There are Still ways to Hijack Ships from Territorys

Heartbeat1

Hello Everyone,

so one of our Members got a Problem two days ago.

He was on Madis to Mine a bit, at the end oft the Day he leave his Ship on an Claimed Territory from him. At the next Morning his Ship was 30su away from Madis and was shot down. They looted an Warp Drive and three Territory Scanner. We dont know at the moment how they get the ship into Space. The Ship was shot by an Player Called Zelight who is member oft he org „THE GUILD OF CALAMITOUS INTENT“. At the next Day our Member and a few friends are back on Madis to mine.

They were mining in an unclaimed Territory, after a few hours of mining he wanted to go Back to his Ship and markt hem via his core list. The Ship was 70km away, after an Force Respawn two of his Ships are parked in the middle oft he L Core called Reclination. This Ship was only Build to hijack ships and shoot them down in the PVP zone. The Ship got 6 Lasers and all are directed to the middle Plattform where the ships were parked. But there were no other Player on the Construct, so we think that the Owner of the Ship (Zelight) docked all the Cores fly it up in tot he Space, but in the Safe zone and logged out. After our Member got back to the Ship it was speeding up to 4000km/h. So we decided to let hiss hip fly into the PVP Zone and shot it Down.

The Ship was originaly Build by an Corp called „Kori Design Studios“ which Superlegate is member of the SilverLight Industries. It takes around an hour to destroy his both Cores, but we beat one „Scammer“ boy and thats worth it.

But NQ should fix these actions ….

https://youtu.be/cksf9bGuLsw

German:

Spoiler

Hallo zusammen,

also eines unserer Mitglieder hatte vor 2 Tagen ein Problem.

Er war auf Madis um ein wenig zu minen, am Ende des Tages ließ er sein Schiff auf einem von ihm beanspruchten Territorium. Am nächsten Morgen war sein Schiff 30su von Madis entfernt und wurde abgeschossen. Sie plünderten einen Warp-Antrieb und drei Territory-Scanner. Wir wissen im Moment nicht, wie sie das Schiff in den Weltraum bekommen haben. Das Schiff wurde von einem Spieler namens Zelight abgeschossen, der Mitglied in der Organisation "THE GUILD OF CALAMITOUS INTENT" ist. Am nächsten Tag ist unser Mitglied und ein paar Freunde zurück auf Madis, um zu minern.

Sie minten in einem nicht beanspruchten Gebiet, nach ein paar Stunden Abbau wollte er zurück zu seinem Schiff gehen und über seine Core-Liste markierte er es. Das Schiff war 70km entfernt, nach einem Force Respawn stehen zwei seiner Schiffe in der Mitte des L Core namens Reclination. Dieses Schiff wurde nur gebaut, um Schiffe zu kapern und sie in der PVP-Zone abzuschießen. Das Schiff hat 6 Laser und alle sind auf die mittlere Plattform gerichtet, wo die Schiffe geparkt waren. Aber es waren keine anderen Spieler auf dem Konstrukt, so dass wir denken, dass der Besitzer des Schiffes (Zelight) alle Kerne angedockt hat, um es in den Weltraum zu fliegen, aber in der sicheren Zone sich ausgloggte. Nachdem unser Mitglied zurück zum Schiff kam, beschleunigte es auf 4000km/h. Also beschlossen wir, das Schiff in die PVP-Zone fliegen zu lassen und es abzuschießen.

Das Schiff wurde ursprünglich von einer Corp namens "Kori Design Studios" gebaut, der Superlegate ist Mitglied der SilverLight Industries. Es dauerte etwa eine Stunde, um seine beiden Kerne zu zerstören, aber wir haben einen "Scammer" Boy geschlagen und das war es wert.

Aber NQ sollte diese Aktionen beheben ....

