Disappointed NQ lack of help in fixing our City

Honvik

Whilst I know I'll have some replies that this is not a priority they can be for some including our Org.  We thought we were moving forward with NQ asking us to provide locations and owners of car in the territory we own as an org to be abruptly advised it is not possible.

We are trying to resolve, expand our player run city on Ailoth for our Org 'Empire' but sadly there are a number of cores owned by people long left the game blocking path's, blocking development in a few key locations so we reached out to NQ to help with assistance.  We of course have learnt our mistakes going 'forward' so will give rights for people to build but core owned by the Org so this stops this situation going forward, however we cannot fix the rest without NQ's help.

All that we are asking is NQ come back to the table and actually help people who play your game and are here to improve the offering to players.  Of course some of us even thought 'lets all send tickets in' but that would clog your system up would it not?

Hopefully this can be resolved and we can get back to building and settling fantastic new structures and also getting some new players into building too!

Thank you

In short, and I already knew this.

Building a city under the current layout of DU is not possible, Both the rdms system as the clutter system where you cannot throw constructs of your land is not helping.

Also by using only org cores its not possible as the rdms on the org cores is more often corrupt or not working then going perfect.

In the end i was able to build a very small scale cityblock as example only to find that with 0.23 all my townspeople left. So now i have an empty city block with 2 huge buildings in close range, few shops and a market but all totally deserted.

55 minutes ago, Aaron Cain said:

Building a city under the current layout of DU is not possible, Both the rdms system as the clutter system where you cannot throw constructs of your land is not helping.

Also by using only org cores its not possible as the rdms on the org cores is more often corrupt or not working then going perfect.

In the end i was able to build a very small scale cityblock as example only to find that with 0.23 all my townspeople left. So now i have an empty city block with 2 huge buildings in close range, few shops and a market but all totally deserted.

This is exactly the issue sadly.  Hex owner needs somewhat more control but then again look at some of the markets for redundant constructs too lagging everything else up!

2 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

Sorry, our org moved to Madis...

I stuck it out on our tile next to yours for a few more months and continued to develop the area but got bored playing alone... sometimes entire weeks would pass and I would not see anyone.
Madis is slightly less deserted than Sanctuary.

This is  a six hex area.... Just on the corner of the sharp kink in the road -centre frame- is Madis Market Place 3... It looks absolutely tiny compared to what we're building... It's fun when multiple orgs get together, share resources and collaborate... almost feels civilised. ?

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

The thing is, we are hemmed in by hexes belonging to former colleagues of our orgs who have completely and explicitly left the game...  (you can see those feeble little buildings on the edges of the screenshot...) and there are absolutely no mechanics by which we can gain access to those areas.

Ironicly... some of Minecraft fan-made plugins for managing territory gameplay done endlessly better job in actual runnin of city/clan/nation (or other complex public entities) then clumsy abomination of NQ RDMS for "civilization building MMO".

They were so easy and intuitive, that I seen even 9-10 yo kids were able to effectivly handle them on basic level after some figuring out.

Just check it this out for comparison:

https://github.com/TownyAdvanced/Towny/wiki/How-Towny-Works

1 hour ago, Daphne Jones said:

Hmmm... what I really think of NQ in this would get me banned for sure, so I'll leave it at SNAFU and say NQ, fix our damned city!

i doubt it. people have said some utterly rotten things to each other without moderation despite plentiful reports. If they ban you for slamming NQ that'd be a petty, sad double-standard. 

If you think NQ's players see this as a sinking ship, I'm sure NQ's employees feel that too -- they don't give two shits...i'm sure some are waiting to see if the thing can be saved with the next update or maybe two, but otherwise waiting to be laid off because that's better than quitting (not sure how it works in Canada/France, but that's how it works in the US) 

NQ's website: 

Voxel-based, fully editable universe.

Create entire cities, giant space stations, massive warships,

underground bunkers or… flying cars!

now every single bullet on their homepage is a lie or exaggeration except "no character class" -- which is a pointless claim because skills raise based on how long you sub, not based on anything you do in the game. 

multiple people have complained about issues with large-scale developments, from persistently missing voxels to RDMS issues -- and beyond that, a complete lack of support. They expect us to pay for a monthly sub but won't touch your tickets for 10+ days...riiight. 

1 hour ago, GraXXoR said:

The thing is, we are hemmed in by hexes belonging to former colleagues of our orgs who have completely and explicitly left the game...  (you can see those feeble little buildings on the edges of the screenshot...) and there are absolutely no mechanics by which we can gain access to those areas.

i don't get how they imagined this game would play in 2 years or if they did get "millions" of players.

these ghost hexes have become a symbol of the game's lack of progress -- a bunch of half-finished structures and permanently empty hexes. I say "permanently empty" because territory war is a myth not an inevitability. ?‍♂️

6 minutes ago, ShippyLongstalking said:

i doubt it. people have said some utterly rotten things to each other without moderation despite plentiful reports. If they ban you for slamming NQ that'd be a petty, sad double-standard. 

Because NQ never moderates by double standard? Riiiight.

2 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

This is  a six hex area.... Just on the corner of the sharp kink in the road -centre frame- is Madis Market Place 3... It looks absolutely tiny compared to what we're building... It's fun when multiple orgs get together, share resources and collaborate... almost feels civilised. ?

Yea it was really coming together around Market 3.  I was amazed at what our city builders at MTI and the great guys over at NovaX around Market 3 were doing and how it was coming together.  You probably would not believe how much resources we dumped into the project and set aside for future usage.

