References to Extraterrestrial Intelligence in Dual Universe?

aliensalmon

Should Dual Universe add some references to alien life?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should Dual Universe add some references to alien life?

• Yes
    • No

This poll/topic asks if there should be references or hints to extraterrestrial intelligence or aliens in Dual Universe. I was thinking that the aliens themselves don't have to be present in the form of NPCs or whatever. But there could be hints of their existence like ruins and artifacts or something. Adds some mystery to the game I guess.

You guys have any ideas?

That kind of already exists. 

There are a set of monolith in several places in the system. I have found one personaly.

Those monoliths have some kind of code.. 

Those codes were joined together in a calculation and a secret loation was found. Im not sure but i belive the special t5 ore was found there. 

There are also several monuments, some of them underground that ppl have found.

Some players theorize that the way to go to another system is linked to those acient monuments. 

1 minute ago, joaocordeiro said:

That kind of already exists. 

There are a set of monolith in several places in the system. I have found one personaly.

Those monoliths have some kind of code.. 

Those codes were joined together in a calculation and a secret loation was found. Im not sure but i belive the special t5 ore was found there. 

There are also several monuments, some of them underground that ppl have found.

Some players theorize that the way to go to another system is linked to those acient monuments. 

Ah, interesting. I've heard of those things. Perhaps they should make more of them.

Already exists.

There was that whole puzzle in which the clues are alien constructs that ended with a single node of a new T5 ore on Lacobus. There are hints that Teoma was placed where it is by aliens. I expect they will eventually develop the alien contact story line, but they don't exactly have a lore team to develop it yet.

and then decided that people who's main goal is to rebuild civilization, don't need access to whatever technology she used for that?

And to bring this back on topic. I don't care if it is aliens, AI robots or whatever. As long as it is content, this game needs it.

On 2/24/2021 at 3:35 AM, CptLoRes said:

and then decided that people who's main goal is to rebuild civilization, don't need access to whatever technology she used for that?

That is explicitly in the lore - that we don't have Aphelia's tech. AFAIK, Aphelia also doesn't feel she need to explain why.

24 minutes ago, Daphne Jones said:

That is explicitly in the lore - that we don't have Aphelia's tech. AFAIK, Aphelia also doesn't feel she need to explain why.

Also, if I remember correctly, the launcher says something like "your brain is working at 12%", we might assume that we don't actually train talents, we unlock memories. At some point someone will remember how to build a market xD

On 2/24/2021 at 12:35 AM, CptLoRes said:

to be fair...this AI isn't very good at their job. 

"yes, must re-create civilization...now wake, my humans, and go forth with no laws whatsoever to slaughter each other in the name of re-creating civilization! Carefully planned hexagonal property lines shall be our only law!"