's designed to shift blame and obfuscate the truth.

aaanyway... where was I? Ah yes... schematics at 99% discount.

Them not winding back the schematics or alternatively not offering some schematics to everyone for a short period really made me feel sorry for the industrialists who never got in on the action.

Those industrialists are one of the cornerstones of DU civilization, and to treat them like that (more like outright ignore them) was really a kick in the teeth.

The thing that made this sting more is that schematics were already potentially the most contentious aspect of the game... and to allow some people to effectively all but completely ignore that incredible road-block that had just thrown in front of the industrialists to kneecap them was extremely harmful, and IMO exacerbated the exodus after 0.23...