CREATIVE PROTESTING: Build....don't BITCH! You have a building game, build CREATIVE PROTESTS instead of complaining.

DrFrigoPorco

So all I've seen is people bitching in forums, bitching in Discord...about the status of the game....and hey, if you're not having fun, bitching about stuff is not very useful, so......use your 'IMAGINATION'!!! You have a building game, where you can build anything you want....so build a giant middle finger L core ship if you're mad, huge tile sized billboards, giant ass to moon the planet with, get creative! This can all be done in game, and you can have fun doing it, instead of bitching.GO BUILD SOMETHING....and express yourself. Remember you have Reddit, Twitter, Forums, Discord....all to post screens of your 'PROTEST' so go get creative, because the bitching is monotonous and boring!

Sincerely, 

President Porco 

16 minutes ago, FrigoPorco said:

So all I've seen is people bitching in forums, bitching in Discord...about the status of the game....and hey, if you're not having fun, bitching about stuff is not very useful, so......use your 'IMAGINATION'!!! You have a building game, where you can build anything you want....so build a giant middle finger L core ship if you're mad, huge tile sized billboards, giant ass to moon the planet with, get creative! This can all be done in game, and you can have fun doing it, instead of bitching.GO BUILD SOMETHING....and express yourself. Remember you have Reddit, Twitter, Forums, Discord....all to post screens of your 'PROTEST' so go get creative, because the bitching is monotonous and boring!

Sincerely, 

President Porco 

I see no reason to keep any numbers artificially high. The people who see my memes don't play anymore.

So why put energy into something that doesn't matter in the end?

Edit:

I uploaded my memes from 2019 after it was announced that AvA was postponed indefinitely post-release. 

https://imgur.com/a/uVOYJT0

Most builders left after 0.23. :D, another group left after schematics exploit

rest will leave when containers are nerfed.

Bring me back my miners and industry and i will build again, still got a city, a DUkea a warehouse and a huge complex to finish.

ooh, and a space city

I like your thinking Mr President.

The one problem right now is that the limited communication from NQ about the state of affairs is now alienating even the building community. There is very little motivation to put energy into building when the chance of the server dying forever seems a realistic possibility. 

Since this is the only 'voxel' game in town, this will not go away anytime soon. They have no competition, so they are fine. Other games in alpha are either not ready yet, or they are not true voxel builders, which is what people seem to love this game for. 

5 hours ago, Burble said:

I like your thinking Mr President.

The one problem right now is that the limited communication from NQ about the state of affairs is now alienating even the building community. There is very little motivation to put energy into building when the chance of the server dying forever seems a realistic possibility. 

build because you like it, because you are having fun....Landmark ended on us, and we had fun until the last second, and we can go back to Twitter and see all the shenanigans we pulled there...same with this. Just have fun man! 

4 minutes ago, FrigoPorco said:

build because you like it, because you are having fun....Landmark ended on us, and we had fun until the last second, and we can go back to Twitter and see all the shenanigans we pulled there...same with this. Just have fun man! 

Sometimes we got angry

B9mCLdWIAAA3vA9?format=png&name=large

Sometimes we got a little sentimental.

B9tveWjCcAASVRk?format=png&name=large

I wonder sometimes if we as a community, or just me, could have somehow done more, to show the money people, what an incredible game Landmark was.  If maybe we had done more they would have gotten it.  I dunno.

I wish everyone here would try to keep in mind, that this is a completely unproven idea.  The sure shot would have been to make a fortenite clone in space.  Maybe a zombie shooter battle royal ?

It's up to us to help prove that this is a good idea.  And picking it apart while it's half finished and shitting all over it, isn't helping.

I think the bad decisions that NQ makes, are due to a lack of faith in the project, by the marketing and money people.  Apparently their job is to sell the game to anyone and everyone as fast as possible, whether they like it or not.  And it's up to the devs to somehow catch up, if they can.

I guess the question is, do we want to help, or just throw shit from the sidelines and point out the obvious mistakes.

4 minutes ago, Atmosph3rik said:

Sometimes we got angry

B9mCLdWIAAA3vA9?format=png&name=large

Sometimes we got a little sentimental.

B9tveWjCcAASVRk?format=png&name=large

I wonder sometimes if we as a community, or just me, could have somehow done more, to show the money people, what an incredible game Landmark was.  If maybe we had done more they would have gotten it.  I dunno.

