@NQ, reintroduce salvage gameplay...

Musclethorpe

...but this time take it a step further. You've already placed crashed ships on planets, let's see more of that. Perhaps keep them to the unclaimed tiles. Moreso, there is a lot of unused space out in the PvP zone, put the more valuable assets out there. Give us a reason to slow-boat and explore such a high risk area.

Not only can the ships themselves have damaged parts that could be sold at a discount (2/3 lives etc.), but their cargo holds could contain any number of commodities or elements seen fit to be placed in there. Don't feel like designing a bunch of ships for the task? Ask the community to submit blueprints to use.

The point is we need more to do, and I fear this new mission system, which by the sound of it will largely be either transport or source & return, won't be enough. Reintroducing ships to salvage on planets, and in space, have both already proven to be within your capabilities.

3 hours ago, Daphne Jones said:

Did they remove salvage? I wouldn't know how to find a salvageable ship since I can't have atmo and space radar on the same seat.

Ain't that the truth? Actually as I understand, salvageable ships don't appear on radar anyway. Apparently they show up as "unclaimed" in the alt-V mark management system.

Anyway they put something like 100ish or so ships out there, and I have no idea if they've all been found. Either way this needs to be a more common thing, to have it be a legitimate gameplay loop. Mainly I would like to see high value wrecks out in PvP space, to give us a reason to venture out there. 

Also this could ducktail into private market terminals selling "refurbished" modules at a discount, because they don't have all of their lives. I'd love run salvage yard.

I definitely don't need any reason to go into PVP space until I can defend myself and the rewards are great enough to replace my ship when it's destroyed. Pretty sure I will never be able to defend myself solo, so I'm pretty much locked out of anything in PVP space.

50 minutes ago, Daphne Jones said:

I definitely don't need any reason to go into PVP space until I can defend myself and the rewards are great enough to replace my ship when it's destroyed.

You may not have reason, but some of us abhor mining, or the upcoming opportunities to haul via the new mission system. That being said PvP space is fairly big, and while the chances of being found outside of the pipes are definitely real, it's not necessarily huge. Being a solo player myself I would welcome the chance to venture into a high risk environment, provided the reward is worth it.

54 minutes ago, Daphne Jones said:

Pretty sure I will never be able to defend myself solo, so I'm pretty much locked out of anything in PVP space.

You aren't wrong when it comes to being caught. This suggestion is only one aspect of the game, and I can only hope that the future PvP updates add defensive options and/or true counter-play.

12 hours ago, Moosegun said:

I would love them to add a timer, so if anyone leaves a ship outside their own territory for longer than xxx it opens it up for salvage. Would add a huge amount of gameplay and clean up the markets.

Clean up the markets yes, add gameplay probably not so much. Not saying it's a bad idea, it's actually a good one, it's just that once implemented people wouldn't leave their ships laying around ever again. I would count this more of a deterrent than a feature.

9 hours ago, Musclethorpe said:

Clean up the markets yes, add gameplay probably not so much. Not saying it's a bad idea, it's actually a good one, it's just that once implemented people wouldn't leave their ships laying around ever again. I would count this more of a deterrent than a feature.

If they included crashed ship then is becomes a gameplay element