NQ No Longer Supporting Discord... Thoughts?

iNFiDeL

13 hours ago, FrigoPorco said:

yeah, this monetization method is ancient. I was surprised when they chose it. Paying 10 bucks a month should get people support in game. 

I don't mind the subscription itself, it provides income needed to keep the server online and such.  But in a Beta?  No.  No support?  No.  That's kinda what we're paying for in the first place.  And for those of us in the US M-F support means we only get support, maybe, the following day since they have all left work for the day already.  So basically zero priority support for the US and our neighbors, period.  What a shame.

I just recommended this game to a friend because there is really great in game NQ support!!

Now that NQ is no-longer giving in game support, that was a mistake!!

I'll have to tell my friend that they've removed the in-game support and my friend will probably find a different game to play.

Seems like playing during Alpha and Early Beta was the best time to play this game!

NQ keep doing things to sabotage their own game.... soon there won't be anyone left!

They'll go live, and probably do a wipe... and everyone will leave.

Making the schema system for industry was a really bad idea but we coped... and now they're removing support!!

7 hours ago, Hazaatan said:

This thread has more to do with losing communication over discord, than moving support from discord.  lmao.... discord is a hellava drug...

The way you all defend discord should be studied by a university somewhere.

FYI: The ticket system is way better than discord help system

Because waiting 48 hours before anyone is even there to read your request is such an improvement? They'll have to improve on the 3 month mean response time too.

26 minutes ago, Celestis said:

Making the schema system for industry was a really bad idea but we coped... and now they're removing support!!

You're being hyperbolic. Relax, they are not removing support.  They removing it from dis-crack-cord.  They moved it to a ticket system, like most games.  Tell your 'friend' to not judge a game on support, there a few other things to judge the game on...

7 minutes ago, Daphne Jones said:

Because waiting 48 hours before anyone is even there to read your request is such an improvement? They'll have to improve on the 3 month mean response time too.

There are so many things wrong with the game but dumping dis-crack-cord is really hitting people hard.  

You're saying that you wait 3 months to get a response and 48 hours over the weekend is now too much?  How many tickets are all of you putting in??  How many of those are solved on the weekend?  Someone should make a spreadsheet, I am really interested at the numbers here.

I think it makes sense, especially with a limited support staff. If everything goes to the ticket system then things can be prioritized, anything else like instant chat takes away resources from the tickets and is not fair to people who use the ticket system. The operation of the ticket system and setting expectations is another challenge.

well, thats kinda shitty. Im one of the few players who (when online) are in support chat helping others. It are always the same players who do this support channel and they get nothing paid. And now NQ, who gets paid for this, dont want to do it anymore?

Talk about taking a dump on your communty!

The amount of alpha-backers, who helped create this game, that has left because of NQ (not even the game itself) is staggering!

Paying for quite bugged beta was questionable at best, but paying for service with close to no SLA is a bit too much for me. Really, if something breaks friday night it's like 60hrs at best before they even get to work and then have to dig through all those accumulated tickets over that time. Plus turnaround time for ticket support 'have you tried'-'no change' turns lots of support events from minutes/hours (ingame/discord) to days.

IF the game was rock stable... bearable... with current state, no.

On 2/13/2021 at 5:08 AM, iNFiDeL said:

I have mixed opinions on this matter. On one hand if this means tickets will be handled in a much quicker manner (i.e. within 48 hours as opposed to sometimes a month or longer) then I’m all for this change. On the other hand though, if support doesn’t get drastically better then this seems like a complete hatchet job by NQ.

For many of us, the only way we have ever gotten any useful and timely support has been through the community discord and to take that away feels bad to say the least. 

Again I could be wrong maybe tickets will start to become useful, what’s your guys thoughts though?

10/10 they've played the best card :))))))))

This is just a terrible decision in so many ways.

First of all, tickets aren't made for immediate, game-impacting issues - tickets are great for tracking bugs, and long-term issues.  But when it comes to something happening right here right now, neither forums nor a third-party ticket system are the right places to handle them - in-game, with GMs, is the right place.  

The removal of discord presence is also insane.  For many people, Discord is our primary information source for the game.  We are not interested into checking some forums (haven't done that since like the 90's) every day for announcements and server notifications.  I've already got Discord open to participate in dozens of other games and communities - it was very convenient when we could get notifications there.  A modern game without a discord presence is unheard of and is throwing away a free and popular source of advertisement and news distribution.  Does NQ even have a social media manager?  Anyone who can tell the rest of the staff that Discord is the biggest communication platform a game company has to get feedback or communicate with players, and that it's free and effective to 'advertise' there?  Anyone want to run the numbers and figure out how many users are active on NQ forums per month, vs NQ discord?

