What are your thoughts on 0.24?

Uajrh1

24 minutes ago, Hazaatan said:

legitimate and pirate don't go together.   But I get it.  I don't like it, but it wouldn't be pirating if the target was enjoying it.

The "legitimate" in legitimate piracy means that we are not in it to gank or grief. We want the chase, and to get the loot.

Unfortunately as it currently stands, the only way to pirate is to kill your target. Preferably there would be a way to intimidate into relieving their cargo without having to destroy their ship. I did this for 6 years in Elite: Dangerous despite their very poor P2P infrastructure, and it was the most fun I've had in my 35 years of gaming. 

1 minute ago, Musclethorpe said:

The "legitimate" in legitimate piracy means that we are not in it to gank or grief. We want the chase, and to get the loot.

Unfortunately as it currently stands, the only way to pirate is to kill your target. Preferably there would be a way to intimidate into relieving their cargo without having to destroy their ship. I did this for 6 years in Elite: Dangerous despite their very poor P2P infrastructure, and it was the most fun I've had in my 35 years of gaming. 

One suggestion I had kills 2 birds with 1 stone in this regard. Make small weapons the only ones available to "surgical strike" or choose elements to target and hit.  For one it gives now a reason to use S weapons, and also doesnt make them OP because they have the lowest DPS and range of all the weapons.  (Not counting XS because as it stands they need removed from the game).  

By doing this you give pirates a chance to pirate, but then maybe not be able to hold up against M and L war ships, thus bringing some balance and make you choose in how you approach your pvp.

4 hours ago, JohnnyTazer said:

This is the dumbest shit written. Obviously you dont pvp or play competitive pvp games.  This is a tired arguement that holds no validity. So kinda shut the fuck up.

I play PVP in every game I play that has it.  This PVP in this game sucks balls because its basically EVE and EVE PVP is boring AF. Clearly you don't PVP. you're probably a 'professional' seal clubber. 

Buh Buh my kd dude, I can't go in there.. ill pick people off from way over here and run like hell when shit hits the fan...  bunch of cry babies

16 minutes ago, Hazaatan said:

I play PVP in every game I play that has it.  This PVP in this game sucks balls because its basically EVE and EVE PVP is boring AF. Clearly you don't PVP. you're probably a 'professional' seal clubber. 

Buh Buh my kd dude, I can't go in there.. ill pick people off from way over here and run like hell when shit hits the fan...  bunch of cry babies

Yet you are the one crying.  Its hilarious. So then, what should we do, only queue for arena pvp?  If not then you definitely the one butt hurt crying over a video game.  "Oh no I died so I'm gonna cry about how unfair it was". Grow up.

20 minutes ago, JohnnyTazer said:

Yet you are the one crying.  Its hilarious. So then, what should we do, only queue for arena pvp?  If not then you definitely the one butt hurt crying over a video game.  "Oh no I died so I'm gonna cry about how unfair it was". Grow up.

Ya, that's defiantly what's happening here...

6 hours ago, Hazaatan said:

PVP is open right now.  But you're not talking about Player vs Player, you're talking about Predator vs Pray.  So you need seal clubbing for some reason??  Why do you need seal clubbing?  Why don't you get with other PVP's and duke it out until you find who's best?

I fail to see the thrill in hunting people who are not good at PVP.  

anyways,

As for 0.24 - If I lag out at the AH it's a garbage, place holder, update regardless of what's in it.

Because the game suggests that you can do it.

- JC said you can become a pirate
- Aphelia says in the tutorial that you can become a pirate.

This is not a test of strength. This is about enrichment. And some emulate that. 
But nice analogy with seal clubbing. Has nothing to do with it. Maybe next time you'll use the pirates from the Caribbean as an example. No, not the film.

2 hours ago, Honvik said:

Actually PVP wise I'm still shocked that Safe Zones are still massive in DU.  20 SU plus is bonkers.  Still I remember years ago wasnt sanc the only safe area? :)

It was never that way, thats just the way it was "pitched" way back when.

9 hours ago, SirJohn85 said:

Because the game suggests that you can do it.

- JC said you can become a pirate
- Aphelia says in the tutorial that you can become a pirate.

This is not a test of strength. This is about enrichment. And some emulate that. 
But nice analogy with seal clubbing. Has nothing to do with it. Maybe next time you'll use the pirates from the Caribbean as an example. No, not the film.

This is not my first rodeo, and it's not yours either.  We all know what this is going to turn into.  There may be a few 'pirates from the Caribbean'  going for the big score, BUT you know damn well that's going to very few.  As soon as surface PVP opens up, it's seal clubbin-time bois!.  The griefers are going to be out in force.  Everyone knows it. You can spin it anyway you want on the forums for brownie point, but in no way, shape, or form is surface PVP going to 'pirating'.  It's going to be full on 'hunt the weak for fun'.  

Any attempt, from anyone, to try and turn that into something else is being stupid.  This game has managed to attract the worst kind of gamers finding any way to grief other players, and they will not disappoint when surface PVP opens up.

3 hours ago, JohnnyTazer said:

It was never that way, thats just the way it was "pitched" way back when.

Really?  So why have Sanctuary in any shape or form if it was not supposed to be that way?  Also honestly 20SU safe zones (beyond in some cases) is good for this game? 

