BOO crashed the SW pvp Event, was good fun and generated content :D

ELX987

12 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

Can you still confirm this was your motivation after reading this: (also can you tell me demlock's rank on your group?) 

Oh yes. I can confirm it. I'll say it again for those in the back: BOO upper management decided to party crash when we heard that ATOM was being paid to field security for the event. The difference in wording you see can be summed up succinctly: Know thy audience. What you see are propaganda as much as anyone else's event listings. 

Demlock is my second in command. 

Hate us if you want to - that's your prerogative. We certainly don't expect anything less once there's full PvP available. 

We'll be waiting. 

We didn't sign up to be the good guys. You'll have to find those yourselves. 

What Sylva said. We're here to fight. We'll be here to fight you. All of you, preferably.

What about events etc that don't want to be disturbed? Do it in safe zones or maybe there's room for DU to create a third type of zone, where people can willingly PvP (or choose not to). But that's for another forum. Right here right now BOO will look for good fights wherever and whenever BOO believes good fights can happen.

Also I always wanted to try roasted ewok.

Hi there, one of the leaders of boo here.  Just so everyone is clear and not surprised in the future: if you have an event in pvp space expect us there. I don’t think it will matter what it is. We get our joy from fighting. Honestly I don’t think it will matter if the event is “1000 ships to go hunt boo” we will be there. I’m not sure why your upset with boo being there and not upset with your hired “protectors” for not doing their job. You know what came from this event? Ppl in boo that took a break came back to go raid...and I’m pretty sure some will now come back from the ac as well. I’m sure that a few ppl were upset from the event but they probably now know that the pvp zone is just that: a high risk area(and at the moment there is really no point to be there). But at the end of the day we were just looking for a fight. That’s what we want from the game... we didn’t break any rules of civilization or any of that... besides you can’t have good guys without bad guys and trust me: we are a bunch of assholes

3 hours ago, [BOO] Sylva said:

We didn't sign up to be the good guys.

2 hours ago, pmota said:

What about events etc that don't want to be disturbed? Do it in safe zones

6 minutes ago, SMPR01 said:

if you have an event in pvp space expect us there.

Tnx for the honest replies. 

I really dont have a problem with your ideology. 

But i believe the game will not survive this. 

And its not your fault, at least most of it is not. If you did not existed, someone else would do what you did. 

The main fault here is from NQ for:

Making a game without any secondary sources of fun. For you, PVPers. And for us.

Not understanding how naive was to assume players would build a civilization and fail to create mechanisms to ensure that. 

Not giving us hope, making most of us assume the game will never be more than this. 

6 hours ago, [BOO] Sylva said:

Oh yes. I can confirm it. I'll say it again for those in the back: BOO upper management decided to party crash when we heard that ATOM was being paid to field security for the event. The difference in wording you see can be summed up succinctly: Know thy audience. What you see are propaganda as much as anyone else's event listings. 

To be clear the reason ATOM was there was because the last public event BOO attempted to form and crash it but just couldn't get the numbers. The only being there because atom was narrative is a little weak.
unknown-18.png

BOO has a real activity problem and can't seem to keep their members playing, their actual presence in space is very rare. They can field the numbers to put out a fleet every month or so.

The real story here is how badly BOO got beaten without AC even having to form. half our fleet were starwars event ships and the non atom AC people were just participating in the event and reshipped once we saw BOO on grid.

I hope the event encourages more BOO members to play and stop resorting to discord and forum shit posting.  it would be nice have an enemy that's an actual threat.

6 hours ago, [BOO] Sylva said:

Hate us if you want to - that's your prerogative. We certainly don't expect anything less once there's full PvP available. 

We'll be waiting. 

We didn't sign up to be the good guys. You'll have to find those yourselves. 

being the "bad guys" doesn't mean trolling and flaming are okay. that's just being jerks -- i don't care about in-game PvP no matter the context, so long as it stays in game. 

PvP isn't trash talking -- trash talking is boring and juvenile and clearly against forum rules, but then NQ doesn't really moderate unless it involves legal topics or their own personal comfort. 

did you actually read through the 8+ pages of trash, here? 

3 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

I really dont have a problem with your ideology. 

But i believe the game will not survive this. 

i get that Infidel was a solid half of this mess of garbage, but it just looks like a bunch of teenagers bickering...not an org of pirates doing PvP for fun. Beyond the merit of crashing the event, all this immature BS isn't a good look for anyone. 

NQ must think that trash talking is "emergent gameplay" because it is their fault for doing no moderation at all as people call each other autistic etc. -- so I guess it falls to org leadership to keep their members in line. 

are you actually an org of PvP pirates that will take no prisoners and make no apologies....or are you just trash-talking kids...?  

20 minutes ago, Mulligan said:

To be clear the reason ATOM was there was because the last public event BOO attempted to form and crash it but just couldn't get the numbers. The only being there because atom was narrative is a little weak.
unknown-18.png

BOO has a real activity problem and can't seem to keep their members playing, their actual presence in space is very rare. They can field the numbers to put out a fleet every month or so.

The real story here is how badly BOO got beaten without AC even having to form. half our fleet were starwars event ships and the non atom AC people were just participating in the event and reshipped once we saw BOO on grid.

I hope the event encourages more BOO members to play and stop resorting to discord and forum shit posting.  it would be nice have an enemy that's an actual threat.

giphy.gif

38 minutes ago, ShippyLongstalking said:

being the "bad guys" doesn't mean trolling and flaming are okay. that's just being jerks

Its not my style to be rude to ppl. But I dont subscribe to your criticism. 

Its not, and should not be Sylva's job to control what happens outside of the game. 

Some of the ppl on this topic, defending BOO's actions, are not even on BOO's org, being just ppl that defend pvp. And others are not BOO's leaders. 

