Overall Synthetic Diagram of the Industry (OSDI)

Haiii y'all, dear Noveans,

As an industrial in Dual Universe,

I work (sometimes hard) on the optilmisation

of my Industry (production capacity, processing time, occupied volume, etc.) in DU.

To do this, I have to produce extra-game documents

as an items data bank, a crafting calcultor, etc..
Some of them have ever been done

by other players / organisations like Hyperion, dual.sh, etc.

Brief ...

Yesterday I lingered on the realization

of a synthetic global diagram of the industry

as you can see just below :

1363316177_SchmaGnralSynthIndustrie-v3.thumb.png.a9a66f6d5fb7dbfcee1e37dfea66abc0.png

I think this kind of documents

can be very handy

for new players

as well as for enthusiastic manufacturers.

But I have to make it better,

more complete,

more readable...

For this reason

I am sharing this here

hoping to get feedback from some helpers.

I am open to any suggestion.
So if you see somthing missing,

if you think UI can be redesigned,

if you think the title of the document should be changed,

lemme know it !

(the objective is to have the most meaningful and legible overall visual possible.)

Thanks for reading !

Have a great day y'all !

Peace, Love, Unity and Have fun.

I like the idea of industry diagrams, but this seems really high level. What would you think of a similar diagram zoomed in a bit where you can see which complex parts need to feed into functional parts, which feed into elements, etc. With the current higher level diagram, what information are you getting out of it?

7 hours ago, fiddlybits said:

I like the idea of industry diagrams, but this seems really high level. What would you think of a similar diagram zoomed in a bit where you can see which complex parts need to feed into functional parts, which feed into elements, etc. With the current higher level diagram, what information are you getting out of it?

Well,

To answer your question, it highlights the different stages of production and the production links between the different categories of items.

Information which is not well defined in the game and which, given the complexity of the industry in DU, requires a certain assimilation time.

The purpose of this diagram is to give an overview of the industry at a glance for ease of understanding.

If you haven't understood it, surely my diagram isn't explicit enough ...

To improeve that, I think to

1. add to each category an icon of each machine used in the production to highlight that,
  2. indicate the different tier levels of item categories according to the links between them. In general, the more an item requires different components and the further these components are in the production chain, the higher its tier level will be.
  3. highlight the fact that some categories do not necessarily need all the entries to be produced, this is a possibility. For example, fuel doesn't necessarily require pure ores and catalysts to be produced. It may only require pure ores.

But what you suggest will only complicate the diagram and it could make it illegible.
There are too many items to represent everything on a page ...
Or, we should make a diagram for each item. Which would represent a lot of work without automating the task (which is not my case).

Thank you anyway for your feedback !

Cheers

On 2/16/2021 at 10:34 PM, PauMS0418 said:

New lil upgrade to make the names more readable...
Lemme know what's wrong or if u like !

51004216_SchmaGnralSynthIndustrie(3.3).thumb.png.439f2752219a122e3e5bf415a2d95e8e.png

Since functional parts are not an input into exceptional parts, they should be on the same vertical level (although I understand why you drew it this way aesthetically). Also you misspelled functional "fonctional"

19 hours ago, fourteen said:

Since functional parts are not an input into exceptional parts, they should be on the same vertical level (although I understand why you drew it this way aesthetically). Also you misspelled functional "fonctional"

U'r right about the exceptional parts 'cell' position in the diagram!
it can be confusing. Sooo, I will modify it in the next update !

I will correct the spelling of "functional" too. ;)

• 1 month later...

Hello,

thank you for your work.

I am starting myself to get back into industry (the schematics made me turn away initially).

I am doing some searching about existing solutions. As you mentioned Hyperion, dual.sh I was looking into

https://du.mitog.io/

> no saving yet etc. but looks like a good idea; some kind of quality of life included

> this one is all manual

https://github.com/yamamushi/dumap

any idea how this works?

Crafting calculator, and other items