Buckle your seatbelts, you’re about to be told.

SpiceRub

Sure and I have no problem here.

That said though, there is nothing here that says "if you want to stand a chance in PVP space bring friends and you must carry weapons". The forever cry babies aside for a moment, the game needs proper counter measure to create a calculated risk you can choose to take allowing a chance to evade/escape an attack without the need to engage in combat. And we know these are coming so I'm not sure what the point is unless you are directing this at those that still seem to not get the fact that combat PVP is a thing in DU..

We can only hope NQ will eventually bring balance to combat PVP for all walks of DU life ..

34 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

Sure and I have no problem here.

That said though, there is nothing here that says "if you want to stand a chance in PVP space bring friends and you must carry weapons". The forever cry babies aside for a moment, the game needs proper counter measure to create a calculated risk you can choose to take allowing a chance to evade/escape an attack without the need to engage in combat. And we know these are coming so I'm not sure what the point is unless you are directing this at those that still seem to not get the fact that combat PVP is a thing in DU..

We can only hope NQ will eventually bring balance to combat PVP for all walks of DU life ..

Agreed on the counter measures. At the same time ship durability needs a nerf bat swing or a damage buff to weapons. Also I’m sure there is 100 ways to make smaller pvp ships viable, but we need at least 1 of them to be implemented.

Most importantly of all, we need a WHY pvp.

I can certainly agree that combat needs purpose and it is entirely on NQ to create the means allowing us as players to create that purpose. I expect the plan is that Territory warfare will be what sparks all of that, at least from NQ's POV .. I think that is a bit tooo thin and there needs to be more.

I honestly think NQ will not be able to get around creating PVE content which will in turn be potential content for PVP. What sets carebears apart from actual PVE focused players is that the former wants to be left to play in peace while the latter is aware and accepts the possibility that their choses activities may get interrupted by others that seek to not play the same way but play "them".

At the same time I feel PVP  players who are anti PVE for a game like DU really do not understand the role PVE could (if not should) play in their playstyle, it is what feeds you or at least what should feed you while at the same time either party feeds the game be it by bringing "home" the loot from PVE or bringing home the spoils of PVP .. In the end the purpose of both for the game is to feed into mechanics like market, research and industry.. 

Now, whether or not NQ realizes this and is able to implement it as such is another matter..

All they need are tasty asteroids out in the wilderness of PVP space and bob's your uncle:

Miners will mine, guards will guard and marauders... will... errr... maraud. This is the sort of thing that has been missing so far...

If any asteroids are present in the safe zones, they should contain T1 only...

4 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

All they need are tasty asteroids out in the wilderness of PVP space and bob's your uncle:

Miners will mine, guards will guard and marauders... will... errr... maraud. This is the sort of thing that has been missing so far...

If any asteroids are present in the safe zones, they should contain T1 only...

It’s a plan but I feel we need more than that. Blaze was right in saying we need PVE players to feed PVP. At the same time PVE players should need pvpers to create danger and also to take some of that danger away through protection or missions for pvpers to take on for them. Even if it’s to haul through danger space because warp is now not that easy of an option.

7 hours ago, blazemonger said:

sure, that's really optimistic and i love that :D 

personally...i'm not convinced that DU will ever get to the point where they need to balance it. 

for as long as it's been in dev...digging, building, and combat still don't work at scale (even at this scale). people are still having issues with voxels vanishing or reverting to weird states. "pending operation" is less common but still happens, and I'm definitely not convinced it works at scale. Combat still has lag issues. 

there was a time where i thought these issues would be easily worked out during 'beta'...but i'm not at all sold that they will ever get even the most fundamental parts of the game working in a way where they can be a foundation for actual content/features that make the game interesting. 

edit: case in point, i just got their NL about 0.24 and one link doesn't even work. they forgot a ":" in the URL -- https// isn't correct. their employees are so over their job they don't even care to test links before doing an email blast. so yeah....