I wish everyone here would try to keep in mind, that this is a completely unproven idea.  The sure shot would have been to make a fortenite clone in space.  Maybe a zombie shooter battle royal ?

It's up to us to help prove that this is a good idea.  And picking it apart while it's half finished and shitting all over it, isn't helping.

I think the bad decisions that NQ makes, are due to a lack of faith in the project, by the marketing and money people.  Apparently their job is to sell the game to anyone and everyone as fast as possible, whether they like it or not.  And it's up to the devs to somehow catch up, if they can.

I guess the question is, do we want to help, or just throw shit from the sidelines and point out the obvious mistakes.

well said old friend....

Last in game protest I can remember actively participating was the dragon tamer protest in UO.  It was after a giant nerf hammer was dropped and they took away the taming of a few critters (pvpers kept getting wrecked when they attacked a handful of tamers in the wild) so they made tamed white wyrms get nerfed when tamed and other stuff.   So we led a whole bunch of critters to the Brittania city bank, brought the server to a stand still from all the critters.  Eventually some GM had enough and summoned guard npc's to lay waste to every critter in the area and that was that.

I think the big problem with protesting in DU right now is......who would see it?

5 minutes ago, Revelcro said:

Last in game protest I can remember actively participating was the dragon tamer protest in UO.  It was after a giant nerf hammer was dropped and they took away the taming of a few critters (pvpers kept getting wrecked when they attacked a handful of tamers in the wild) so they made tamed white wyrms get nerfed when tamed and other stuff.   So we led a whole bunch of critters to the Brittania city bank, brought the server to a stand still from all the critters.  Eventually some GM had enough and summoned guard npc's to lay waste to every critter in the area and that was that.

I think the big problem with protesting in DU right now is......who would see it?

everyone who you show it to.... (Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc..)

2 minutes ago, XKentX said:

Constructs with sexual references are not allowed by the rules.

Otherwise Kamasutra would be a child's play compared to DU complaint expression buildings.

ok, so stick to the rules...(probably a good idea)

17 minutes ago, Atmosph3rik said:

Worked in marketing a bit and I have impression its contrary thing -- they likely not to involved with serious decision-making, judging from what I seen.

Like we catched Sesch here and asked about recruit a friend program and he was somewhat lost about it, saying website not in good condition, but this is not priority (?). Lots and lots of other questionable things about marketing (and generaly -- lack of any activity in this regard), that make me kinda doubt that they are evil force responsable for situation. More like 5th wheel.

19 minutes ago, le_souriceau said:

Worked in marketing a bit and I have impression its contrary thing -- they likely not to involved with serious decision-making, judging from what I seen.

Like we catched Sesch here and asked about recruit a friend program and he was somewhat lost about it, saying website not in good condition, but this is not priority (?). Lots and lots of other questionable things about marketing (and generaly -- lack of any activity in this regard), that make me kinda doubt that they are evil force responsable for situation. More like 5th wheel.

It's not that i think they are making decisions for the rest of the game.  Just that they seem to be doing their jobs without consideration for how it affects the future of the game.

They are just doing their jobs.  But i wish someone would tell them to stop, until the thing that they are selling actually exists.

When you dangle a unicorn like this game in front of people, they want it.  And when they can't have it yet, they're mad.

I wish the rest of the game was as incredible and unparalleled as the voxel building, so everyone could enjoy it as much as i do.  But it's not, yet.

23 minutes ago, FrigoPorco said:

what happened? 

Someone at NQ somehow managed to leave the RDMS totally open to everyone at one of the markets.

Players attempted to let NQ know about it, but for some reason NQ wasn't paying attention.

So players decided it would be a good idea to take the market apart.  And post pics bragging about it on reddit.

NQ did not appreciate that, and banned a few people.

Basically the parents weren't paying enough attention to the kids, so the kids found some matches and lit the house on fire.  And got a little more attention then they wanted.

I don't think that was the right way to get NQ's attention.  But i do wish they would pay more attention to us.  Players make up about half of what this game is, and if they aren't paying attention to us, then i don't think they will fully understand their own game.

But burning the house down isn't going to accomplish anything. 

1 hour ago, FrigoPorco said:

what happened? 

How can you be "The President" and not know about that?! You are not worthy of being The President. From now on I am The President.
Guards! Off with his head!

16 minutes ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

How can you be "The President" and not know about that?! You are not worthy of being The President. From now on I am The President.
Guards! Off with his head!

HEY...slow down, I was only elected last month! Don't you read the papers?