There are Still ways to Hijack Ships from Territorys

Heartbeat1

27 minutes ago, Hazaatan said:

My insults are not baseless.  The idea that you don't know what safe means in this context is stupid.  What is even more stupid is the way you try to defend that stupidity.  I know you're not a stupid person, but you are like a 13 year old brat trying to use reverse sockmology to get around the obvious meaning of 'safe' in this context.

So you switch from insults to age references lol. That's the same level of stupidity in my book.

We are getting offtopic and into a flame war. Not going to continue that.

52 minutes ago, XKentX said:

What I say is that their communication of "rules" is not transparent enough and applying penalties to someone not knowing some rules written on some forum thread half a year ago is not a proper way to go. 

Real life "rules" aka "laws" work the exact same way. Nobody comes to knock on your door and notify you that the way you are stealing cable from your neighbors is illegal. 

NQ tends to overlook infractions to a much greater degree than in real life, where ignorance of the law is no excuse at all.

Bottom line, with or without a specific rule, any player should be able to tell the difference between an exploit and a feature with ease. Assume the use of any exploit will be punished and you don't need to keep track of forum posts. It is pretty helpful to look these over however, as there are some things not working as intended that are not being punished.

NQ has made it really clear that forum rules aren't really a thing, unfortunately. 

there's not any consistency to the moderation -- obvious violations of rules and really horrid comments are completely fine, but anything that discusses legality or NQ's personal information gets locked immediately...so they definitely see when people are being shits, they just don't care. 

As for this exploit...honestly...fuck NQ's inability to fix the same bug twice. This whole thread should never have existed because NQ should have fixed the problem back when it was first a thing. considering the sloth-like pace of their updates, doing regression tests shouldn't be hard. 

They want to release this year; the game should be getting more stable...instead, the same bugs pop up? 

they've silently encouraged people to use exploits by refusing to address the schematic price issue.

It sends a very clear message to the player base: "don't report problems, take advantage because when someone does report it, you won't face a penalty...but might lose out while others make bank..."  

4 minutes ago, Deathknight said:

Real life "rules" aka "laws" work the exact same way. Nobody comes to knock on your door and notify you that the way you are stealing cable from your neighbors is illegal. 

Kind of. 

There is a place known to every one where the goverment places laws for you to read. 

Portugal has the "Republic daily" news paper, in paper and online. 

One would assume that DU would have a single place with all the rules. 

15 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Do you belive you were

"(I) Be respectful and courteous.

When you posted this? 

That's the part that bothered you?

Do you hear yourself?  Do you?  

You just shoved us into a digital elementary school playground, where we are all 13 years old and your that kid that didn't like what someone said so you yelled 'I'm Telling!" and then ran to the recess teacher.  Not to tell, but to see if that's enough to make the other kids stop... lol smh

Do you hear yourself?

If you're going to be a tattletale, be tattletale. Don't talk about it, just do it.

Then stand in front of a mirror and explain to yourself what you do online, and realize the mountain of embarrassment you have on your shoulders.

The issue worked itself out.  Why did you jump in with 'im telling''?  Just let people work it out.  The devs have more important shit to deal with than every single 'superhero-hall-monitor' that wants brownie points.

I get what you are saying, but all exploits are against the rules. The forum post referenced only explains which exploits will be punished and which are currently allowed.

NQ could probably do a better job of making this information more accessible, but I question how much time they really would want to devote to maintaining an official document of acceptable exploits. They clarified some common ones, which was very helpful in the cases where things are allowed.

As in all things, NQ could communicate better. This is clearly an exploit, not an intended gameplay mechanic. Parenting is not intended to work this way. The safe zone is not intended to work this way. 

4 minutes ago, Hazaatan said:

Do you hear yourself? 

So were you respectfull of others? 

If not, please start being. 

You got hit by someone breaking the game rules, he should be banned. 

XKentX is trying to make excuses for a clear griefing and rule violation, he is wrong. 

So im with you 100% on your arguments. 

But you realy need to learn how to speak and write respectfully. 

Being aggressive with everyone does not help you in anyway. 

Just now, joaocordeiro said:

So were you respectfull of others? 

If not, please start being. 

You got hit by someone breaking the game rules, he should be banned. 

XKentX is trying to make excuses for a clear griefing and rule violation, he is wrong. 

So im with you 100% on your arguments. 

But you realy need to learn how to speak and write respectfully. 

Being aggressive with everyone does not help you in anyway. 

Holy mother of god... I just looked through your posts....  You keep calling for people to be banned because of this and that.  You need some time off of the internet, really.  Take a break, go outside and realize boy will be boys, frustration is frustration.  Go for a walk, take a break, take a deep breath of outside air.  

Were done here.

8 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

@joaocordeiro please arrest this person.

On the way Sir. 

