What kind of game is this to you?

Sabretooth

What kind of game is this to you?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. what kind of game is DU to you?

• A PvP game, shooting others out of the sky!
    • A industrial game, setting up your most efficient factory complex.
    • A voxel building game, design and build whatever you want.
    • An adventure game, roam the galaxy and discover new places and builds
    • Other.....

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/19/21 at 11:00 PM

Historically this type of questions, trying to frame the unframable usually have an agenda. I wander if this one also has one. 

"What kind of game is this to you?"... 

This assumes the definition of "the kind of game" is not set by NQ but a open topic with several divergent opinions. 

A proper question could be:

"What kind of game would you like DU to evolve to? " 

OR

"What aspect of the game do you enjoy the most? " 

Those 2 questions have personal opinions as answer. 

Yours does not. 

30 minutes ago, Dimencia said:

Really it's kinda a lua game for me but, well, secondary is industry.  Lua option won't help your poll ;)

See, now thats something i didnt think of!

Yes there is a lot of programming in the game done by players, shows that you can actually choose  more 'roles' in this galaxy than i have thought of.

16 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Historically this type of questions, trying to frame the unframable usually have an agenda. I wander if this one also has one. 

"What kind of game is this to you?"... 

This assumes the definition of "the kind of game" is not set by NQ but a open topic with several divergent opinions. 

A proper question could be:

"What kind of game would you like DU to evolve to? " 

OR

"What aspect of the game do you enjoy the most? " 

Those 2 questions have personal opinions as answer. 

Yours does not. 

Well, for me its like, what do WE(the players) expect and how do we combine our wishes or make them come true.

Talking and discussing about it does no harm.

1 minute ago, joaocordeiro said:

So more about the "What kind of game would you like DU to evolve to? " 

Yes, something like that. But not a whole discussion with suggestions of what it should be, just what it is to you right now.

I didnt include a silly option like "a mining game". I would than say that i am bashing.

I checked voxel building, but it's just as much flying airplanes and spaceships in a fairly realistic flight model. The poll doesn't really cover that. Also social stuff - the poll doesn't cover that either.

The building is better than KSP, although KSP is better on space flight. They're about the same on airplanes. (Social in KSP sucks of course).

Fight is better than in SC (where building is non-existent).

Building isn't quite as good as SL, but the space flight model in SL really sucks and SL can be very expensive to secure flyable airspace.

For me (initial magic and promise) of DU is in organizational based gameplay, politics, wars, 4-dimensional chess, drama and all this stuff.

Yet, as I percieve it, game strayed far from this path -- I strongly disagree with current direction (or lack of it). So I kinda stay here because of community ties, some meta game and love for ranting (my sin). Game itself for me ends on daily log in for money -- currently its not something I backed.

2 minutes ago, Sabretooth said:

I didnt include a silly option like "a mining game". I would than say that i am bashing.

I do know some ppl that find it rewarding to scan, dig, find and mine ore. 

Specially ppl with jobs that are hard to set or achieve near term objectives. 

For those ppl that spent their entire work day asking "whats the point", being able to set a objective (finding iron) and accomplishing it is very rewarding. 

44 minutes ago, Sabretooth said:

I like the building and the (flying) adventure part myself

Thats pvp too.  Unless you plan on flying only the couple starter planets, if you wanna adventure out, its in a pvp zone.  Wanna build? thats pvp too, taking resources from someone else, or claiming a land someone else maybe wanted. PvP.

15 minutes ago, JohnnyTazer said:

Thats pvp too.  Unless you plan on flying only the couple starter planets, if you wanna adventure out, its in a pvp zone.  Wanna build? thats pvp too, taking resources from someone else, or claiming a land someone else maybe wanted. PvP.

He directly means to be a test pilot and try not to crash. 

Like the entire KSP game. 

Pve flight. 

Witch is a very different experience to Pvp flight. 

More ground, mountains and reentry, less radar, ammo, pain. 

10 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Do you also play EVE? If not why? 

I played Eve for many years since it was released but eventually lost interest. I was wanting something new like 1st person sci-fi and I learned about Star Citizen, but then I got more into sandbox/building type games.

26 minutes ago, Sabretooth said:

Now i see that PVP is widely interpreted by some.

Yea. 

Some ppl think pressing the "login" button is a PVP action. If you in login queue position 10 and someguy is in 11, you won. 

PVP became non combat player competition because of the PVE definition. 

Being player vs environment. 

So, when ever another player is involved they call it PVP. 

So 2 kids, playing their parts on the school theater are engaging in PVP. 

50 minutes ago, Sabretooth said:

Now i see that PVP is widely interpreted by some.

But I just meant pvp warfare, like (for example) in the game Galactic Junk League. In which you could build voxel based spaceships to fight in battle. Ive read it was a kind of robocraft with spaceships. 

I'm not sure what you're referring to now, but PvP includes CvC, AvA, the economy, teritorial combat and political combat. 

This includes:
- Base raiding
- ship raiding
- ship battle

The industry, the exploration, scouting, spying, and the other interpersonal things you do, you do them for a reason. It's supposed to give you an advantage in the end when it comes to a battle.

All of the above can be destroyed. And that is the motor to go on. This is not an undertaking that you do alone. (Theoretically you could, but like in Eve, that becomes an endeavour that involves several, including orgs and alliances). 

But I do PvP because I want to destroy.

Edit: Please address something directly next time if you think so. Otherwise, I'll also start with the point that some people think that such surveys are useful.