The Ship:

Spoiler

BAHfMJF.png

The destroyed Ship:

Spoiler

4Kiv3nv.png

The Designer of the Ship:

Spoiler

hGdJz8D.png

• Parenting Ships - Dragged to PVP Space: This is a hot topic and one we wish to be very clear on. Intentionally parenting any construct without permission of the owner is not intended for game play. A fix has been rolled out that will address the ability to parent constructs together via the maneuver tool. As we have not previously clarified this point, we will not retroactively punish this abuse, as of this moment forward abusing similar bugs/tools to replicate this maneuver in its current state can result in disciplinary actions on an account. [Not Allowed]

I hope NQ will punish them this time! 

1 hour ago, blazemonger said:

Log a ticket and keep us in the loop as NQ has the obligation to act on this one and do so quickly as they have officially tagged this kind of action as forbidden..

It will be interesting to see how they are going to deal with this one..

Main concern should be finding how they did it. Ffs this is not rust, im not here to log in and find myself naked on a shore.

18 minutes ago, Fra119 said:

Main concern should be finding how they did it. Ffs this is not rust, im not here to log in and find myself naked on a shore.

Recently, we've seen a lot of cases of the old bug where parking a large ship near a small one causes the small one to dock to the large one. This happens accidentally all the time at space stations. I don't know of it happening on the ground, but that doesn't mean it can't.

Why do we have this bug when it otherwise requires using the maneuver tool while standing on something static to get docked? Docking is currently both useless for legitimate player (i.e. carriers) and a truly annoying exploit used by griefers. NQ, please remove docking until you can get it working reasonably.

theft mechanics, oh boy!

i would love an actual system where i can hack into the core of a construct and steal it, but it would warn the owner of such an event and take a certain amount of time and also cannot be done while a player is offline. maybe they can introduce it with AvA as a wardec mechanic.

1 hour ago, Daphne Jones said:

Recently, we've seen a lot of cases of the old bug where parking a large ship near a small one causes the small one to dock to the large one. This happens accidentally all the time at space stations. I don't know of it happening on the ground, but that doesn't mean it can't.

Why do we have this bug when it otherwise requires using the maneuver tool while standing on something static to get docked? Docking is currently both useless for legitimate player (i.e. carriers) and a truly annoying exploit used by griefers. NQ, please remove docking until you can get it working reasonably.

it works just fine, also no one really was aware of this exploit until OP created the thread, so yea :D maybe OP should send a ticket instead!

3 minutes ago, ELX987 said:

theft mechanics, oh boy!

i would love an actual system where i can hack into the core of a construct and steal it, but it would warn the owner of such an event and take a certain amount of time and also cannot be done while a player is offline. maybe they can introduce it with AvA as a wardec mechanic.

it works just fine, also no one really was aware of this exploit until OP created the thread, so yea :D maybe OP should send a ticket instead!

What works just fine? Docking? Not since 0.23 dropped. At least not in gravity. I'm not about to try taking off from my carrier in space and losing the parasite ship because it can't dock and I can't fetch it.

1 minute ago, Daphne Jones said:

What works just fine? Docking? Not since 0.23 dropped. At least not in gravity. I'm not about to try taking off from my carrier in space and losing the parasite ship because it can't dock and I can't fetch it.

well fetch was removed for good reason, is the ship bugged in your carrier?

Just now, Daphne Jones said:

Nothing bugged except docking afaik. Landing on a carrier just doesn't work. It doesn't dock. Doesn't matter which ships I do it with.

must be just you then, docking works for me :D, sorry bout that

Arrr! its sadly just useses the ingame tools. no exploit needed. didn't know this was against the rules and thought it was apart of normal gameplay as it wasn't in the EULA or TOS when I signed up and onto the game and only just found out about the forum post.... whioh should be a EULA and or in the TOS... a friend told me after I had impounded a few ships, then gave up. couldn't undock the ships... so just sorta left them there.

so the big ship was stolen from kori and moddeded. adding a basket to it, and a killbox with lasers. Just fly up to a territory with a ship on it.... claim the territory.... maneuver tool ship above basket, fly to pvp space and pew pew ship... all using the in game tools as intended....  Surprised others haven't figured it out... was really easy and again uses in game tools without an exploit. After testing it a few times and finding out it wasn't allowed I gave up on it and reported the reproduction to NQ and left the ships floating in space for others to find. am glad its been destroyed actually. had never intended to use it again. and now people know it can be done so hope nq fixes it.

if I get banned.... its okay guess its deserved. I'd hope not as during this didn't know it wasnt allowed and stopped when found out. please hurl your insults at me. I deserve it. 

