I have solved the Ship Clutter epidemic

NewStart101

Ships Left unattended with receive a parking fine of 1000 per hour after 12 hours of being .  Each territory owned by a player will be able to set their own parking fines in maximum of 10000 per/hour. I dont know if this will fix it, but it will definitely discourage and spread out cash. If the location is a marketplace, it will go straight back to a dev or a staff members wallet. 

Anyone have any other ideas?

Time.  1 hour and you ship gets compactified, regardless of size, and put into a dispenser system.  The you have to buy it back.  Each compactification cost double the previous one.  1000, 2000, 4000, 8000, 16000, ect.

This way we get the ship out of there quickly and the owner gets fined exponentially, to a point of losing your ship.  Any ships not claimed after 7 days are deleted permanently.  

Edit: you can only un-compact your ship in the starter zone area.  That way people don't use it as an advantage.  How you get there is your problem.

From a persistent universe, I would expect my vessel to be exactly where I left it.

Except of course in PvP or on a claim from another player who can move the construct with the maneuver tool.

So the considerations are actually superfluous. IMO

from the website:

A PERSISTENT SINGLE SERVER UNIVERSE

I think at some point something like a decay system will come,

that will boost the economy and the constructs that are no longer used will disappear or can be dismantled by other players.

One way to solve the problem elegantly.

In the RL, things that are no longer used also expire.

as it may happen that people have a dc or whatever, becauser there is really no need to money punishment, and because people there is an issue when the craft belongs to the org, why even involve a fee?

If you leave the zone without the craft or 30m pass you get a popup and can either pay to extend time or not.

After an hour (unless you extend time) the craft is despawned and you can pick up a magic blueprint for it, no cost involved (so no issues for DC or other unplanned things).

The magic blueprint contains the whole ship, with cargo, but weighs twice as much as the ship did, to avoid abuse. So you can’t just use this to easily transport things. It is lost on death and can be gotten at market again until used (otherwise people can teleport with it), that should be abuse proof and yet not impact anybody who didnt intend to leave his craft on the market, like people who got a dc or left the stove on. It is the equivalent of youtube asking "are you still there?"

2 hours ago, DontPanic said:

From a persistent universe, I would expect my vessel to be exactly where I left it.

Except of course in PvP or on a claim from another player who can move the construct with the maneuver tool.

So the considerations are actually superfluous. IMO

from the website:

A PERSISTENT SINGLE SERVER UNIVERSE

This issue is cause massive amounts of lag.  I also agree with you, but that needs to be after optimization has been mastered.  The lag now is horrible.  We need a temporary fix.

NQ needs to do the following at bare minimum:

• Charge parking fees for 5-20k h parking fee per vehicle per ingame day cycle to anyone over 5mil exp based on the size class of the ship (XS-L core)
  • Charge an additional storage fee of 5-25k h per container you have stored at the market depending on the size of the container. (XS-XL-E)
  • Restrict container boxes and instead offer "lockers" with a sliding inventory system with rental fee per ingame day cycle.
  • Create an impound lot between the district and the district market where ships are packed and sent when people fail to pay the parking fee.
  • Restrict scripts once a ship has landed and is shut off until the cockpit is enguaged again.
  • Restrict player run advertisements by deactivating player screens when a ship is not on.
  • Add billboard style XL screens a player can rent all over the district in strategic spots ranging from XS screens inside district buildings up to XL screen billboards which are off the landing platforms. Charge players 50k per ingame day cycle for a small screen and up to 1mil h per day for XL billboards that have advanced gif capabilities or require approval for premium advertising in select areas or 250k per day cycle for standard XL billboards.
  • Create another landing platform about 2km away from both the district and the district market that is meant for a public sort of used car lot to sell ships.
  • Enable the ability to fly through other ships with no clipping in cases of lag or brakeboxes blowing up incoming ships.
  • If there is no clipping enable there should also be some kind of option to not render other players ships/elements/voxelsscripts only on market tiles.