A German news outlet puts a false spin on DU's condition

ELX987

17 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

The guy can do what he likes and how he likes. That NQ puts him in charge of social media though, is a concern to me while it aligns nicely with the topic at hand as it shows willingness to buy influencers/positive marketing.

Frankly speaking: whats the problem? Thats how it works today. The Problems I have, especially as EU-Citizen, is how its handled. Influencer have to tag their stuff as ad when they get paid for, even if its  not money, and even if they are not paid for it but hope to get paid someday etc... You can see a lot of trials in the past 2 years here in Germany.

The Thing that concerns me on the marketing side is that it looks like this is the only channel they use, and from other companies we know that it does not work out that well if you fokus on people who wants to build up their community with your product and you dont have people with a community promoting yours. However, this is a magazine, not a streamer or influencer, I expect professional standards for journalism, even if the magazine as such is driven by "experts", the quality so far on other games is good. Reading something like that was a real surprise for me.

So far, I dont feel valued as a customer, or even informed, through those channels. And for me it does not matter if Articles like these are paid/Arranged by NQ or not: It just feels like someone is joking on me and other people by telling them BS. This is bad Journalism first, and maybe bad marcom as well, but still, this is a magazine, this is a german publisher, we are not used to stuff like that anymore (it was common last century (and yes, I already lived last century, and I/my former copany even have some sort of history (insides, articles) with that publisher), and it hurts the game, NQ and the magazine.

9 minutes ago, Filokwarq2 said:

The Thing that concerns me on the marketing side is that it looks like this is the only channel they use,

We have always known NQ thinks that using Social Media is their golden ticket while they really have very limited understanding of the medium and so put their trust (and future) in the hands of people who seem to have been able to make them believe they can make their objectives materialize. That the methods used for this can be questionable may well be out of their visibility and they only get presented with "look what a nice YT video on the product" which can then be recycled on Twitter and other social media platforms without ever being clear this is a paid endorsement.

It seems too me NQ does not have any long term goals or objectives, they are not thinking more that the next patch/resub cycle ahead. This may well be due to their limited funding which requires short term results to recoup these cost. What they are doing now is exactly that, it may trigger a singel increase in subs but then as these players come into the game the reality drives most of them away again quickly.

This thread has been locked: do not put NQ staff member LinkedIn profiles here! I shouldn't even have to say that. I'm really disappointed.

You can express your upset with the game and speculate about us all you'd like, but leave windows to our personal lives OUT of this arena. Please.

I don't want to come to work worried about what I'll see of myself here - some of us may be public facing, but I implore all of you to treat us with respect. Respect our privacy, please.

Pick apart problems, not people. 

Additionally, as this thread was shared internally I have received a response regarding the validity of the claims presented here: "I can confirm that we did not pay anything. We're not even in contact with this journalist."

This publication created a feature without our involvement, and it's clear to anyone reading that they're not up to speed on what's actually happening inside of Dual Universe as of 2021-02-16. ?‍♀️

Feel free to disregard the article, or just enjoy it for a laugh if you'd like.