Is this game playable for newbies?

TecSatan

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help. Is there a way to reset my account and start again?

My experiences of the game has been as follows: -

I am new to the game. I did the full tutorial, went to go to the sanctuary moon and the game crashed…

Ok so it’s a beta, so I reloaded it, did it again and then it got stuck on loading page and crashed…

Third time was a charm.

Get to sanctuary moon and so some reason I could not build my speeder. There is no cross by territory spots, so it looks like a 19k run. That is a pain but ok. So I set off.

After over an hour of running, I fall down a hole… and keep falling…. Seems some A hole has just dug a load of traps in their sanctuary zone, you cannot dig out of them of course and once you’re in there is no way out.

I tried getting help from the support chat channel, but it would appear there is no support in support.

Seems the only option is forcing a respawn, so I do that.

So now my inventory in empty and ow look you can not claim the parts again for the speeder… so back to running, I guess…

Back on the shuttle to the moon… it loads this time… off on another long run….

More boring time passes….

And I fall down another sodding clear trap hole underwater……. Ow look it would seem there is zero way out of them, and I need to respawn again.

Another respawn… and then game crashes again.

And 4+ hours in, I have not built a single thing yet and am starting to feel like I should cancel my subscription ASAP.

I so wanted to play this game and it is seeming unplayable at the moment for new players. Am I missing something or is this a case of come back in a years’ time when more thought has been put in?

Unfortunately you can't reset your account.  Because it would be too easy to exploit by handing off the items to another players and then making a new account.

The parts for the speeder are all very cheap on the market.  With the 150k login bonus you should be able to buy new parts to make a speeder.

If you lost the Sanctuary Territory control unit that could be complicated because right now i think each player only gets one.  So you might have to open a customer support ticket to see about getting another one of those.  That's how you claim a hex on the sanctuary moon.  You can claim hexes on Alioth with a regular territory control unit, which can be crafted (not easily), and bought on the market.

If you fall down another mine shaft, you can get back out using your jetpack (spacebar), even if it's a straight vertical shaft.  If you're facing directly towards a wall the jetpack will keep working until you reach the top.  If you get stuck on a bump it helps to move around the tunnel in a corkscrew pattern until you eventually find your way around the bump.

The game is a little rough around the edges, partially because it's not done.  But also because some of the technology is very new and they are literally still trying to figure out how to make it work.

But if you like Sci Fi, and you like building things, it's pretty freakin' amazing

Probably the holes are not traps but mining entrances, with some experience it is very easy to get out of them.

If everything works as intended the game is very playable for newbies. specially if you do not have the daily quanta bug ( @NQ-Admin the bug that is reported on day 1 and still not fixed but gives you NO daily quanta and probably has to do with a database error on players with a double name and a spce between it, what already was discussed both here as on discord)

For newbies both the solo run as the org run are good possibilities to start. If you need a place to settle and dont mind only being able to gather surface stuff and refine that i might be able to help. Please sent me a mail, our alliance has a setup near sanctuary 3 (about 5 km out, with sprint optimized you can run there at 70km/h)

To the extent that it's playable at all (which it's not always), it's OK for newbies. The learning curve is steep but you can do it. Very little is actually locked behind talentz - and the first 3 levels of talentz go very quickly. You can be level 3 in all the mining stuff before you finish climbing the learning curve to understanding how mining works.

As a newbie, you need mining as your first step - so you have a source of money to move on to whatever you want to do. It would be very slow to start up with just the welfare checks.

7 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

(snip) ( @NQ-Admin the bug that is reported on day 1 and still not fixed but gives you NO daily quanta and probably has to do with a database error on players with a double name and a spce between it, what already was discussed both here as on discord) (snip)

My in-game name has a space in it and no problem with the welfare checks. I doubt the space is the problem. (It does prevent people from whispering to me though)

Ignore the tutorials if they are not working, you won't learn much about anything that you cannot learn with a few questions to other players. There are some minor rewards but for the time it takes you could have already mined a million bucks by yourself on any other planet or moon. I still have no idea why new players are dumped on sanctuary. The lag is terrible at the hub when you start, the mining is worthless and there are almost no impressive structures or player interactions to get you into the game. I was pretty close to giving up on the game after the first three days on that cursed moon. Go to Alioth and stop wasting time there. I truly think it is a mistake to put new players there for their first experience of the game.

2 hours ago, Burble said:

Ignore the tutorials if they are not working, you won't learn much about anything that you cannot learn with a few questions to other players. There are some minor rewards but for the time it takes you could have already mined a million bucks by yourself on any other planet or moon. I still have no idea why new players are dumped on sanctuary. The lag is terrible at the hub when you start, the mining is worthless and there are almost no impressive structures or player interactions to get you into the game. I was pretty close to giving up on the game after the first three days on that cursed moon. Go to Alioth and stop wasting time there. I truly think it is a mistake to put new players there for their first experience of the game.

You get a good amount of experience points, and a decent amount of quanta, for doing the tutorials.  That alone is worth it.  Don't down play free experience. 

Hi @Mordgier, @Niemand, @Hazaatan.

Your replies on this topic have been hidden.

Please avoid posting comment that are considered of provocative nature, troll insinuation, off-topic and/or comments specially designated to bring political matters as to name and shame others in these forums.

Please let this be a friendly reminder to all three of you to avoid making comments like the ones you made today.

Regards,

Meldrik