MORE ENGINE MODELS!!!!!!

MoBsTeR421

More Engine Models?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need more Engine Models?

• For the love of God YESSS!!!!!!!!!!
    • No I like only having one option

OK NQ this is something that everyone in my Org Dark Star Imperium has been wanting since Beta release, we are in DIRE NEED of MORE engine models to use the stock Atmo engines, especially the Large variant, are very ugly and hard to work with Please for the LOVE of all that is HOLY GIVE US MORE ENGINE MODELS

9 minutes ago, TheRose said:

of all the things this game NEEDS right now this is not one of them 

dev time is WAY too precious to be spent on such trivial matters

Well its a good thing that NQ has more then 1 developer to work on things as im sure NQ can work on multiple issues at once, im sure they can spare a single dev to work on something like this but thank for your feedback

1 hour ago, TheRose said:

they are trying to bring back tree collision with constructs. and all the newbie areas that new people would go with non flying constructs are surrounded by trees.. they have loads of time they are already wasting on pointless endeavors. this is not one of them

On 2/10/2021 at 8:54 AM, TheRose said:

As someone who was in the gaming development business i can tell you its not done that way. The people working on the fixes for the game are not going to be the same individuals creating the 3d models and and other assets most if the time. Lets be specific because everyone is using a broad term to label anyone working on games. In this situation you are referring to the the game designers / programmers who would be involved in that process.

For this Topic however, The various artists from the art department would be the ones working on said new assets and the only time the designers or “devs” would need to get involved would be if they introduce items that use new mechanics that change the dynamic if the game. Rn the topic is creating more variety of engines which is an easy thing to accomplish as the mechanics are all in place its just a model swap with different tier version of engines like military vs industrial so they are not all the same model and so on. No need for any coding and changes to the core game. At most maybe some stat values may be changed and thats simply just changing some numbers.

id say yeah i think its a good idea, lets get some variety of engines so we dont have the same model for countless engine types. Makes no sense and limits creativity. Do i think it needs to be done now? Eh no im sure they are working on a lot of assets for planetary combat come next phase of the games development. But if they find the time to squeeze a model in here or there yes please!

• 3 weeks later...

I would add that we know one way NQ will get some extra money for stuff are skins for elements, but these will not change the shape. So we really just need different shapes for now, shape colors, shape overall look, different shapes.