The market clutter is becoming a real problem for some

TonyTones

Is the clutter a problem?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Are the big markets (especially on Alioth) too saturated with ships in your opinion?

• No
    • Yes but my PC can handle it
    • Yes and my PC can't handle it

I don't visit the markets much and when I do get out to market 6 or 7 on Alioth its somewhat laggy but tolerable. I park a short walk away and all is fine.  

That's my experience with my system and internet. I see people are having troubles and even leaving the game because they are crashing or just have unplayable frames on the big markets. 

I don't have an answer and I'm trying to leave my opinion out of this. I want people to vote and be heard by NQ if this is a major issue for some players.

For me it becoming progressivly worse (because markets obviously continue to accumulate constructs every week).

On some of of my "popular" markets, my rig started noticebly choke, I even crushed recently because of lag.

I was just thinking of this myself. I started reading previous threads about this and I gathered a few ideas.

Consider this:

Any player who visits a market gets a timer. When the timer runs out every construct the player has in the market area will be given a fine determined by the total mass. If the construct is not removed within a certain time period(a few hours at most?) it is impounded and deconstructed to it's individual parts and sent to an impound facility somewhere on the respective planet/moon. The player will have to collect their parts.

Personally, I can't visit some markets because the market itself doesn't load. This is a huge issue and even after the game is optimized I think a process like this should be a permanent feature.

3 hours ago, Cajanegra said:

I just don't understand why NQ is not doing something with this.

We asked this ourselfs (mostly) and NQ endless times since Alpha. This whole forum in this regard feels like sort of "Groundhog Day" sort of insanity. @Kruzer formulated quite well: likely NQ so preoccupied with survival level issues, that this inconvinience (even if very irritating for players) shoved shomewhere deep into "can wait" list.

This is a VERY old problem,  to which there is a very old answer which sounds very much like a static echoing through an old amaterur VF transmitter ?.

There have been more threads started about the very issue than i care to count. At this point all you can do is sit back, grab a bowl of popcorn and treat it like an episode of Air Crash Investigation.

As of now we're at the scene where you hear the 747-300 master alarm repeating "too low terrain, too low terrain... pull up, pull up, pull up". 

I thought i'd never see the day, but JC has somehow managed to trump both Derek Smart and Chris Roberts at their own game. That alone was worth the contributor package investment ?

I think putting a timer on market tiles that ends in fines/impoundment is a great idea. But also we should be talking about mitigating the need to physically travel to markets in the first place. I strongly suggest a system be implemented that allows players to have items shipped to them via bots. For a fee. Base the fee off of the same things UPS uses, distance, volume, and mass. And make the fees steep enough that there's rooms for actual players to undercut the bots if they want to provide player based delivery services.

6 minutes ago, XKentX said:

Thinking about putting some L cubes there so I have personal docking space tho... If NQ doesn't care, we should figure it out somehow I guess.

But since NQ also haven't addressed the need for having 'parking' rights, there is nothing preventing other from littering your L.

There are so many small but essential features missing in DU, and combined they are compacting into huger game breaking issues.

4 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

But since NQ also haven't addressed the need for having 'parking' rights, there is nothing preventing other from littering your L.

There are so many small but essential features missing in DU, and combined they are compacting into huger game breaking issues.

Yea so it seems I will need to keep dropping them so mine is on top or something. Don't know, a shitshow tbh.

BTW if someone covers you etc, you can maneuver tool your construct out of it.

2 minutes ago, Fra119 said:

I still agree with the guy who suggested to overwhelm markets with stuff, I mean, if each of us drop 50 xs cubes NQ will be forced to intervene or the markets will be literally unusable.

Yup - There are several "Direct Action" -type things we could do for demonstrating the issue.

How ever it is also so easy to get banned if such actions are done.

Edited by kulkija
typo

12 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

Yeah.. But it's so frustrating to watch NQ fumble around. If NQ just implemented 'parking' which is a feature we will need regardless as the player base grows. Then the entire market littering problems would also be solved..

I bet in some new (false advert, as usual) trailer on words "player driven economy and markets" they use scripted footage of bots happly using market terminals and bot ships flying in mock skyscrapper city in unrealistic trejectories simulating some super-activity, that never happens. And totaly NOT these sickening junkyards of real in game markets.

17 minutes ago, kulkija said:

Yup - There are several "Direct Action" -type things we could do for demonstrating the issue.

How ever it is also so easy to get banned if such actions are done.

Well you could disguise it as an event: "the invasion of market X", 1 mothership and dozens of little ships, like a sovereign from mass effect (super hard to build tho) and oculus drones, or the "tet" from Oblivion and again drones :v

https://support.dualthegame.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016890940-Clarification-Regarding-Bug-Exploits-and-Griefing

Marketplace Construct Parking: Players are permitted to park at marketplaces with their transport vehicles so long as they are not preventing use to other players or obstructing entry or exit points. Vehicles whose purpose is advertising (organization, service or otherwise) must abide by the following rules. 

• Organizations and individuals wishing to advertise at markets may have one advertising construct per district maximum
  • Constructs may not be larger than “Small” sized
  • Constructs may not block access to any building, entry points or dispensers
  • Advertisements must not be placed/parented on constructs that don’t belong to you
  • Constructs that violate these terms will be removed from the game without warning or compensation.