Comrademoco - A Fond Farewell

Comrademoco

Sup DUveans,

Just stopping by here to say my final farewell to everyone here, in discord, and in game that I had the privilege to be acquainted with or some, to even call friends. 

I had a blast being along side everyone of you these past 7 years, watching this community grow from literally 0 members to a whopping 50,000+ of you. I had many fond memories building premature alliances, making in game hostile moves, watching orgs rise and fall, overall, nerding-out over every aspect of Dual Universe.

However, all good things must come to an end. I'm sad to say but due to recent announcements and the overall direction of community aspect of Dual Universe is partaking, per say, I must state my farewell from the community and Dual Universe completely (as a player and as Moderator, in Discord and other platforms). At this point, I'm not enjoying being part of a community that's not being nourished at its fullest or been ignored for so long. (That's just the tip of the iceberg) Regardless, I leave on good terms, hope you all have fun, wishing the best to everyone and Novaquark (Here's hoping for a fast recovery, community-wise) 

As always,
Catch everyone on the flip, but most importantly; Have Fun!

Remember: Comfort: is the enemy of progress

o7

Well, you can find you self several millions of dollars and make a direct investments on NQ. 

I bet you that that will make them hear you. 

Everyone has a point of view, a taste, a sense of fun. But NQ as to make a successful game. Not one to your liking. 

In my opinion, NQ already inflicted heavy damage to the game by listening too much to discord opinions. 

Maybe they did not listened to yours, maybe yours are the ones that made the damage. 

But at the end, discord feedback should be the last feedback to count.

Decisions should be made in a professional manner. Hearing what sociologists, economists, professional writers have to say. Looking as statistics, behavior patterns that can be gathered from game data. 

I can understand if you are quitting because you no longer enjoy the game. I dont. I entered my alt account the other day, went to some industry and blueprints to craft fuel. And after 2 hours of pain to just make space fuel, i went to do something else and found my computer abandoned with DU on, 5 hours later. 

But but if you are quiting DU because of a social problem. Because they did not listen to you. Then you have a issue not related to this game. 

If you still enjoy the game, now or in a future build, i hope we can see you here, asking questions, answering questions or just telling some joke. Not as a moderator, not as someone trying to influence the game direction but as a player, happy to play a game. 

Until then, stay safe and be happy. 

And then.. suddenly.. the lights go out and there is no more servers.. And some will look around wondering what happened and how the never saw it coming.

There is one major difference between a game's community and "sociologists, economists, professional writers" .. one of these pay the bills, the other are the bills..

Some pay themselves in the long run, others dont pay enough to make it successful. 

Take a look at cyberpunk. 

What did the professionals added to the game? A story that has sub-stories and all of those are fit to be in a movie. A movie that makes you cry, makes you smile, make you hate a character , makes you empty when some character dies. 

What did the community added to the game? A early release that almost made the company bankrupt. 

1 hour ago, joaocordeiro said:

Some pay themselves in the long run, others dont pay enough to make it successful. 

Take a look at cyberpunk. 

What did the professionals added to the game? A story that has sub-stories and all of those are fit to be in a movie. A movie that makes you cry, makes you smile, make you hate a character , makes you empty when some character dies. 

What did the community added to the game? A early release that almost made the company bankrupt. 

I’m possibly misunderstanding here, but are you saying the community had something to do with cyberpunk’s early. release? Technically it was not the community that demanded an early release of cyberpunk. It was the CDPR shareholders and -if it’s anything like NMS- an ironclad contract with Sony that they could not back down from.  

Here's my peace to add to this. Comrad's post brings up issues, but this is his final post.

He's been here since the beginning and this is his end. So, instead of a legacy of his final post being about issues, let me recount some of what he did.

He was there at the early start of the game. He was active on the forums, paving the way of discussion in the community. Comrad was invited to be apart of ATV, to be apart of this social game and the social aspects of this community. He made an org, a notch to call home for some time, before stepping up into greater aspects of the community. To be present in the time of memes(CSYN undoubtedly) and to be there at the end of others.

Comradmoco has helped this community greatly. He helped out and along with yamamushi helped make the Discord a community unlike any other in its hayday.

I must tell you all, Comradmoco has spent a great many numbers of hours helping out this community. The official discord, of which he has invested probably thousands of hours, is only the tip of the iceberg.

So, with all this in mind, I bid you farewell Comrad! May you find a greater project than this one to jump to o7

I feel people saying "hah you leave because of Discord" just do not understand how much Moco invested himself into making the largest community-then-official server a fluid and collegial option of communication for the whole playerbase of Dual Universe, of communication with themselves and with NQ.

Yama started it, but Moco made it go on despite the tremendous conditions and stakes, and some opportunities he created were not given the chance to blossom.

As a Discord mod and a Novean, I understand his decision but I'll miss him.

16 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

Reported again

Don't even bother with mentioning it, just report and move on, don't feed into it. -_-

Moco, sucks to see you leave after so long.

While it's not the hill I want to die on, I've come close to it plenty of times over the years. Since Beta started, I've largely pulled back from both the game and Discord in pursuit of other things to enjoy new interests. I still keep up with everybody, but I'm not as engaged as I was in Alpha. With the rise of the unholy masses (see above) and NovaQuarks retreat to more official support tickets, I get it, and it sucks.

I ain't no vegetarian, but I hope you find your green grass. ^_^

I dislike sad posts.

So, I'm simply going to say thank you ❤️  You were always amazing around here, and the team will miss you. 

Thank you for all of your time, energy, expertise, efforts and laughs. 

I already miss you.  Be well

Hey folks,

I've hidden some posts from this thread and would like to remind you: don't insult others and don't discuss or promote your preferences regarding real life politics on this forum. It's ok to talk about political systems only when referring to in-game organization structures. It's not ok to attack and insult whole countries or groups of people with different preferences regarding real life politics or political systems.

Last but not least: please don't provoke each other and try to stay on topic. Thank you!

Mellow greetings

Mondlicht