Voxel corruption is wide spread!

BlindingBright

Well, it's a bug that stops me from playing, unfortunately...

I have two statics that are corrupted both in and out of build mode, and one of them has voxel sections appearing in build mode that were deleted weeks ago. I have tickets that have not been answered yet. This is the worst voxel corruption I've seen - even throughout pre-alpha it was never this bad.

Someone in the help channel said that the issue should have been fixed today, but I see no change, and no word from NQ. We really need NQ to tell us what's going on:

1) When will it be safe to build again without risking corruption?

2) What about corrupted constructs? Will they be fixed? Or do we have to try and fix them ourselves by adding/deleting voxels?

I'd also like to know, but doubt they will tell us...

3) How did this happen? Why are voxel elements that were deleted weeks ago re-appearing?

Come on NQ, pls be open about this, it's a game-breaking issue for some of us.

4 hours ago, Ving said:

Well, it's a bug that stops me from playing, unfortunately...

I have two statics that are corrupted both in and out of build mode, and one of them has voxel sections appearing in build mode that were deleted weeks ago. I have tickets that have not been answered yet. This is the worst voxel corruption I've seen - even throughout pre-alpha it was never this bad.

Someone in the help channel said that the issue should have been fixed today, but I see no change, and no word from NQ. We really need NQ to tell us what's going on:

1) When will it be safe to build again without risking corruption?

2) What about corrupted constructs? Will they be fixed? Or do we have to try and fix them ourselves by adding/deleting voxels?

I'd also like to know, but doubt they will tell us...

3) How did this happen? Why are voxel elements that were deleted weeks ago re-appearing?

Come on NQ, pls be open about this, it's a game-breaking issue for some of us.

Have you cleared your cache?

I have definitely been seeing these issues lately too.  But only with voxels that i've added or deleted very recently.  And only outside of build mode.

54 minutes ago, Atmosph3rik said:

Have you cleared your cache?

I have definitely been seeing these issues lately too.  But only with voxels that i've added or deleted very recently.  And only outside of build mode.

cache clear doesnt help affects multiple clients aswell

6 hours ago, Haunty said:

I don't really expect or need a response since it is a bug that doesn't stop me from playing. A general "known issue" announcement would be nice though.

It literally caused one of our members to be trapped in a return to surface bug due to the ground area they were in being bugged/returned to a previous state. Likewise it has been widespread since they announced they were doing maintenance  and to expect voxel weirdness for 15 minutes. We literally watched an area of our base revert parts of it to two months ago.  We have hundreds of constructs in this area, so it's probably affecting us more than most....dualuniverse-2021-02-22-19h14m23s.png

12 hours ago, BlindingBright said:

It literally caused one of our members to be trapped in a return to surface bug due to the ground area they were in being bugged/returned to a previous state. Likewise it has been widespread since they announced they were doing maintenance  and to expect voxel weirdness for 15 minutes. We literally watched an area of our base revert parts of it to two months ago.  We have hundreds of constructs in this area, so it's probably affecting us more than most....dualuniverse-2021-02-22-19h14m23s.png

This is the wildest one of the cores

this is "cutting-edge" tech 6 years in the making for sure

From 2017:

This news comes as the company is preparing to launch their Alpha version; currently expected by the end of Q4 2017.

4 years later...still working on the alpha, still trying to get voxels working, still unable to support the dwindling customers that are paying for the game. 

i hope your ticket gets addressed before the turn of the century, but they'll probably just tell you to clear cache and then look into it for another few weeks.  

I just logged in to the PTS and many of the holes / corrupted areas on our constructs in Live are also holes / corrupted on PTS, even though the PTS snapshot is from weeks (possibly months) ago.

Strange that we see voxels reverting to old versions of constructs on Live the same week they launch an old snapshot of the game on the PTS...

4 hours ago, Ving said:

I just logged in to the PTS and many of the holes / corrupted areas on our constructs in Live are also holes / corrupted on PTS, even though the PTS snapshot is from weeks (possibly months) ago.

Strange that we see voxels reverting to old versions of constructs on Live the same week they launch an old snapshot of the game on the PTS...

[Stranger things theme intensifies]

it's a good thing DU (apparently) doesn't require an active sub to keep playing, because NQ doesn't seem all that interested in supporting it. 

did they even send an obligatory "our engineers are looking into it" reply? you know, the reply that takes all of 45 seconds to copy/paste? i don't care if they only have one person working support, after 7-8 days there should be some reply. 

the stability of the game is supposed to improve as it nears release.

