Voxel corruption is wide spread!

BlindingBright

On 2/27/2021 at 11:44 AM, trinks said:

so 10 days and counting for a support ticket logged for this issue with absolutely no update.

hello support ?? anyone home..

i said this before but be sure to turn off auto-renew on your sub. no point paying for a game that isn't interested in supporting players; you'll be able to log in for free anyway because nobody over there gives two fucks anymore. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah this is pretty much crap. My station is all jacked up also. But they seem to be more worried about ships around the districts. When they could just let us salvage the ships left there for over a month and just about solve the whole thing. But honestly what is going on over there? No one is even getting pissed on enough to get mad and moderate.... sad.

I honestly don’t understand their reasoning. There have been chances to garner goodwill which have been squandered repeatedly and even times when they have needlessly created ill will when they could have earned brownie points. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

When you say "still," do you mean just people "were once suffering it and are still suffering it today" or do you include people who are now suffering it but haven't suffered it before?

3 minutes ago, GraXXoR said:

When you say "still," do you mean just people "were once suffering it and are still suffering it today" or do you include people who are now suffering it but haven't suffered it before?

Both of those categories.

1 minute ago, Megabosslord said:

I’ve only ever seen ‘invalid cell version’ before while mining. Now it’s in my ship. (Section of the construct corrupted/invisible and can’t be pasted over or voxels added.) 

I have that on a small outpost, but I was able to patch over the affected area in that case.

3 hours ago, Thunderblaze said:

Both of those categories.

Last I checked we still had it at the main city center in a few places.  NQ actually managed to fix some it for a few hours (a month or so ago I believe) but it came right back.  Did they fix it again?  Will log in later to have a look.

@Thunderblaze

Alright I had my hopes up because the REALLy buggy hole at the parts warehouse looks fixed but over at one of the manufacturing plants I found:

image.thumb.png.8c138a39d4c996705da3c9625fdd7c1d.png

and of course there has always been this

image.thumb.png.75e0185a793f26b4a0ba19d9c9f53b43.png

I did not see some of the old ones but not sure if that means that is fixed or that I don't know how to "trigger" it.

Gaelyn just now mentioned that he is still getting it on his MTI cathedral.

13 hours ago, Revelcro said:

@Thunderblaze

Alright I had my hopes up because the REALLy buggy hole at the parts warehouse looks fixed but over at one of the manufacturing plants I found:

I did not see some of the old ones but not sure if that means that is fixed or that I don't know how to "trigger" it.

I was overflying that area just now!
I reckon MP3 might be one of the most developed spots on Madis.

Now with our train running North East of our base, we have a 12 tile stretch!

GCToktV.jpg

I always thought that patch of voxels would resolve to a QR code or something. LOL

I've only had the invalid cell on planetary voxels...   But usually a reset fixes it.  Sometimes I have to plop a massive ice cream scoop of voxels over it and whisk them away to remove the blemish...  

One section of planetary voxels with a bug had a window to the soul that if you stepped through, you fell into the core of the Madis. Always wondered what would happen if you threw a dynamic core construct in there.

37 minutes ago, Revelcro said:

@Thunderblaze

ship parts factory hole was me fixing ww's wall misalignment lol. When I entered build mode when Snipey was nearby it crashed my game and caused that silicon on the pad (he's redoing landing zone). Pretty sure hole in trinks' factory is a random door opening.

Xpost from similar thread on cell corruption: 

PSA! If like me you have a chunk within a construct that appears to have become permanently corrupted, i.e.: will no longer accept new voxels and restore, here is a possible workaround: Note that drawing a new voxel into a corrupted chunk will temporarily restore the chunk, but pasting voxels into a corrupted chunk appears to propagate the corruption and make it semi-permanent. This is important because EMPTY SPACE CAN ALSO BECOME CORRUPTED. I had an invisible corrupted chunk that rejected a paste of some voxels then escalated from there to appearing permanent. However, if you restart, then ON FIRST RELOAD BEFORE ANY NEW CELL VERSION ERRORS built a dendritic structure throughout the empty space in the area (pic) until you trigger another 'invalid cell version' prompt - indicating you have fixed the invisible corrupted space - you will then be able to proceed as normal (until the next time your corrupted construct loads and potentially becomes corrupt again.)

image.thumb.png.a578530350022c6b4164cb2bc614516e.png

On 3/3/2021 at 1:16 AM, Niemand said:

i am just waiting for this message: "Hello players, we are broke, servers going down forever in 2 weeks, thank you for playing".

I've found in life that people generally deliver what you expect of them. If you doubt them, and expect them to fail, they usually will. If however you believe in them, and give them the benefit of the doubt, they will generally rise to the occasion. (Googe 'self-fulfilling prophecy experiment' by Drs John Darley and Bibb Latané. Also, Pygmalion or Rosenthal effect.) 

I choose to believe NQ will overcome current challenges, achieve their ambitious vision, and it will be glorious.