Extended XL container.

Jinxed

I just found out there are XL containers.. and moreover an extended XL container.
Was that introduced with triangle glass?

The thing is twice as high, long and wide as an XL container...

Why is it so big and heavy though? so inefficient. Just doesn't make any sense at all.  (except if you need 10 of them connected to  a hub !! O_O)

Now all we need are XS space tanks and the game is complete ?

1 minute ago, joaocordeiro said:

Im still waiting for the XL atmo engine and the XL hover

And L wings plz :P

Btw if that XL container is as big as 8 L containers it should holds as much as 8L while being less heavy, can't check for specs atm but it make sense imho, that's how it works for all other elements.

1 hour ago, GraXXoR said:

I just found out there are XL containers.. and moreover an extended XL container.

Why is it so big and heavy though? so inefficient. Just doesn't make any sense at all.  (except if you need 10 of them connected to  a hub !! O_O)

I've used 10 of them in one of my Ship Builds. They are very large.

6 hours ago, Fra119 said:

And L wings plz :P

Btw if that XL container is as big as 8 L containers it should holds as much as 8L while being less heavy, can't check for specs atm but it make sense imho, that's how it works for all other elements.

Unfortunately for XL the mass and volume do not scale in line with capacity. As mentioned in the original post the only good use for them is when you need the extra capacity connected to a single hub. On ships they are generally not worth the extra mass and on static constructs they are less space efficient.

Here's how they scale:

L = Large container
XL container - Capacity: 2*L    Volume: 2.8 * L    Mass: 2.98*L

Expanded XL- Capacity: 4*L    Volume: 5.6 * L    Mass: 5.96*L

9 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

Yea our Logistics Legate mass produces those things and we all hated that they were not as good as they should have been.  They still get used pretty extensively on the bigger cargo ships to get past the element restrictions (its a nasty element wall that makes you pay dearly).  100+ XL-cargo containers will at least let us get 2 frames per second on the large cargo ships.  200+ L-cargo containers on a 30,000kph L core ship....*shudder*, pretty sure we would kill the server.  More than we already do I mean.

They're great for ammo production and for building out of since you can put plenty of items and never need to switch containers. The main reason I wanted them is for deploying huge BPs that 10 L container's simply can't do