@ShippyLongstalking

Were you 

"(I) Be respectful and courteous."

Lol

I mean surely its not the proper words. But he is not loosing control like Hazaatan. 

That was some pure rage converted to keystrokes. 

Ps: im pretty sure i will get a warning about going of topic to ask ppl to be civilized. But no one is doing moderation, and i dont feel like this should pass im blanks. 

The parenting a construct is a documented exploit. In my opinion it is not clear enough and not communicated enough to the community. What disciplinary actions should NQ take is their business to figure not mine.

Many other "features" like jumping onto a construct so it continues to fly the same speed it was when a person piloting it logged off is not an exploit, it's a stupid game mechanics as the ship is not supposed to stop in the first place. JC said "if you see it, it moves, if you don't it doesn't". They currently have a bug that it doesn't start moving the moment I enter the visual range of it. The part that it continues to move is not a bug/exploit but an intended feature of online game. Want it stop moving ? Park it to a space station.

People that say "griefing":

Please define it. If I do something that is allowed by the rules to get benefit I don't see a problem. If get some one else ruined in the process, ok that's online PVP game. It's the same as undercutting someone on the market by 0.01q. I ruin his ability to sell, is it "griefing"(whatever that thing means to you) too ?

3 minutes ago, XKentX said:

Please define it.

It is quite clear that engaging in aggression on a pvp free zone is griefing and against the rules. 

It has been since alpha X

Later, NQ decided to clear any doubts that this includes parenting. 

But for those of us with common sense, that comunication was not needed. 

If you are taking agressive action(transporting it without pernission) against someone else's construct, on a pvp free zone, you were engaging in PVP. 

Only ppl like you had doubts then,

only ppl like you engaged in that practice 

only ppl like you think this was not clear. 

For the rest of us this was clear since "no pvp on pvp free zones" was posted. 

20 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

It is quite clear that engaging in aggression on a pvp free zone is griefing and against the rules. 

It has been since alpha X

Later, NQ decided to clear any doubts that this includes parenting. 

But for those of us with common sense, that comunication was not needed. 

If you are taking agressive action(transporting it without pernission) against someone else's construct, on a pvp free zone, you were engaging in PVP. 

Only ppl like you had doubts then,

only ppl like you engaged in that practice 

only ppl like you think this was not clear. 

For the rest of us this was clear since "no pvp on pvp free zones" was posted. 

How can I "engage in aggression" ? Guns don't work.

Please be more specific and provide sources of your claims.

Undercutting each other is market PVP. Racing is pure PVP. Claiming a tile with a meganode so others can't mine it can be considered PVP too. It is not allowed too by your logic ?

Throwing your construct out of my claimed tile using a maneuver tool. Is it aggression ?

What about expressing my concern about someone's ship external appearance and making comparisons to various objects. Is it aggression ?

I pay for a game, I login and click buttons to see sci-fi stuff and have fun. If there is a list of buttons and combination of thereof that is not allowed the game client should forbid it. If there are exceptions they should be clearly stated to leave no doubt.

2 minutes ago, XKentX said:

How can I "engage in aggression" ? Guns don't work.

Please be more specific and provide sources of your claims.

If someone tows your car from your front yard. 

Do you belive that person started an aggression against you or your possessions? 

We, and NQ think the answer is yes. 

But because of ppl like you, NQ had to make a post about it. 

Just now, joaocordeiro said:

If someone tows your car from your front yard. 

Do you belive that person started an aggression against you or your possessions? 

We, and NQ think the answer is yes. 

But because of ppl like you, NQ had to make a post about it. 

If someone drives a car into my house at 100kmh I will sue him if he survives.

Should we apply the same for DU ? If you crash on my tile you are banned ?

3 minutes ago, XKentX said:

If someone drives a car into my house at 100kmh I will sue him if he survives.

Should we apply the same for DU ? If you crash on my tile you are banned ?

You sue him for proven damages. The broken wall, the days in psychological treatment. 

In DU you can also "sue for damages". Prove that his crash on a pvp free was directly responsible for a calculatable amount of quanta in damages and you have a ticket to be raised. 

11 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

You sue him for proven damages. The broken wall, the days in psychological treatment. 

In DU you can also "sue for damages" prove that his crash on a pvp free was directly responsible for a calculatable amount of quanta in damages and you have a ticket to be raised. 

That's just golden.

Where is the "sue for damages" button ? Is it he ticket system that has a response time longer than a single trial subscription period ?

Please tell me where is your best ship, I will come and accidentally attach my XS core ship to it with 1 S container full of catalyst 3. This will prevent your ship from flying (about 10-20kt weight). Once you finish the process I will be glad to compensate the amount of quanta as decided by NQ.

Deal ?

Remember, you can't drag it to PVP space and shoot it ! As per NQ post you get a disciplinary action against your account if you do.