DU PVP very SUS

IvanGrozniy

22 hours ago, Lethys said:

Long time ago I measured dl speeds when just standing on alioth, doing nothing. Over the course of 8h du needed 5mb/sec. Constantly. That's 100% of my speed, for standing around. Glorious game indeed! Bring those million of players in please, I'll just laugh my ass off when DU can't even properly simulate 10 ppl

That doesn't happen to me now. When loading a big area like Infinity HQ I download around 100 mbps for a minute or so, then at idle it's around 40 Kbps

4 minutes ago, LouHodo said:

I doubt there is a Lua exploit.  It is just a lot of ships running Lua in the same area.  Perhaps people should run less Lua and get better at doing things themselves.

Or NQ fixes its crap and doesn't restrict a feature that was once so highly touted. 

It can't be that everything collapses when a handful of ships fight each other.

6 minutes ago, SirJohn85 said:

Or NQ fixes its crap and doesn't restrict a feature that was once so highly touted. 

It can't be that everything collapses when a handful of ships fight each other.

It's true.. but I can confirm it is the Lua.  I go near some places in Alioth with a lot of Lua use and I will watch my performance tank.   Same for Talmai.  Anywhere there isn't a lot running I am fine.  

Or of people would turn off Lua that aren't in use.