21st century monetarization approach

carijay766

If crypto came as a form of currency to DU I Would love that because that creates a presence of worth to my in game items and knowing I can exchange them for BTC/crypto later that makes it a nice side income while I have fun :D

it also makes sense,the future is crypto!

however, this comes at a cost, P2W mechanics, now don’t get me wrong we are on that track with DACs being implemented to trade in game,  but this would amplify the problems for those negative of the DACs In game and tradeable.

NQ, if you choose this method of monetization be warned: this will create division, and could take the game either way, snowball up or snowball down, choose wisely 

P2W would only be really relevant when there are items that can only be bought with money (and now acquired otherwise), if everything has a (even minimal) value this issue becomes significantly less relevant imho - as you said with DACs there will automatically be a linkage between real value and pixels already, crypto is just a more sophisticated and dynamic step in this direction. Everyone can benefit from this and i guess it would greatly add to the participation in the game.

I don't think it's a good model for this game, honestly.  The monthly subscription is probably the best model here, as it keeps the game as a "Game" and not as something that people will min-max or meta-mine.  You'll see a LOT more cut-throat stuff going on (and I don't mean in the fun gameplay way) if real world money is introduced into the game as a base.