My issue is how the ingame actions affect subscriptions. Subscriptions needed to pay for the development of the game. 

Discord, reddit, TeamSpeak, WhatsApp those are things outside of NQ's control. 

And even if you say "how about du discord channel", i say who cares... There are other channels ppl can still join and have a fight. 

As a general rule, Internet is a jungle with moderated cities.

This forum is one of those moderated cities.

But out there, in the jungle, you are on your own. If you are to fragile for the internet, its your responsibility to run away. 

If you cant survive the memes they paste, you should close discord. 

2 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

As a general rule, Internet is a jungle with moderated cities.

This forum is one of those moderated cities.

But out there, in the jungle, you are on your own. If you are to fragile for the internet, its your responsibility to run away. 

no, that's my point...the forum isn't one of those "moderated cities".

If it were, there'd be...I don't know...actual moderation going on? Maybe stopping people when they call each other autistic? 

if NQ isn't going to moderate, it falls on org leadership to have some semblance of decency, at least here on official channels...if they can't or don't want to, there's nothing anyone can do. 

I never mentioned discord or other channels that NQ can't/won't moderate. if people want to flame, they should keep it to unofficial channels instead of dumping it here. 

1 hour ago, Mulligan said:

Yeap. We cancelled the event due to lack of people wanting to go to that event. Shit happens. Also, it was on a Friday during a work day for NA. Can't have everything. 

LOL. Yeap, you got us. Our people only want to mine enough to PvP once in a while. I honestly can't blame them. We're mostly PvPers and a majority of us don't enjoy the rest of the 'game' enough to 'play' mining simulator 3,000 just to chase haulers that delete their cargo when they come under fire, or warp away. Not really our idea of engaging game play. So we play other games, we play DU when we feel like doing the things that DU has to offer, and PvP every once in a while. 

"Oh Noes! BOO is DYING!" 

Sure thing.

I already stated that if the AC had brought their A Game, then BOO would have been in trouble. We were just looking for cheap thrills and memes. And here we are. 

Also, don't worry, we're still here. Seriously. We're just waiting for the game to actually get good. 

You guys play your way. We'll play ours.

That's the point of a sandbox MMO. 

tenor.gif

11 minutes ago, Atmosph3rik said:

I did.

8 minutes ago, ELX987 said:

same, not ok to slander disablities ?

So far, everything that i flagged got a response within 24h. Except the last one, took like 5 days. 

Maybe they are low in moderators. 

But, i dont think org leaders should be moderating. 

I was never moderated by my org leaders. 

This forum exists for us to give our opinion as players. As game testers. Its quite personal. Org leaders have their own opinions and should give them. But not moderate their org. 

Just now, joaocordeiro said:

So far, everything that i flagged got a response within 24h. Except the last one, took like 5 days. 

Maybe they are low in moderators. 

But, i dont think org leaders should be moderating. 

I was never moderated by my org leaders. 

This forum exists for uas to give our opinion as players. As game testers. Its quite personal. Org leaders have their own opinions and should give them. But not moderate their org. 

i think that org leaders should keep their expectations for their members the same everywhere in game, in BOO we have a Code that gives us general guidelines of how to act and be respectful, we meme and shittalk yes, but we keep it civil and if someone asks to be left alone verbally i and others in BOO will respect that, we have our fun and get borderline with stuff yes, but we never pass those lines :)

and if your org leaders dont watch you, how do they know you are growing as a person?

? look at all this nice content we created. All the cry babies that try flagging everything, maybe read the warning that pops up on your screen every time you leave the PVE bubble. They gave you 3 planets of safe zone. holy cow. Also, AC HYP ATOM FAILED at defending the event yet they keep running their mouths. Oh man so much good content... keep it up, please!

Just now, Taisen said:

? look at all this nice content we created. All the cry babies that try flagging everything, maybe read the warning that pops up on your screen every time you leave the PVE bubble. They gave you 3 planets of safe zone. holy cow. Also, AC HYP ATOM FAILED at defending the event yet they keep running their mouths. Oh man so much good content... keep it up, please!

we're not talking about pvp at all, we're talking about pointless trash talking and teenage BS trolling that has nothing to do with the game or with PvP.

this has nothing to do with safe zones or PVE.

I guess to some people "pvp" means acting like a cliche middle-school bully raging at the many things they don't care to understand, but i find that really boring and pointless -- as far from "content" as it comes. 

Doesn't really matter what ppl say. At least 201 ships attended, 7 of which were BOO/allied. The rest were hostile, I dont care that most were XS and garbage, with those rescources, our ships shouldn't have had a chance yet AC runs like they were hunted by satan himself only to return after they see us leave the battlefield.

5 minutes ago, ShippyLongstalking said:

we're not talking about pvp at all, we're talking about pointless trash talking and teenage BS trolling that has nothing to do with the game or with PvP.

this has nothing to do with safe zones or PVE.

I guess to some people "pvp" means acting like a cliche middle-school bully raging at the many things they don't care to understand, but i find that really boring and pointless -- as far from "content" as it comes. 

I get it, you were bullied in school. Talk to a professional to work that out. This isn’t a counseling service.

7 minutes ago, Taisen said:

Nope. We are not trying to flag everything. 

We are in did flagging everything we think needs moderation. 

Its not like we are trying to click the report button but we fail. 

Up to the mod to to see if there is any forum infraction. If he decides there is, its up to you to explain to the infractor to explain his interpretation of the rules. 

9 minutes ago, Taisen said:

I get it, you were bullied in school. Talk to a professional to work that out. This isn’t a counseling service.

What about ppl not respecting this forum rules? 

All ok?

Should we start posting nudes because "if you are not comfortable seeing naked ppl you should talk to a therapist?"