[Suggestion] Introduce a new mining talent for ore tiers

Holylifton

A lot of bitching about orgs scanning moons and huge swaths of planets and then sending large groups of players out to gather all the T3/4/5 nodes. This is a serious problem. For example, I haven't found an Ilmenite node on Lacobus in over four months and I mine and scan A LOT. Here's a way to slow that down. Introduce a talent for mining different tiers of ores. With no talent points invested in the various tiers, you can't detect them with either the nano detector or the territory scanner. If you do happen to come across node of ore and you don't have the appropriate talent for that tier, you can't mine the node.

With zero talents invested in this tree, you can only gather from the surface.
With L1, you can scan/mine T1 ore.
With L2, you can scan/mine T2 ore.
With L3, you can scan/mine T3 ore.
With L4, you can scan/mine T4 ore.
With L5, you can scan/mine T5 ore.

This method will make player decide how serious they are about mining and leave the high tier ores to the only the invested players.

12 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Why dont we create a mechanism to detect if players are experiencing any amount of joy.

I like this

18 minutes ago, Holylifton said:

This method will make player decide how serious they are about mining and leave the high tier ores to the only the invested players.

So people who usually go mining t5, likely already with skills, now have to learn another skill. That will stop them from taking your ore away, I am sure. It will also respawn the nodes you did not mine.

I'm not sure where the resistance to the idea is coming from. I can't think of an MMO where a brand spanking new player can go out and gather the highest tier mats on day one. There is always a grind. The difference with this game is the mats don't respawn. The absence of this type of restriction has depleted the availability of high tier ores because of the resons in my original post and we're only 6 months months after beta launch. What do you think things will look like in one/two/three years from now?

2 hours ago, Holylifton said:

What do you think things will look like in one/two/three years from now?

I one 1/2/3 months form now I think we will have mostly forgotten about all of this.  So don't let it get to you and just look beyond this idea. 

The only important thing from DU is the connections you have made while you were here.  Fortify them and move beyond the game itself.  Because while the connections are real to the people you met, the game doesnt exist, never has and very likely never will.  It was always just a collection of ones and zeros imprinted in magnetism, and before you know it....it won't even be that.

It is almost time to let go,  you will be ok.  There's always another beta. 

-Always.