1 hour ago, Hazaatan said:

This is not my first rodeo, and it's not yours either.  We all know what this is going to turn into.  There may be a few 'pirates from the Caribbean'  going for the big score, BUT you know damn well that's going to very few.  As soon as surface PVP opens up, it's seal clubbin-time bois!.  The griefers are going to be out in force.  Everyone knows it. You can spin it anyway you want on the forums for brownie point, but in no way, shape, or form is surface PVP going to 'pirating'.  It's going to be full on 'hunt the weak for fun'.  

Any attempt, from anyone, to try and turn that into something else is being stupid.  This game has managed to attract the worst kind of gamers finding any way to grief other players, and they will not disappoint when surface PVP opens up.

Actually, I wonder what your problem is now? 

Everyone knew from the beginning, when the Kickstarter campaign started, that it was going to be rough. To quote the video:

"However, if you chose to cross the limit, you gonna have to start being careful. And you better know what you're doing." 

Here is the link (with timestamp) to the video from the KS campaign 2016: https://youtu.be/TyWZsuLmloo?t=524

We have had many discussions here in the forum about carebear, EVE comparisons, PvP content issues and whatnot. Feel free to search those out over the last 4 1/2 years, there are plenty of them. But I'm not doing your homework.

PvP will never be fair. There will always be situations where you are outnumbered. There will be situations where you are hunted by pirates for fun because you are a high value target just to annoy you.(Everything that is allowed according to ToS and EULA in the game, not outside, of course) In EVE as an example it is common that you become a target of something.  But that's not the fault of the players, it's the game field that gives NQ here. In WoW as another example, they roamed as a group and hunted everyone.

If you want to change the playing field now, then you have a problem: the players who made the game possible in the first place with the pledge gave money for a very specific reason.This is no longer the case, when the game changes from Kickstarter vision. And there are only two possibilities: Implement or Refund.

But to stay with your ridiculous seal clubbing example:
What's wrong with standing up to the attackers and looking for like-minded people? Why not fight back, why not form a society that frees itself from all violence and wants to create a PvP-free zone on the tiles? In principle, then, do exactly what Dual Universe should be. A game that encourages cooperation.

Do you know how the pirates in the Caribbean became a thing of the past? Merchants armed themselves, bigger ships accompanied the convoy. Something you could also do, hire a mercenary organisation to accompany you. Instead, you want to go on your solo trip and see yourself as a victim here.

2 hours ago, SirJohn85 said:

Actually, I wonder what your problem is now? 

Everyone knew from the beginning, when the Kickstarter campaign started, that it was going to be rough. To quote the video:

"However, if you chose to cross the limit, you gonna have to start being careful. And you better know what you're doing." 

Here is the link (with timestamp) to the video from the KS campaign 2016: https://youtu.be/TyWZsuLmloo?t=524

We have had many discussions here in the forum about carebear, EVE comparisons, PvP content issues and whatnot. Feel free to search those out over the last 4 1/2 years, there are plenty of them. But I'm not doing your homework.

PvP will never be fair. There will always be situations where you are outnumbered. There will be situations where you are hunted by pirates for fun because you are a high value target just to annoy you.(Everything that is allowed according to ToS and EULA in the game, not outside, of course) In EVE as an example it is common that you become a target of something.  But that's not the fault of the players, it's the game field that gives NQ here. In WoW as another example, they roamed as a group and hunted everyone.

If you want to change the playing field now, then you have a problem: the players who made the game possible in the first place with the pledge gave money for a very specific reason.This is no longer the case, when the game changes from Kickstarter vision. And there are only two possibilities: Implement or Refund.

But to stay with your ridiculous seal clubbing example:
What's wrong with standing up to the attackers and looking for like-minded people? Why not fight back, why not form a society that frees itself from all violence and wants to create a PvP-free zone on the tiles? In principle, then, do exactly what Dual Universe should be. A game that encourages cooperation.

Do you know how the pirates in the Caribbean became a thing of the past? Merchants armed themselves, bigger ships accompanied the convoy. Something you could also do, hire a mercenary organisation to accompany you. Instead, you want to go on your solo trip and see yourself as a victim here.

Well said.  

3 hours ago, Honvik said:

Really?  So why have Sanctuary in any shape or form if it was not supposed to be that way?  Also honestly 20SU safe zones (beyond in some cases) is good for this game? 

There are no 20SU safezones (plural). There is one permanent safezone around the planets Alioth/Madis and Thades and their moons. Once Territory warfare comes in all other safezones around the outer planet will go away.

That NQ changed their position on Sanctuary and (part of) Alioth being the only permanent safe zone was in part due to the way the PVP section of the player base was ramping up the smack talk and "threats" to non combatants, so in part it's their own doing. You get no argument from me the permanent safezone is way too big, I always expected it to be Alioth and it's moons but not three planets..

23 hours ago, JohnnyTazer said:

This is the dumbest shit written. Obviously you dont pvp or play competitive pvp games.  This is a tired arguement that holds no validity. So kinda shut the fuck up.

Someone didn’t get laid last night/month
lol. 

On 2/13/2021 at 8:55 AM, Hazaatan said:

May I plz professionally seal club you mister "I play PVP in every game" ? Drop a friend request, you see my IGN.