LENI tips of the week: How to create a core blueprint with all handling

Leniver

Hello to everyone,

I decided to make this post so people know how create a core blueprint and being sure that all the handling will be applied.
The handling on a core blueprint is a bit weird, it seems NQ doesn't have test every case.

The blueprint system is separated in 2 different kind of blueprint:

• "Core blueprint": it's a schema that will allow you to create "single time blueprint"
  • "Blueprint": it's a single time use blueprint

How the handling works when placing down a blueprint?
When you create a blueprint from a core blueprint it takes the skill saved on the core blueprint.
If the player that place the ship has higher skill, he will apply the player skills. 
If the player that place the ship has lower skill, he will apply blueprint skills.

How the handling works when creating a core blueprint?

When you create a core blueprint the handling skills are not saved correctly.
If the player that create the core blueprint has any handling skills, the handling is reset (It's the bug!)
If the player that create the core blueprint has no handling skills, the handling skills are saved in the core blueprint.

The tips:
To be sure that the handling skills are saved in the core blueprint you need to have a character without skills.
To make that, thanks to NQ that remove all the skills through VR, you need to use a VR station and create the core blueprint in VR.

Example of setup:

• 1 container
  • 1 Surrogate VR station
  • 1 Surrogate Pod Station

Put down the container, surrogate station and the surrogate pod.
Set a name for the surrogate pod and activate it. (wait ~5 minute that the surrogate pod is registred by NQ)
Use the surrogate station and search for the name you have entered.
Once you are in VR, go in build mod on your construct and create a core blueprint.
Put the core blueprint in the container (so you don't loose it when exiting the VR)
Exit the VR and you are done.

I hope it will help you.

Leniver#4309
https://wheelchair.leniver.ch

(To NQ, if you feel important to fix that bug .... DU it)

Huh. Interesting.

Handling talent resets when creating blueprints was actually a feature, not a bug. IMO they should allow BP creation to save handling. This is an interesting method, will try it out later

I was under the impression that blueprints didn’t save the skills of the creator... but then all the blueprints I put down at the beginning of the Balpha which I brought over from the NDA Alpha had level 5 applied to everything as per the creator. 

other people’s blueprints were skill zero vanilla. 

@Leniver  when you say “if the person has handling they will be reset” do you mean on a skill-by-skill basis or will all skills be reset?

2 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

I was under the impression that blueprints didn’t save the skills of the creator... but then all the blueprints I put down at the beginning of the Balpha which I brought over from the NDA Alpha had level 5 applied to everything as per the creator. 

other people’s blueprints were skill zero vanilla. 

@Leniver  when you say “if the person has handling they will be reset” do you mean on a skill-by-skill basis or will all skills be reset?

Any skills will ruin the bp, you have to create the bp from a core bp while in VR and deploy said bp while in VR as well. @Leniver nice job on the post man. 

13 hours ago, Leniver said:

Hello to everyone,

I decided to make this post so people know how create a core blueprint and being sure that all the handling will be applied.
The handling on a core blueprint is a bit weird, it seems NQ doesn't have test every case.

The blueprint system is separated in 2 different kind of blueprint:

• "Core blueprint": it's a schema that will allow you to create "single time blueprint"
  • "Blueprint": it's a single time use blueprint

How the handling works when placing down a blueprint?
When you create a blueprint from a core blueprint it takes the skill saved on the core blueprint.
If the player that place the ship has higher skill, he will apply the player skills. 
If the player that place the ship has lower skill, he will apply blueprint skills.

How the handling works when creating a core blueprint?

When you create a core blueprint the handling skills are not saved correctly.
If the player that create the core blueprint has any handling skills, the handling is reset (It's the bug!)
If the player that create the core blueprint has no handling skills, the handling skills are saved in the core blueprint.

The tips:
To be sure that the handling skills are saved in the core blueprint you need to have a character without skills.
To make that, thanks to NQ that remove all the skills through VR, you need to use a VR station and create the core blueprint in VR.

Example of setup:

• 1 container
  • 1 Surrogate VR station
  • 1 Surrogate Pod Station

Put down the container, surrogate station and the surrogate pod.
Set a name for the surrogate pod and activate it. (wait ~5 minute that the surrogate pod is registred by NQ)
Use the surrogate station and search for the name you have entered.
Once you are in VR, go in build mod on your construct and create a core blueprint.
Put the core blueprint in the container (so you don't loose it when exiting the VR)
Exit the VR and you are done.

I hope it will help you.

Leniver#4309

(To NQ, if you feel important to fix that bug .... DU it)

10/10 post, thank you

So the question is... is this intended behavior or is this a bug that NQ will label as an exploit?

I vaguely remember NQ saying they removed skills from bloops.

personally, I think it should be a check box. Keep or remove handling skills when creating the blueprint from the core bloop and the creator the option of creating vanilla ships or “premium” ships. 

13 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

So the question is... is this intended behavior or is this a bug that NQ will label as an exploit?

I vaguely remember NQ saying they removed skills from bloops.

personally, I think it should be a check box. Keep or remove handling skills when creating the blueprint from the core bloop and the creator the option of creating vanilla ships or “premium” ships. 

check box is a good idea 

On 3/5/2021 at 4:05 PM, XKentX said:

I tried that:

Building a ship with railguns and buffs to range.

Did vr to my own base, made bp, made copy, desmantled the original, deployed.

Left vr, entered gunner seat - no handling skills.

Do you have any handling skill?
I deployed the blueprint with a char that had no handling skill perhaps that why it  is working for me.

9 hours ago, PsychoSlaughter said:

I tried myself as well, and PvP elements didn’t boost. Chair capacity, cannon xs capacity, and radar capacity didn’t get their bonuses. Everything else seemed to work I think. 

Good to know, then at least for people that make non PvP ship that can help