[Discussion] DevBlog: Organization Wallets

• NQ-Naunet pinned and featured this topic
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alrighty, let's talk about today's DevBlog!   What do you think of the plans so far? Is this a good starting point or are there additional functions you think wallets will need?

Can we get an RDMS to let people use warp beacons to

Covers most of the basics.   One thing that would have been nicer is the "accountant" right which could check the log but not transfer/buy/sell. Many orgs will need people with the ability o

why not split the rights to sell/buy/edit orders?

can someone with the edit right transfer money too? (forget that, i just read the answer)

can ppl ONLY transfer but not sell/buy or vice versa?

can ppl create more than one "division" in an org wallet? so ppl/orgs have a "research wallet", a "pvp wallet", a "trade wallet" and so forth?

can ppl give rights to each of those divisions?

Looks good so far, but a bit more detail on the taxes piece is needed to think through usage.   I'm reading it as now there will double taxes  if we use the guild wallet vs. burdening the super legate with managing org funds and purchases.  

Edit wallet: Gives the right to do all the wallet operations available to the organization wallet. It includes buying, selling (and paying taxes by doing so), browsing the log and transferring money (see below).

1 hour ago, Snapsis said:

If an item is purchased with the org wallet, can any member of the org pick up the items from Market Container?

I'm assuming the buys can be done remotely like now.

Hey there! Got an answer for you:

"Only members with wallet edit rights can access the organization market container at a market."

I realize this is about the org wallet, but am I to understand we'll be getting logs for our personal transactions now as well, it's not clear, but would be nice.

Also, when we are talking about logging, how about some logging for our dispensers too please, help us sell more and give more control over that :)

Nicely done, we've been needing a lot of this for a while - having a centralized org wallet that multiple people can use will finally relieve SuperLegates from having to be available constantly to handle money

But the devblog mentioned

It includes buying, selling (and paying taxes by doing so)

What taxes are being paid, and to whom?  

Also I'm very happy with the ability to send quanta wirelessly to people or orgs and have it logged and tracked appropriately - and not even in the alerts menu, a real tracker.  Nice

10 minutes ago, NQ-Naunet said:

Hey there! Got an answer for you:

"Only members with wallet edit rights can access the organization market container at a market."

So, for example, the Legates are in charge of purchasing, relieving that task from the Superlegate.

But they can't send members out to the markets to pick up what they purchased? 

That sounds like an additional layer of RDMS should be added, to designate access to the org market containers for specific members.

Service organizations rejoice!

It doesn't sound like this allows players to send money to an organizations wallet with out also having withdraw permission so I'll likely be forced to continue managing my orgs finances, but now my money and the orgs will be separate which is nice. Going to be looking forward to one day where my members and (hopefully) eventually customers being able to add money to the orgs wallet without my intervention.

I'm also all for increased granularity permission wise as others have mentioned above.

Just now, Comrade_Vix said:

so i f you choose edit wallet in rdms your giving them full control?

it looks that way, and IMO that is a huge mistake - the buy / sell / browse / transfer permissions should be separated out

currently if you want someone to collect from your market container it's impossible

this system should allow you to give secure collection only access

I hear people say 'missions will allow that' - but why should I pay extra mission fees if all I want is an org buddy to pick up my stuff from a market he lives near, without giving him full access to spend all the org's cash?

speaking of - there should absolutely be a daily maximum withdrawal allowance that can be set per player (per initiating player, and maybe also per recipient) - if you need inspiration for how to do that, check out the guild bank system in neverwinter 

4 minutes ago, Mornington said:

it looks that way, and IMO that is a huge mistake - the buy / sell / browse / transfer permissions should be separated out

currently if you want someone to collect from your market container it's impossible

this system should allow you to give secure collection only access

I hear people say 'missions will allow that' - but why should I pay extra mission fees if all I want is an org buddy to pick up my stuff from a market he lives near, without giving him full access to spend all the org's cash?

speaking of - there should absolutely be a daily maximum withdrawal allowance that can be set per player (per initiating player, and maybe also per recipient) - if you need inspiration for how to do that, check out the guild bank system in neverwinter 

Yea thats just stupid, they need to separate the RDMS.  Give money- take money- collect goods -sell goods etc etc