Between voxel corruption and the same exploits popping up again, i am doubting that DU will ever be a stable product at its core. i mean, they've had six months to stabilize the basics of the game they already spent 6 years on. 

after all this time, the most fundamental features (building / mining) should be near-flawless. there's no conceivable excuse for this level of problem at this stage of the product. 

7 minutes ago, ShippyLongstalking said:

it's a good thing DU (apparently) doesn't require an active sub to keep playing, because NQ doesn't seem all that interested in supporting it. 

did they even send an obligatory "our engineers are looking into it" reply? you know, the reply that takes all of 45 seconds to copy/paste? i don't care if they only have one person working support, after 7-8 days there should be some reply. 

the stability of the game is supposed to improve as it nears release.

Between voxel corruption and the same exploits popping up again, i am doubting that DU will ever be a stable product at its core. i mean, they've had six months to stabilize the basics of the game they already spent 6 years on. 

after all this time, the most fundamental features (building / mining) should be near-flawless. there's no conceivable excuse for this level of problem at this stage of the product. 

I just turned on auto-renew yesterday to keep supporting the game, then instantly turned it off. Without telling me or prompting me the game charged my account for a year of service... when  I originally signed up for 3 months. Fairly sure that's not legal.... but I won't touch the legal aspects because that seams to be the only reason any thread on the forums gets closed.

3 minutes ago, BlindingBright said:

I just turned on auto-renew yesterday to keep supporting the game, then instantly turned it off. Without telling me or prompting me the game charged my account for a year of service... when  I originally signed up for 3 months. Fairly sure that's not legal.... but I won't touch the legal aspects because that seams to be the only reason any thread on the forums gets closed.

Don't let them keep that money. 

Contest the charge with your credit card company. They tend to give subscription-type billing much higher scrutiny.

I expect Xsolla will try to contest and say the charge is valid, but give your credit card provider as much information as possible and hopefully they side with you. At that point NQ will have to pay a fee, too, which will hopefully raise some eyebrows and get them to fix their awesomely shitty billing system. 

1 hour ago, ShippyLongstalking said:

Question of CMing torments me since Alpha and brought upon me even some troubles.

As I understand it, its more of some twisted internal policy to "not waste time on peasants", then real lack of stuff or ability to provide forum/discord presence of CMs. Granted, as usual with NQ, thing is absolutly not transparent (we do know who doing what, fired, on vocation, kidnapped by aliens etc.) On paper we have 4 CMs. At least Naunet role initialy was stated exactly to work more directly with people, maybe something changed.

At any case, considering how tiny is our community and volume of this forum, realisticly, 1 CM can easly cover almost every topic (even with some posting and participation) in 2 hours on average day, some days much less. 

Generaly, CMs now more in fire team mode on "legal issues" or something like that or some extreame verbal violence.

1 hour ago, BlindingBright said:

Thats seriously messed up.

1 hour ago, Thomsult said:

Hello, I recently had the same problem as you, I have a lot of voxels that no longer appear when I load my station, how can we solve this problem thank you

Lame. What sucks is that it seems to affect people with larger constructs. 

Unfortunately, you can't solve the problem. Game just doesn't work sometimes, haha. There's no idea when NQ will come around to offer a fix or if they ever will. Unfortunately, NQ doesn't put much priority on supporting paying customers. Just how it is. 

This is just NQ preparing to use this voxel issue as a "non repairable" issue that will require a full wipe. which they desperately want to do but feel they need an excuse for.

The spin will be they worked "tirelessly" for days to try and correct the problem but can't. It took so much of their time they could not even find 1 minute to acknowledge and communicate the issue.

20 hours ago, blazemonger said:

This is just NQ preparing to use this voxel issue as a "non repairable" issue that will require a full wipe.

If NQ is unable to do basic service and maintenance without losing voxel DB integrity (only the most important asset in the entire game) at this stage, then a wipe would be the least of their problems..

On 2/25/2021 at 9:15 PM, Thomsult said:

Hello, I recently had the same problem as you, I have a lot of voxels that no longer appear when I load my station, how can we solve this problem thank you

Sans titre.jpg

This kind of bug is urgent to correct ...

You are going to lose the PvE players while you haven't let the PvP players have fun yet.

4 hours ago, CptLoRes said:

If NQ is unable to do basic service and maintenance without losing voxel DB integrity (only the most important asset in the entire game) at this stage, then a wipe would be the least of their problems..

While true, I would also not at all be surprised if this is the case.