GAME IS NOW F2P

RANDOMGUY8

LIKE title says game is F2P wether by design or not i dont know and dont care. I am one of those players who left after 0.23 and keeps popping in to see how things are going. after the recent paid shill drama am done with them now and will expose this BS. I and about 12 or so others i still chat with on the daily all unsubbed from game around this time. However, most of us about 8 or 9 can all still play the game. now i double checked my bank and no payments have been requested or made to NQ or anywhere for that matter relating to a DU sub it was 100 percent stopped. now theres 2 things here. 1 NQ know this and dont care so if u unsub they still let you in to bolster there numbers or 2 they're so inept they cant even get getting paid right and if the latter is the case i'm affraid i am out RIP. but if u enjoy the game and still hold out hope then yeh keep paying but if not cancel and u will still be able to play. this  post may be removed soon by admin so yeh. GG NQ u

Yow I get where you're coming from. But before you say paid shill drama, go to the forum post on that paid shill drama and read Naunet's responce. Just something to consider there. Apart from that yeah man I feel you. Patch .23 just made the game so much more tedious and boring. I'm only now done scripts and even that barely. Love the community though.

Stay spicy.

8 hours ago, RANDOMGUY8 said:

LIKE title says game is F2P wether by design or not i dont know and dont care. I am one of those players who left after 0.23 and keeps popping in to see how things are going. after the recent paid shill drama am done with them now and will expose this BS. I and about 12 or so others i still chat with on the daily all unsubbed from game around this time. However, most of us about 8 or 9 can all still play the game. now i double checked my bank and no payments have been requested or made to NQ or anywhere for that matter relating to a DU sub it was 100 percent stopped. now theres 2 things here. 1 NQ know this and dont care so if u unsub they still let you in to bolster there numbers or 2 they're so inept they cant even get getting paid right and if the latter is the case i'm affraid i am out RIP. but if u enjoy the game and still hold out hope then yeh keep paying but if not cancel and u will still be able to play. this  post may be removed soon by admin so yeh. GG NQ u

lol "paid shill drama" should have read "made up forum BS"

“Paid shill drama” wow, that’s a lot to unpack right there. 

Great claims need great proof. And claims casually made can be casually dismissed. 

Where is the proof?

I want to see an audit trail showing who got paid and for what. Or at least receipts or a bank statement or a signed affidavit showing payments from a company or person connected to NQ to someone who then subsequently shilled without using an [AD] tag. 

Or is this just more opinion being passed off as facts without even checking? 

Le sigh. 

43 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

Here you go.,. just to clear that up.. Paid shill may be a stretch.. but "paid for" is accurate it would seem..

Note the 

image.png.f4c85735f0f40718bba44ca40301e650.png

HAHAH OMG 20 sec in and hes shilling it "The most massive of massive multiplayers there is " OMG tht just screams shill right there.

I just wonder how he got those kid gloves on when he recorded that.

I think my fav quote was:

"I will say though dual universe has impressed me. It really has pulled off something amazing and if this is what we can expect from the next generation of massive multiplayer games I think that our future is probably going to have a lot of games like this that are almost science fiction it is amazing that this is even technically possible and I think dual universe is setting the bar for a whole new genre of games."

/kneeslapper

Been hearing that same thing from hucksters for years mostly the company spokesman but this guy does just as good of a job. bravo.

Wait what did i miss about Bluedrake? 

NQ didn't actually give that clown money after he made all those "OMG guyz DU iz fake!!1!1" videos back before the game was even playable.

Can i get a TLDR? i can't stand that kid's voice.

50 minutes ago, Atmosph3rik said:

Wait what did i miss about Bluedrake? 

NQ didn't actually give that clown money after he made all those "OMG guyz DU iz fake!!1!1" videos back before the game was even playable.

Can i get a TLDR? i can't stand that kid's voice.

He bassically has been paid to shill for NQ in a recent video and also there is contraversy over the german news article apprently NQ paid for although they deny this. i mean how can they even afford to pay these people when the game is now free to play ? lol what a trainwreck and i though star citizen was bad haha. 

1 hour ago, Atmosph3rik said:

It would seem that NQ believes it is a good idea to pay "influencers" like this guy to promote the game, yes.

I watched the video and he just said he was given a free subscription which alone could qualify as a promotion, otherwise we just don't know. And his comments seemed mostly accurate to me, not all positive or wishy washy.

He had a paid promotion tag, so I have no beef with his video.

Im sorry, I’ve been out of the English language loop for a while now. 

I thought a shill was someone designed to look like having grassroots support but who is actually “astroturfing” (fake grassroots) whereas someone who actually states openly that they’re sponsored or paid to advertise is merely that a paid advertiser or paid “reviewer.” Whose opinions are to be scrutinized more carefully. 

Hmm if I recall they weren't going to start charging those of us who got in during the alpha till the game goes "live".  And seeing it is in beta still I think we have some time.  

Now those who jumped on the bandwagon at the launch of beta they had to pay monthly during beta... At least that is the way I understood it. 

My special speculation today: they busy with something so epicly butthurting (for us to discover), that this is now their main priority, even more important, then some lost cents, community page down for year or lots of other things.

Next big news will be utterly shocking.

This whole subscription during a shitty beta was a bad Idea. Don't get me wrong, I like that its going to be a subscription game, im all for that.  But for a released game.  It would have been infinitely better for themselves and would have made just as much, if not more, by charging a beta package at $39.99.  Then announced once "release" hits you would have to have an active subscription to access the game.  People would be more understanding of beta level gameplay.

21 hours ago, JohnnyTazer said:

This whole subscription during a shitty beta was a bad Idea.

As many of us told them once we got wind of this coming during Pre-Alpha.

But no doubt NQ dreamt of massive subscriber numbers and actively changes their plans and created a new "ruleset" to allow that to happen.. And then it didn't..

They they tried to fix it shortly after beta launch by passing up on the scheduled wipe.. which had zero effect.

I would honestly be very surprised if they have anything beyond maybe 3K subs and I think I am being optimistic on that number. That they do not actually disable access for expired accounts should be a signal.. And I would not buy a "we did not yet complete the process" spin here.

I agree with @le_souriceau .. something is coming, probably with 0.24, that they will try and keep hidden until the very last moment..

what a wild ride. 

honestly, being on a sub has probably helped DU's rep more than anything -- if it were free to play, you'd have a lot more first-time players cruising in, especially while most people are stuck at home looking for things to do.

No barrier to entry will attract a ton of people, but you only get one first impression. having the sub as gate...it will never help them earn or retain players, but are they really ready for people to play this game yet en masse...? there's no way. These FTP players aren't the space nerds you're looking for; if people think we forum randos are too negative, they haven't seen anything yet. 

Even if they plan to change the pricing model in 0.24...why deploy changes to login/auth now?

Is very odd and frankly a kick in the teeth to people that paid for a year in advance like an optimistic idiot ?

• 2 weeks later...