BOO Ruined The Event To Spam Salt Memes

iNFiDeL

12 hours ago, Luceno said:

From BOO

unknown.png

I dont know BOO's internal structure, except the leader. 

Is demlock high in the ranks? 

Because it is quite clear that his motivation was to grief players.

If he is low in command, this can be a 1 men opinion but if he is a high ranking member, this completely contradicts the claims from the leader explaining how responsible they were and how they only wanted to focus the security. 

8 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

I dont know BOO's internal structure, except the leader. 

Is demlock high in the ranks? 

Because it is quite clear that his motivation was to grief players.

If he is low in command, this can be a 1 men opinion but if he is a high ranking member, this completely contradicts the claims from the leader explaining how responsible they were and how they only wanted to focus the security. 

Yeah Demlock is a leader in BOO. POS org only goal was to grief random people. Glad everyone can see them for who they are. 

Nq please dont close the thread before BOO's leader has a chance to rectify their motivation. 

It is quite important for the future of DU for you(NQ) to read her response and figure out how the game will survive and how a civilization can be achieved with this level of organized griefing in place. 

12 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Nq please dont close the thread before BOO's leader has a chance to rectify their motivation. 

It is quite important for the future of DU for you(NQ) to read her response and figure out how the game will survive and how a civilization can be achieved with this level of organized griefing in place. 

Nothing needs to be rectified. No one from BOO has ever said our motivation was anything besides interrupting the event. Someone said there was PvP so we showed up. Also if you're trying to insinuate that our group is incompatible with DU, then NQ marketed their game incorrectly. If you're trying to suggest NQ needs to punish us in someway, then you really do not understand the concept of this game. 

41 minutes ago, Noddles said:

Also if you're trying to insinuate that our group is incompatible with DU, then NQ marketed their game incorrectly

I'm trying to get your leader to face her responsibility. And you are not her. 

Im not trying to say that your group is incompatible with DU or should be punished. 

Im trying to make NQ understand how naive is their dream of a player driven game. 

How that does not generate fun, adventure, role-playing, fairness or even a economically viable game. 

Depending on players to control their behavior to make this world desirable to new subscriptions is totally naive. 

Nothing bad should happen to your group as a result of this, you followed the rules. 

But DU's mechanics need to chance to make "having a good time in DU" less "other player dependent". 

5 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

Im trying to make NQ understand how naive is their dream of a player driven game. 

How that does not generate fun, adventure, role-playing, fairness or even a economically viable game. 

Funny that is how it works in other games but suddenly here it doesn't. 

6 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

Depending on players to control their behavior to make this world desirable to new subscriptions is totally naive. 

43 minutes ago, Lethys said:

Funny that is how it works in other games but suddenly here it doesn't. 

Its simple, especialy with EVE as obvious reference point.

In EVE chunk of people doing all kind of things for shits in giggles (because they can), but game have so much relevant venues of content (both PvP and PvE), that most players busy with meaningful goals and, in working on them, forming this emergent, interconnected gameplay. That, with some caveats, works for years.

DU, currently, has so little content (for most players, but especialy PvP ones), that only things that remains -- this shits and giggles (in most primitive forms), cringy 30 k speed piracy and rare "organized jousting" to not die from boredom.

So its somewhat tragicomical to put any responsability on Sylva with it here. OR, if we following this line of logic, with even more prejustice you can ask why all these emperors, presidents, ceos, and other useless muckers with presumably hundreds of peoples orgs not "improving quality of gameworld" or something. Totaly irresponsable, right? 

On side note I personaly not fan of "crashings" too and not find them anyway amusing.

But generaly its much better to ask NQ why game still so little to offer on god knows which year of development.

47 minutes ago, le_souriceau said:

Its simple, especialy with EVE as obvious reference point.

In EVE chunk of people doing all kind of things for shits in giggles (because they can), but game have so much relevant venues of content (both PvP and PvE), that most players busy with meaningful goals and, in working on them, forming this emergent, interconnected gameplay. That, with some caveats, works for years.

Exactly 

Edit to elaborate a bit:

If du had better mechanics, ppl could form fleets in a meaningful way, ask for help, create an emergent playground where it is ok to have someone Crash the party because they have meaningful ways of countering it. Or create "safe" regions themselves within the ffa pvp zone like in eve

9 hours ago, le_souriceau said:

DU, currently, has so little content (for most players, but especialy PvP ones), that only things that remains -- this shits and giggles (in most primitive forms), cringy 30 k speed piracy and rare "organized jousting" to not die from boredom.