5 minutes ago, Distinct Mint said:

The OP says the territory the ship was left on was claimed by them so this doesn't fit your explanation. 

The op is wrong or mistaken...  it was parked near claimed territory but was not. all shipss that were impounded this way were left on unclaimed hexes that were then claimed or on hexes already owned by the guild. ops hands are also not clean... as they said they took mine ship from the safe zone to pvp space without the owner knowing to destroy it... so... guess we both should be banned... but again they never stated these things in the TOS or EULA which we both agreed to.... and both incidents were using in game tools without exploits... so? it's gameplay as designed by NQ.

but as like said there are no hard feelings on my end as this is now out in the open and the ship is destroyed. hopefully nq will patch this sort of stuff along with adding these to the TOS and EULA vs a forum post that is not agreed to at login. now people know it can be done so hopefully nq fixes it. 

3 hours ago, Zelight said:

Arrr! its sadly just useses the ingame tools. no exploit needed. didn't know this was against the rules and thought it was apart of normal gameplay as it wasn't in the EULA or TOS when I signed up and onto the game and only just found out about the forum post.... whioh should be a EULA and or in the TOS... a friend told me after I had impounded a few ships, then gave up. couldn't undock the ships... so just sorta left them there.

so the big ship was stolen from kori and moddeded. adding a basket to it, and a killbox with lasers. Just fly up to a territory with a ship on it.... claim the territory.... maneuver tool ship above basket, fly to pvp space and pew pew ship... all using the in game tools as intended....  Surprised others haven't figured it out... was really easy and again uses in game tools without an exploit. After testing it a few times and finding out it wasn't allowed I gave up on it and reported the reproduction to NQ and left the ships floating in space for others to find. am glad its been destroyed actually. had never intended to use it again. and now people know it can be done so hope nq fixes it.

if I get banned.... its okay guess its deserved. I'd hope not as during this didn't know it wasnt allowed and stopped when found out. please hurl your insults at me. I deserve it. 

We figured it out last year and NQ prohibited it (and supposedly fixed it, but I think 0.23 undid the fix.)

8 minutes ago, Daphne Jones said:

We figured it out last year and NQ prohibited it (and supposedly fixed it, but I think 0.23 undid the fix.)

not sured how they did it before but the way it worked was to maneuver tool an object from a dynamic construct to enable physics on it then fly a ship under it to catch it all while physics are enabled. just using the tools the game has.... after looking at the tos and eula again I cannot find any mention of this behavior in it. I suggest NQ add this to the code of conduct people agree to at sign on to dissuade people from doing it further and not keep such information locked away in a forum post that people have to seek out to read.

1 minute ago, Zelight said:

not sured how they did it before but the way it worked was to maneuver tool an object from a dynamic construct to enable physics on it then fly a ship under it to catch it all while physics are enabled. just using the tools the game has.... after looking at the tos and eula again I cannot find any mention of this behavior in it. I suggest NQ add this to the code of conduct people agree to at sign on to dissuade people from doing it further and not keep such information locked away in a forum post that people have to seek out to read.

Basically, it's PVP in a safe zone. I assume there's something about that in the TOS or EULA.

It's also just generally despicable behavior, being both an empty camp raid and an attack that can't be defended against by any means. I do hope they ban you for it, cause you should know better even without an explicit rule.

4 hours ago, Zelight said:

If this is your 1st case, you will probably not get a permanent ban. 