For example, many people came back to DU after 0.23 - because we saw the announcement and were interested in the new things.  If I stop playing again, I can assure you I won't remember to even think about checking these forums - I'll never know if/when there's an update, never know if there's new content, and honestly never hear about the game again except from maybe any org discords I'm in.  Anyone who drops subscription now is likely never coming back, since there is no Discord presence where we can easily check news and announcements via notifications, to see if [reason we left] was ever resolved.

And of course, there's the idea that maybe, just maybe, announcements will still be made on discord - but this certainly wasn't announced there, which, is hilarious because, that's kinda the one place it needs to be announced.  It doesn't even need to be announced on the forums.  

Anyway, as a whole this is clearly just, cost-cutting, championed by someone who looked at a lot of statistics and didn't understand what they meant.  Despite the amount we pay monthly for this beta, we can't even get support on weekends.  NQ is dropping a major player hub for the game, in favor of an outdated forum board and red tape to reduce the number of incoming tickets.  I was particularly entertained by this line from the announcement:
In recent months, the Customer Support team has made great efforts to improve their processes, resulting in a significant upswing on ticket turnaround times and resolution. A major component in this success has been to put more focus on the ticket system. 

Why yes, if you have staff focus on the ticketing system instead of Discord, you'll close a lot more tickets than get opened - because players are still trying to use Discord, or in-game chat, and don't know how to open tickets, or that they're required.  There's nobody in the support channel telling them when or how to do so.  There's no announcement in the discord, telling players that support is no longer offered.  

So this, to me, is a great way to make players put in fewer tickets - with no discord support, they may not even know how.  And NQ is going to see a massive surge of 'completed' vs 'waiting' tickets, because nobody's putting in tickets anymore, and they're going to pat themselves on the back because they have successfully reduced ticket response time.

It's not like ranting about it matters, though.  NQ have never listened to their playerbase and have never been any level of transparent about anything they're doing.  We can complain all we want but, as long as we keep paying the subscription, we're supporting this anti-consumer behavior.  Unfortunately, that means many people may drop subscription purely because NQ is no longer offering game support - which means NQ makes less money, has less staff to handle tickets, and things only get worse.  

This is just a result of an overarching problem - NQ can't keep players in their game, and so they don't have the money to continue support.  

I deployed a BP the other day and experienced the well known bug where it immediately blows up and teleports a number of SU away. It's probably a 2 minutes job to teleport it back...3 days after raising a ticket and I'm still waiting for a response.

This is terrible for the 'game'. I guess NQ are really struggling. Does DU  even have a future now?

On 2/16/2021 at 10:59 AM, Dimencia said:

First of all, tickets aren't made for immediate, game-impacting issues - tickets are great for tracking bugs, and long-term issues.  But when it comes to something happening right here right now, neither forums nor a third-party ticket system are the right places to handle them - in-game, with GMs, is the right place.  

The ticket system isn't the problem, it's the process. I work in support and everything goes through ticket, even immediate issues, it's just a matter of having the priorities and the response in place. Some companies have a good process and others have crappy one. Hopefully this means NQ is starting to improve theirs.

3 hours ago, Haunty said:

The ticket system isn't the problem, it's the process. I work in support and everything goes through ticket, even immediate issues, it's just a matter of having the priorities and the response in place. Some companies have a good process and others have crappy one. Hopefully this means NQ is starting to improve theirs.

Well yeah, in support, you have to make a ticket even on emergency issues - but customers don't usually create that ticket for emergency issues.  They call someone, or open up a chat, or email someone in the worst case.  As a support technician sure, you need to log your interaction, so after helping that person you would create a ticket.  But if you ask that person to create a ticket before you will look into the issue that they're describing to you over the phone, they're going to be upset. 

Unless you're doing internal support for a company, in which case, they aren't customers so, all that stops mattering, people will gladly put in a ticket and take however long off work while they wait for it to be fixed, rather than calling

Unfortunately, DU has just stopped answering their phones, and now the only way to contact them is basically via snail mail and hope that they have a good process for prioritizing it.  I much preferred the old method, where you didn't have to hope and pray, but instead could speak directly with someone who could escalate as necessary - the kind of support model that any company with paying customers uses