Estimated Timeframes?

UKFatGuy77

I've heard a few things about future updates but was wondering if there is any kind of timescale associated with them...

now i'm not wanting solid dates and obviously there could always be problems leading to delays and so forth but without some idea of the time scales involved it kind of hard to plan anything or prepare 'in game'.

If so then 0.24 (which i believe is missions, and org wallets and a few graphics upgrades) which doesn't really take much prep for the player side)

So are we looking at days, weeks, months, months & months or years? Like i said specifics aren't really an issue and any of the suggested options will do.

0.25 (which I believe is territory warfare and automated mining units and the like) again are we talking in days, weeks, months, months & months or years after 0.24?

Obviously this is the biggie and likely to require much more in game prep so its really this aspect I'm most concerned about.

That's all...i don't think i'm asking too much

UKFATGUY

5 minutes ago, SirJohn85 said:

Patch 0.23 came at the beginning of December last year. I just assume that it will probably not be before mid-2021. 

Sounds about right. TBH, I'm not convinced they will ever deploy 0.25. 

They have limited time to prove that DU can actually be finished.

In the half-year since beta, they haven't done any substantial updates, and 0.24 doesn't look to be all that substantial either. I can see it leading to a bump in players if it brings massive stability/performance improvements, but even then i doubt that would be enough to keep players logging in for long.

maybe i'm massively underestimated the appeal of their incomplete missions system and org wallets ?‍♂️

if they do manage to push to 0.25, that will realistically be their final chance to salvage the beta. obviously i don't know NQ's financials -- but scaling back support, having such slow dev, still dealing with the same bugs...none of that points to a game that's scaling up, it points to a game that's winding down. 

7 minutes ago, ShippyLongstalking said:

if they do manage to push to 0.25, that will realistically be their final chance to salvage the beta. obviously i don't know NQ's financials -- but scaling back support, having such slow dev, still dealing with the same bugs...none of that points to a game that's scaling up, it points to a game that's winding down. 

Lets not forget, if you cancel your sub, you can still log in, and have been able to for 2 months or so now.    The fact 0.24 is looking like its not bringing in any pvp content whatsoever does not bode well either.  Everyday that passes im considering resubbing all my accounts on EvE Online.

10 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

I expect:

0.24 in a 3-4 weeks .. no mission in that patch yet, that may come later

next "big patch" end of June, expected to be the PVP revamp

followed by the "TW patch" in September and "release" in December

No missions? Isnt .24 all about missions? :v

There’s a lot of great stuff on the way! You can get the scoop in these Devblogs about new features slated for 024, though some -- like the Mission System that we highlighted in our previous newsletter -- may appear in a later phase of the update. 

See the newsletter: Improving DU with Update 0.24, community contest and more. (campaign-archive.com)

14 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

ah that one...my favorite is the broken link because someone forgot a ":" in the URL. Novean engineering and testing at its finest! ?

so basically the initial rollout is org wallets, jetpack tweaks, and a cone shape. They didn't create the textures themselves, so not giving them credit for buying an asset...

That's 3+ months of work...? was it literally one developer working part time, or is the tech so messy that 75% of dev time is spent refactoring...? or will 0.24 fix every bug in the universe and bring DU to new levels of stability and performance...? 

maybe they are pouring all their effort into PvP and the last two updates are intended to be low effort...?

It seems like a bad strategy if that's the route they are going. By the time they get there, they'll have fewer testers than they did during closed alpha.

1 hour ago, ShippyLongstalking said:

so basically the initial rollout is org wallets, jetpack tweaks, and a cone shape. They didn't create the textures themselves, so not giving them credit for buying an asset...

We don't know that yet.. Personally I would not at all be surprised if NQ has prioritized the creative instance/VR mode, and will announce this sometime in the next two weeks,  as they may think that will draw in many new customers and/or get many to return and resub.

Just guessing here clearly but yeah.. would not at all surprise me.

3 hours ago, ShippyLongstalking said:

Sounds about right. TBH, I'm not convinced they will ever deploy 0.25. 

They have limited time to prove that DU can actually be finished.

In the half-year since beta, they haven't done any substantial updates, and 0.24 doesn't look to be all that substantial either. I can see it leading to a bump in players if it brings massive stability/performance improvements, but even then i doubt that would be enough to keep players logging in for long.

maybe i'm massively underestimated the appeal of their incomplete missions system and org wallets ?‍♂️

It seems to me that many players are put off by the subscription system and the inability to play the game before buying. I think that introducing a free weekend or replacing the subscription to a different payment model could make a difference for the better and increase online.

Until something happens, I am playing and Livestreaming Gothic 3. Feel free to check it out.

P.S.: Gothic 3 is not an MMO and is an RPG from 2006. Also it is a LOOOONG game .... which shows my expectation of when some big changes will come to DU ...

1 hour ago, Musclethorpe said:

There are currently hauling missions on the PTS that will be included in .24. Very basic, take cargo from X market to Y market. 

You left out the part where you have to actually get paid by the person who posted the mission and that everything is done on the honor system.

This can't possibly go wrong.

2 minutes ago, Revelcro said:

You left out the part where you have to actually get paid by the person who posted the mission and that everything is done on the honor system.

This can't possibly go wrong.

There are supposedly NPC missions. To haul made up shit.

4 hours ago, JohnnyTazer said:

And that shit disappears from the economy into the aether never to be seen again... just like the hideous ore bots sucking the economy dry right now.

15 minutes ago, JohnnyTazer said:

Yes, they are there.

9 minutes ago, GraXXoR said:

And that shit diessapears from the economy into the aether never to be seen again... just like the hideous ore bots sucking the economy dry right now.

No, it's not like the ore bots because the cargo itself comes from nothing and then returns to it. If for whatever reason you keep the cargo/open it, you lose your collateral. 

5 hours ago, JohnnyTazer said:

4 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

And that shit disappears from the economy into the aether never to be seen again... just like the hideous ore bots sucking the economy dry right now.

Oh geez, I thought it was just a glorified craigslist system from what I heard from some of the test server players.  But expanding the "NPC's" is a different issue entirely.   Says a lot about the state of the game economy.

13 hours ago, ShippyLongstalking said:

That's 3+ months of work...

Maybe I'm even more "toxic", then others, but I think its not really 3+ month. More, actualy. Considering how very little of new things we got since start of Beta, its almost safe to keep count not from november, but september.