Specialy if you apologize and compensate the ofended. 

I would suggest for you to open a private chat with the op and try to compensate him. 

If everything ends up well, then you have that in your favor for when NQ goes talk to you. 

1 hour ago, Zelight said:

...as they said they took mine ship from the safe zone to pvp space without the owner knowing to destroy it... so... guess we both should be banned...

Na, that was different. By the sound of it, you logged off while in motion. This means that by the act of them landing on it, they became parented to it, and it began moving again as by design. They just rode it out until it hit PvP space. 

That was actually your fault for logging while in motion, without at least having an active ECU.

44 minutes ago, Musclethorpe said:

Na, that was different. By the sound of it, you logged off while in motion. This means that by the act of them landing on it, they became parented to it, and it began moving again as by design. They just rode it out until it hit PvP space. 

That was actually your fault for logging while in motion, without at least having an active ECU.

you could argue that i guess....  though in the case of taking ships to pvp space I was using the tools the devs gave everyone. They admitted to standing on mine ship to let it go into pvp space and then blowing it up. they used the tools built into the game as did I....  I could argue that they should have not left their ships on territory that i owned, if they had been on territory they owned the game tools would not allow it. so in either case if I am banned they should be also as technically they moved my ship without my knowledge or permission into PVP space when I left it in a safe zone.... and as retaliation arguably took my ship from safe space to pvp space to blow it up while admitting to it... the method or the circumstances shouldnt matter. but as said didnt intend to keep doing it and left the ship in safe space to be found. hopefully it will make NQ change the game mechanics to not allow either to happen and add a proper section in the COD and EULA.

@Daphne though nobody can pinpoint in the COD or EULA where this type of gameplay is prohibited, its just assumptions and a post in a forum that is not tied to either the COD or EULA... as have looked multiple times since i was told this was not allowed. and the game explicitly allowed the actions that let me take ships off tiles I owned via tools in the game and allowed them to put my ship into pvp space... in both cases there were no exploits or bug. the maneuver tool changes were announced in 0.23 that standing on a dynamic construct will enable physics on it and not allow docking, was arguably using the tool as intended... if a player is to be punished for using the tools the devs created than thats a larger issue.... as it is they dont even enforce their own forum rules as a troll on the forums led to one of NQs employees getting doxxed(whtout a ban no less) and people are literally hurling profanities and trolling eachother on the forums without repercussions

not trying to explain away these actions just providing feed for thought. I dont condone these actions and any and all ships taken out to pvp space using the in game tools took place over 24 hour period. once found out it was against the rules posted to the forums it was reported and I lstopped. honestly thought this made great salvaging gameplay and thought this could be a way to cleanup ships left abandoned. am sorry to those that I may have hurt, it was not the intent.

4 minutes ago, Zelight said:

not trying to explain away these actions just providing feed for thought. I dont condone these actions and any and all ships taken out to pvp space using the in game tools took place over 24 hour period. once found out it was against the rules posted to the forums it was reported and I lstopped. honestly thought this made great salvaging gameplay and thought this could be a way to cleanup ships left abandoned. am sorry to those that I may have hurt, it was not the intent.

Ppl don't fly ships with "sorry" in the fuel tanks.

It's a start. But if you mean it, compensate them.

2 hours ago, Zelight said:

the way it worked was to maneuver tool an object from a dynamic construct to enable physics on it then fly a ship under it to catch it all while physics are enabled. just using the tools the game has....

See that's sketchy.  Using the tools the game has, would mean maneuvering a ship onto your ship, and then trying to fly away.  Which wouldn't work.  

I'm assuming you tried that, and it didn't work.  So you found an exploit that got you around the way the game is intended to work, which is that you can not use the maneuver tool to parent another player's construct.  And then you exploited it.

You knew you weren't supposed to be able to steal another players ship that way, because it wasn't possible until you found a complicated exploit that made it possible.