Can we just buy quanta already?

Maybe I'm the only one, but mining FOREVER just to buy blueprints so that I can get that creative need out is KILLING me. I work 50+ hours a week, and I don't have time to sit in a hole in the ground, it honestly feels like I'm STILL at work most of the time. Maybe have a limit on how much you can buy a month, so as to keep things closer to even. Would also make ALOT of money with micro transactions. People could still do the grind, but personally, I'm prepared to pay for some actual fun.

The balance of the game is focused on people with 8-20 hours a day to play the game, not casual players. So, your best option at this point is to join an active organization that can provide you with resources for designing things. Going solo is not really an option for casual players. 

Unfortunately, this is by design.

This is a planned feature via buying DAC as an ingame item.  It is planned to work almost identically to Eve's PLEX system.  Its just not in the game yet.

23 hours ago, Shakenbake said:

so, just a game for kids. ok, thanks

More its a game for people without kids.  You can still work a full-time job and hit a 6 hr/day average if you play the game as your primary hobby.

• 1 month later...

There are already sites selling them for cash. They insist they are not breaking the EULA, but then again it is their business model so they are going to naturally say that.

buying game resources for real money is always a sticky and hotly debated topic in any game.

personally I’d rather buy them from NQ to help them operate than buy them from a third party. 

But currently im just down a hole a lot, because I like playing factories, but schematics aren’t cheap ?

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/15/2021 at 11:07 AM, Demlock said:

This post just acts as a signal for the design not being fun.

People spending more time mining to do anything kills the game over all. With most planets being heavily mined out the game becomes more and more grindy in the end

This right here; we all know mining is about as fun as watching paint dry....hell at least watching paint dry requires no interaction which given the kind of interaction required mining would be preferable at this point.

I might redo my post from general to here to see what people think of my mining change idea which is heavily based on the SWG system.

On 4/15/2021 at 4:51 PM, NQ-Naerais said:

Just a quick reminder that RMT (real money trading) in any form is not supported or allowed. So third party sales sites for quanta or accounts are not permitted. Please do not post them.  Thank you! 

Sure but this desire to avoid the ONLY gameplay loop in the game that makes you quanta should tell you something about that gameplay loop, like, mining can net you a nice amount of quanta, about 50mill a day if you no life it but you better have a few series on the go on netflix because it is really that bad.