So its somewhat tragicomical to put any responsability on Sylva with it here.

not only that, the moderation only exists for legal topics or when NQ's personal information is involved. 

the forum rules are really clear: no trash talking, no flaming, no trolling. i guess it is okay to throw out misogynist/homophobic slurs or call people autistic...but dare to link to one of NQ's real-life online profiles...? They seem to notice that right away.

the reason it's on Sylva to moderate is because NQ thinks trash talking is "emergent gameplay".

i get that the CMs probably want nothing to do with these forums (not sure what else they do tbh), but it is their job to manage the community here and prevent things from getting out of hand. as usual, NQ only selectively enforces the rules. 

i guess that's why so many of their own employees have quit -- no one over there really cares anymore. 

I am the leader of Havoc one of the Boo orgs that was there. When you venture into the pvp zone you consent to get your boat violenced. Without any form of conflict drivers to create opportunities for PVP we have to take what we can get. So you can be sure that if there is an event that PVP will happen PVP'rs are likely to turn up. Don't hate the player , hate the game. You non pvp players can engage in your dollhouse building endlessly  us pvp'rs have no gameplay loops to service our desires. About the only thing we can do is camp a pipe and hope to catch a ship but that is ganking not fighting and pretty boring (its more fun when they shoot back). The only other alternative is to come up with cringy roleplay reasons for pre-arranged fights.  There are no resources to fight over no territory to take or defend in conquest.  Hell we have no means of interdiction or tackle once we do find something to shoot.  We are holding on out of shear will in hopes of the potential that the game has. So tl ; dr if you don't wanna pvp don't come to the pvp zone.  For the record this is what NQ had to say about the matter: image.png.455c569c97a0cf8cfe03c990422c3d

15 minutes ago, ManfredSideous said:

I am the leader of Havoc one of the Boo orgs that was there. When you venture into the pvp zone you consent to get your boat violenced. Without any form of conflict drivers to create opportunities for PVP we have to take what we can get. So you can be sure that if there is an event that PVP will happen PVP'rs are likely to turn up. Don't hate the player , hate the game. You non pvp players can engage in your dollhouse building endlessly  us pvp'rs have no gameplay loops to service our desires. About the only thing we can do is camp a pipe and hope to catch a ship but that is ganking not fighting and pretty boring (its more fun when they shoot back). The only other alternative is to come up with cringy roleplay reasons for pre-arranged fights.  There are no resources to fight over no territory to take or defend in conquest.  Hell we have no means of interdiction or tackle once we do find something to shoot.  We are holding on out of shear will in hopes of the potential that the game has. So tl ; dr if you don't wanna pvp don't come to the pvp zone.  For the record this is what NQ had to say about the matter: image.png.455c569c97a0cf8cfe03c990422c3d

bane of anyone who thinks "consentual pvp" is the only appropriate form of pvp in the danger zone, god bless

20 minutes ago, ManfredSideous said:

When you venture into the pvp zone you consent to get your boat violenced

No issues there.

But there is a difference between entering entering the pvp zone to play the game(mine, hunt, freight, spy, etc) to trying to promote the game. 

The objective of game promotion was clear. You could have chosen to also promote the game by folowing the rules of the event. Instead you decided to turn "game promotion" in desolation. 

Surely you broke no rules.

But you decided on promoting a faster end to this project. With no new subscriptions duo bad reviews and lack of promotion. And cancelation of current subscriptions via terror, frustration, grief. 

That was a option you had, no matter your definition of fun. And you made your choice. 

16 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

No issues there.

But there is a difference between entering entering the pvp zone to play the game(mine, hunt, freight, spy, etc) to trying to promote the game. 

The objective of game promotion was clear. You could have chosen to also promote the game by folowing the rules of the event. Instead you decided to turn "game promotion" in desolation. 

But you decided on promoting a faster end to this project. With no new subscriptions duo bad reviews and lack of promotion. And cancelation of current subscriptions via terror, frustration, grief. 

That was a option you had, no matter your definition of fun. And you made your choice. 