But, tumbleweeds lately.  The blame for this falls solely on NQ, period.  I really hope they can pull out of this, but its a shallow well of hope.

Simple fix...

Any dynamic core left in a market or unclaimed tile for longer than 30days with no active subscription should go up for grabs.  

Any static core on claimed land should go up for grabs after 90days of no active sub.  

Simple.

27 minutes ago, LouHodo said:

Simple fix...

Any dynamic core left in a market or unclaimed tile for longer than 30days with no active subscription should go up for grabs.  

Any static core on claimed land should go up for grabs after 90days of no active sub.  

Simple.

Or compacted into players Inventory would be fine really.  Other games do similar they put it into an Escrow (that have player Cities).

2 hours ago, Honvik said:

Or compacted into players Inventory would be fine really.  Other games do similar they put it into an Escrow (that have player Cities).

And other sandbox MMOs let their stuff sit in decay if they don't pay their token fees for the land ownership in game.  Wurm Online.

Ow really, when many people said invest in pvp otherwise people will get bored and leave "builders" were against it. Saying they are having fun building another city for no reason (there is no reason for cites atm)

Now when the theme park boredom dies and 90% of the population left builders cry.

NQ to invest time because you did not think that someone could leave the game and you will have no access is definitely higher priority than making RoF skills work or dead cores stop so they can be captured right?

We should even have an update about how trees and rocks look in a space game. That will definitely make people play it.

6 hours ago, Daphne Jones said:

Hmmm... what I really think of NQ in this would get me banned for sure, so I'll leave it at SNAFU and say NQ, fix our damned city!

Ey! First they need to fix our city! I'm waiting 6 months now! Hyperion City is freezed since six months. <.< I'm in regulary in contact with NQ with that topic. Like each month.. still no fix or help.. I said "Oke, when you dont disable the Right.. Can you place me the cores?". Ofc they didnt.

Edit: I understand that we need the overlap protection in space. But not when I'm owning the tile.

Yeah, I mean a L-core with an actual building area of 128x128m can even block other cores more than 300m away.

Even if you are the tileowner you can't do anything if just one inactive player of the org placed his core there months ago.

Even if you are the tileowner...
... you cannot remove the core of an inactive player

... you cannot deactivate the overlap protection

... even you as the owner are fucked up by the overlap protection

The only "workaround" (to completely deactivate the overlap protection for every single core) is ab buggy mess. And EVERY player with a core there has to be active to set the policy, or this does not work at all. And even if he sets the policy correctly in about 10-20% it still does not work. And even if it works more or less, you are still blocked quite often because it needs sometimes up to 30min to load all the policies from the cores that are "nearby" (in a 350m radius).
And if the only way to work with this, is to completely disable the overlap protection - this feature has no use at all (in space yes, but not on ground).

Just 4 M-cores of inactive players are blocking nearly 2/3 of our current city area (3 Tiles) for already 6 months!

1 hour ago, XKentX said:

Ow really, when many people said invest in pvp otherwise people will get bored and leave "builders" were against it. Saying they are having fun building another city for no reason (there is no reason for cites atm)

Now when the theme park boredom dies and 90% of the population left builders cry.

NQ to invest time because you did not think that someone could leave the game and you will have no access is definitely higher priority than making RoF skills work or dead cores stop so they can be captured right?

We should even have an update about how trees and rocks look in a space game. That will definitely make people play it.

Tree's and rocks, thats 0.24 ugh.........

Cannot wait for improvements for PVP!

Honvik

Empire Minister

4 hours ago, LouHodo said:

Simple fix...

Simple.

There have been countless simple fixes posted on here for literally years. NQ night as well be o e of the Absent players for all the activity we see from them.

I've sent the list of possible solutions/ workarounds to NQ ~3 months ago. Still no reaction...

I mean every single one of this solutions would solve the issue more or less so we can handle it. They just have to pick the easiest one.

OverlapProtection_in_a_nutshell.thumb.png.72571f5e26de2caa2e29bdc140e1cd32.png

1 hour ago, XKentX said:

You honestly think that not having PVP is why the builders left....

bwahahahahah...

there were many reasons why our org members went into hibernation but PVP was not first, second or even third on the list of reasons. 

You’re like a broken record mate, or like the one trick pony who always tries to make the discussion about yourself and your favourite stained rag. 

not everything revolves around you and your desire to live out some empowerment fantasy story at others’ expense. 

Speaking for myself, I stopped playing/building because NQ removed my ability to enjoy most types of creative processes in the game. And frankly, the mining was seriously starting to effect my mental health..

On 3/9/2021 at 12:52 AM, GraXXoR said:

You honestly think that not having PVP is why the builders left....

bwahahahahah...

there were many reasons why our org members went into hibernation but PVP was not first, second or even third on the list of reasons. 

I think the overall experience is the problem. As you've said, there are many reasons, not just one or two. Eventually these reasons make one or two people leave, then another wave of five leave because those one or two left (and they also about had it with the multiple problems they faced), eventually it just cascades into droves of people leaving...

I personally don't see myself quitting the game outright. And, so long as they don't shut the game down, I'll even pay for a subscription after beta is over, most likely. I can just mine bitcoin for 2 days on my PC and afford the subscription, lol.

If anyone was wondering,  I'm a designer in the game. I do design work for interiors. That's what I primarily do, so my views on this are purely from that standpoint. I don't mine much, if at all, because I don't need to. Most of the resources I need are either with me already or provided since I'm apart of an org and the only dedicated interior designer.

Edited by EasternGamer
"Mining" was ambiguous, meant bitcoin mining.