What are your thoughts on 0.24?

Uajrh1

Meh. If org wallets are just what was described in the blog then that isn't even a basic mechanic but just there to tell ppl that "we implemented wallets!"

Mission system is very basic too and lacks a ton of features, so That's also meh. Plus it wasnt really adressed if that really is an alternative to mining, so wait and see I guess. 

Overall from what is known for now it's at best an update which doesn't warrant installing du again and at worst makes NQ look bad too when new mechanics are even worse than proposed 

36 minutes ago, Lethys said:

Meh. If org wallets are just what was described in the blog then that isn't even a basic mechanic but just there to tell ppl that "we implemented wallets!"

Mission system is very basic too and lacks a ton of features, so That's also meh. Plus it wasnt really adressed if that really is an alternative to mining, so wait and see I guess. 

Overall from what is known for now it's at best an update which doesn't warrant installing du again and at worst makes NQ look bad too when new mechanics are even worse than proposed 

Honestly, the new features look great to me. Seems like they do the job, and do it well.

8 minutes ago, Lethys said:

If doing less than the very basic thing is a good enough job for you, then I guess you are correct 

The missions provide missions, and provide player-made missions. The org wallet provides a wallet for organizations (and players too, I believe, though I may have misread). Isn't that what we all wanted?

17 minutes ago, Uajrh1 said:

The missions provide missions, and provide player-made missions. The org wallet provides a wallet for organizations (and players too, I believe, though I may have misread). Isn't that what we all wanted?

On the surface, maybe. Digging deeper, not rly. As I already said in other threads and here:

Missions are only transport for now, and who knows how long.

Same with wallets. Its one wallet. And 2 RDMS rights. Wow. And a silly combination too. Du has a powerful rdms but even NQ doesn't really use it to split up rights. 

The question really is: will they allow pvp to happen with this patch, or is the game going to continue to be a giant warping/safe zone game. 

Doesn’t require new features, just a change to warping and safe zones.

Unitl that happens, this game continues to be a space based minecraft. Yawn

The problem is this, they are touting this bare bones mission and wallet system as something that should be featured for their patch.  These 2 things should be a footnote at best included in the patch, not really warrant there own dev blog.  Maybe the mission should, IF and ONLY if it came near feature complete, which it isn't.  Give us the fucking dev blog on asteroids, and anything else that is actually content, and reasons to you know, fly out in space.   Yes planets are cool, but where are all the stuff to do in space? where is the content? Where are the deep range scanners to find not only other ships, but maybe anomalies, or event wrecks deep in space.  Anything to give us a fun reason to fly around and explore in this big space they gave us.

We will see. The mission system availible on the PTS is not updated yet to current if I read everything correctly. You can't even make the parcel containers atm.

I am happy that we finally get some logging on dispensers.

I am happy there is some form of org wallet.

I like the visual changes.

I am sad that the logging does not include which dispenser , and only the core the dispenser was on.

I am sad the permissions for the org wallet are 'all or nothing', because that REALLY needs to be expanded on.

I am sad you can't give access to org market containers as a separated right. Just cause I want an org member to pick something up doesn't mean I want them to be able to clean out the org wallet in 5 seconds. 

2 hours ago, Shredder said:

The question really is: will they allow pvp to happen with this patch, or is the game going to continue to be a giant warping/safe zone game. 

Doesn’t require new features, just a change to warping and safe zones.

Unitl that happens, this game continues to be a space based minecraft. Yawn

ok so 1) what's wrong with a space-based Minecraft? and 2) I'm pretty sure the PvP overhaul is not coming in this update, but probably the one after this one.

2 hours ago, JohnnyTazer said:

The problem is this, they are touting this bare bones mission and wallet system as something that should be featured for their patch.  These 2 things should be a footnote at best included in the patch, not really warrant there own dev blog.  Maybe the mission should, IF and ONLY if it came near feature complete, which it isn't.  Give us the fucking dev blog on asteroids, and anything else that is actually content, and reasons to you know, fly out in space.   Yes planets are cool, but where are all the stuff to do in space? where is the content? Where are the deep range scanners to find not only other ships, but maybe anomalies, or event wrecks deep in space.  Anything to give us a fun reason to fly around and explore in this big space they gave us.

Fair enough. Me and many others are still hyped though.

i think its fair to act "innocent until proven guilty" for this patch, NQ has undergone alot of shit during .23 and we need to motivate them for .24 where we expect improvement but arent bashing, i personally am very excited and cannot wait :D

3 hours ago, JohnnyTazer said:

The problem is this, they are touting this bare bones mission and wallet system as something that should be featured for their patch.  These 2 things should be a footnote at best included in the patch, not really warrant there own dev blog.  

I have feeling, that NQ intentionaly stretching positives of 0.24 (revealing them 1 after 1) for some reason, may be just to make it look like "a lot" of changes, may be to cover some nasty thing, that will follow next (last). Who knows.

Still this at least something.

Overall I am looking forward to the things coming even if they are very very barebones (but hoping to be good fundamentally for NQ to be able to expand on). Better to learn to walk first , especially after the 0.23 issue. The negative of this is that 0.24 is probably going to be like a little  mouse step but if it is decently done, then  NQ should be able to replicate and expand & proliferate fast afterwards.

Judging from the dev blogs, 0.24 will mostly be already existing functionality in the game just formalized as "hauling missions".

I.e. instead of transporting your own ore/gods to the market and selling it, you will be transporting someone else's stuff from A to B for what I assume will be a relatively small amount of quanta. So it is kinda like UBER in space I guess. And as usual, the potentially big and lucrative jobs will still remain internal inside ORG's.

15 minutes ago, GraXXoR said:

seriously, we have almost zero information about how any of the proposed features will be implemented.. What's the point making any decisions or even prognostications?

You can try the new features in the PTS, I believe.

On 2/11/2021 at 12:44 PM, Shredder said:

PVP is open right now.  But you're not talking about Player vs Player, you're talking about Predator vs Pray.  So you need seal clubbing for some reason??  Why do you need seal clubbing?  Why don't you get with other PVP's and duke it out until you find who's best?

I fail to see the thrill in hunting people who are not good at PVP.  

anyways,

As for 0.24 - If I lag out at the AH it's a garbage, place holder, update regardless of what's in it.

3 minutes ago, Hazaatan said:

PVP is open right now.  But you're not talking about Player vs Player, you're talking about Predator vs Pray.  So you need seal clubbing for some reason??  Why do you need seal clubbing?  Why don't you get with other PVP's and duke it out until you find who's best?

anyways,

Some of us are legitimate pirates who hunt haulers to make a living. It's a perfectly acceptable playstyle.

22 minutes ago, Hazaatan said:

anyways,

As for 0.24 - If I lag out at the AH it's a garbage, place holder, update regardless of what's in it.

This is the dumbest shit written. Obviously you dont pvp or play competitive pvp games.  This is a tired arguement that holds no validity. So kinda shut the fuck up.