ARe you ok?  They did promote the game by showing up to the Event.  They showed that its FFA pvp, and the players make the rules.  

1 minute ago, JohnnyTazer said:

ARe you ok?  They did promote the game by showing up to the Event.  They showed that its FFA pvp, and the players make the rules.  

Yes we already know your opinion. 

I already trashed your argument with the "like count" pvp operations vs designing and building events.

Can i now debate this with Manfred?

Or are you going to try to derail this again with IP infringement? 

25 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

But you decided on promoting a faster end to this project. With no new subscriptions duo bad reviews and lack of promotion.

Where do you get these facts from (the marked one)? I would like to have an insight into this so that it can be regarded as a valid source.

Otherwise, all I read here are assertions written by a frustrated player.

1 minute ago, SirJohn85 said:

Where do you get these facts from (the marked one)? I would like to have an insight into this so that it can be regarded as a valid source.

You can't. he just makes stuff up.  He thinks doing Roleplay pvp is actually helping promote the game. Which it doesn't because thats not how the game is designed.  BOO showing up does promote it, by showing what the game IS.  And what it is, is anyone can enter the pvp zone, and attempt to attack anyone else who is also there.  

11 minutes ago, SirJohn85 said:

Where do you get these facts from? I would like to have an insight into this so that it can be regarded as a valid source.

It is my opinion. Like all yours that also dont facts or valid sources. 

But would you say that the game is getting more crowded?

When you fly to a market, do you see 10 players there like you used to? 

Do you see 20 noobs asking how to use the scanner on support chat? 

Then we can assert the game is loosing subscriptions. 

Is this action the main factor, hell no..

Lack of excitement in every aspect of the game mixed with bugs and unbalanced gameplay is to blame.

Do events like this bring subscriptions. Yes. Its fair to say that most ppl started playing DU because they saw a video of it. 

What videos bring more subscriptions. The ones with more views and more likes. 

From basic YouTube counts we can see that exposition videos get more of those. 

Did the PVPers not folowing the event rules try to block the event, yes.

34 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

No issues there.

I was captaining/piloting a L core pvp ship 24 gun monster. I got shot by a ton of star wars ships but the only thing I shot was AC ships. Killing little duders out for some fun who have no clue what pvp is in poorly built (pvp engineered) ships isn't really fun.  I was there to fight the whales ( the guys with proper kit).

1 minute ago, ManfredSideous said:

I was there to fight the whales

Lets say you were. (not what demlock transpired from his discord announcement) 

Was there a doubt in your mind that the "little duders" would run away or be completely destroyed? 

Was there a chance for the event to happen after your attack? 

Your choice was to ignore the event or disrupt it. 

And you did your choice. 

That choice had a consequence of the aggravation of the fall of this project. 

4 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Do you see 20 noobs asking how to use the scanner on support chat? 

Lack of excitement in every aspect of the game mixed with bugs and unbalanced gameplay is to blame.

Do events like this bring subscriptions. Yes. Its fair to say that most ppl started playing DU because they saw a video of it. 

What videos bring more subscriptions. The ones with more views and more likes. 

Dynamically driven player content is a huge marketing tool for games like Dual Universe and Eve Online.  I am the guy responsible for the battle of B-R5B in EVE Online. Which up until recently was the largest most costly and longest battle in online gaming. One of the beautiful side effects of this battle is the stories it generated.  (CCP ) makers of EVE Online stated that they saw a huge influx of players as a result of that battle and the stories it created. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodbath_of_B-R5RB

Just now, joaocordeiro said:

Explain what you mean by that, because nowhere have I presented my opinion as an objective truth.

1 minute ago, joaocordeiro said:

Do you see 20 noobs asking how to use the scannet on support chat? 

What videos bring more subscriptions. The ones with more view and more likes. 

I've said before in another post about this that I note the Twitch metrics data once every Thursday. The last time I posted them they were at 90 and a few crushed, now they have dropped to 70.

The player numbers, which have steadily and demonstrably dropped on Twitch since release, are an indicator to me that interest is waning. Even EVE, meanwhile, has over 400 avg viewers.

To claim otherwise because of a PvP event has no basis in fact. Instead, I would simply say that the game is not convincing in its current form.

Here, found my post where I posted it: 

Source for site: https://www.twitchmetrics.net/g/493826-dual-universe