NQ No Longer Supporting Discord... Thoughts?

iNFiDeL

I have mixed opinions on this matter. On one hand if this means tickets will be handled in a much quicker manner (i.e. within 48 hours as opposed to sometimes a month or longer) then I’m all for this change. On the other hand though, if support doesn’t get drastically better then this seems like a complete hatchet job by NQ.

For many of us, the only way we have ever gotten any useful and timely support has been through the community discord and to take that away feels bad to say the least. 

Again I could be wrong maybe tickets will start to become useful, what’s your guys thoughts though?

I just hope they are actually pivoting those people to tickets and not just going through layoffs and cost cutting because the game isn't doing that well. If tickets get answered faster that's awesome and there are some great community members dedicating alot of time to helping people which is super cool. 

3 hours ago, Dhara said:

No support on discord makes a little sense since it gets so hectic in there, but no GM in the game?!  In a subscription-based game in alpha beta?  Wow. 

yeah, this monetization method is ancient. I was surprised when they chose it. Paying 10 bucks a month should get people support in game. 

I quote myself here from the other post:

Wait, people pay money monthly for an mmorpg and get no technical support on weekends? What kind of service is that?

Instead, we should rely on cheap labour community players that are not even capable of solving technical problems with the game? 

To illustrate the problem, I have created a picture to capture the plight.

support.jpg

59 minutes ago, FrigoPorco said:

right now, me and a few others cannot get in game. I wish they had a GM in game or in Discord. We could really use one. I'm stuck on a loading screen at 100%. A few others, including StarZet can't get in. 

It's a monstrous political witch hunt by the liberal elites plotting against you, a prominent political figure ?

Though technically, since you can't get in anyway, a GM in game wouldn't be that much help to you.
I just hope their ticket system is now up to snuff assuming that they have reassigned staff to that from their social media and not just silently asked them to go home.

38 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

Let's just say that while I saw this one coming.. it is the straw that broke the camels back for me.. and so there will probably be rejoicing in some circles

Wow, even YOU are fed up now. That does indeed say a lot. You at least had some hope left which others from long ago lost years ago. Sad to see you go and certainly you gave good advice to NQ, but you'll have more fun in other games o7

@Lethys

Pretty much, yes.. I knew this was coming but the way it is being spun just drained the last bit of expectation that NQ may pull this one out of the fire from me..

It's just so extremely obvious that this is a spin on a cost cutting exercise.. How can you with a straight face make the claim you are doing this to "provide better support". The excuse is just so razor thin I can only assume the situation they are in is more dire than I thought. And I do expect we will see several staff depart soon-ish, starting with some current CMs ..

The next battle will be to get my discord account unlinked from my DU account, something NQ must comply with under EU GDPR regulations but it looks like they actually broke that option in the old profile pages and it's not even an option in the new one.. Just one more "slight" oversight I guess..

Time to move on..

1 hour ago, blazemonger said:

I knew this was coming but the way it is being spun just drained the last bit of expectation that NQ may pull this one out of the fire from me..

Still, visit us from time to time or something.

With every vet quitting on such, to be honest, negative note... saddens me a lot. Obviously we all have different relations (sometimes quite tense), expectations from game, views on NQ, but still we are (or were) quite special community united in dreams. Missing people from such colourful band, that formed over years, feels as unrecoverable losses.

M-F only ? Wow , I like how they dressed it up to be some sort of positive change, that was cute.

Theories ? They are so short on cash now they can't afford GM's ? 

24/7 MMO and their support is only going to be availible M-F ? How long till this forum is pulled down in favor of 'in game periodic surveys' , to complete their disconnect from the community?

0.24 appears to be just mission system and wallet and PTS. While this if it's final form is not barebones is not indicative of the end times, it certainly calls into question if this team has any hope of completing their roadmap objectives for this year.

In the meantime people are apparently able to keep playing even if they don't pay.

None of the events of the past 2 months from NQ gives anyone any confidence, I'm not surprising people are leaving. This is just yet another example of either desperation , cash flow problems, or complete lack of proper business practices. 

48 minutes ago, Hazaatan said:

FYI: The ticket system is way better than discord help system

Why is a ticket system only worked on/with Monday-Friday office hours better than a GM/support staff available in a discord channel?

IF NQ had a max 4 hour resolution time on tickets and had CS staff working 24/7 then sure.. I can see that.

As of yet, outside of login issues, the ticket queue is still 4+ weeks

1 hour ago, blazemonger said:

Why is a ticket system only worked on/with Monday-Friday office hours better than a GM/support staff available in a discord channel?

IF NQ had a max 4 hour resolution time on tickets and had CS staff working 24/7 then sure.. I can see that.

As of yet, outside of login issues, the ticket queue is still 4+ weeks

I have had 2 issues, log in and stuck construct, handled in less than 24 hours, each ticket.  To me, it's better.

35 minutes ago, Hazaatan said:

I have had 2 issues, log in and stuck construct, handled in less than 24 hours, each ticket.  To me, it's better.

Here is hoping you don't have either of those issues again on Saturday or Sunday , because you won't get that turn around then.