Public Test Server? where is it!

Honvik

If NQ actually delivers on the testserver I'd be surprised to see it until maybe a week before patch day.

Having a single dev blog on the mission system does not set any reasonable timeframe or expectations for the arrival of 0.24 which I'd reckon is still 7 weeks away (I'd shoot for  sometime in the week 22-26 March).

If we're lucky we may see the testserver early March.. if we're lucky..

Just now, Aaron Cain said:

Oh wait, you asked public, nope that server is only for some

JC announced that ATV will no longer be what they were and be more of an early soundboard.. We will get a public test server .. At least, that is what JC said..

Yep no more ATV.  NQ/JC actually thought about it and how much of a failure ATV was with 0.23.  They announced a public one will be created and I'm sure many are eager for 0.24 and making sure what hits the live is going to be worth it.

1 hour ago, Honvik said:

Yep no more ATV.  NQ/JC actually thought about it and how much of a failure ATV was with 0.23. 

I'm pretty sure ATV had very little influence on 0.23.. They probably got the patch a week in advance and any feedback was too little too late as the release data was already set, NQ was probably already moving past the patch internally, only to be yanked back after the game imploded following the rollout..

20 hours ago, blazemonger said:

I'm pretty sure ATV had very little influence on 0.23.. They probably got the patch a week in advance and any feedback was too little too late as the release data was already set, NQ was probably already moving past the patch internally, only to be yanked back after the game imploded following the rollout..

Wrong.  It was known for awhile the issues.  Even some people I know knew of the changes coming and didnt tell anyone about it until it hit.  They were in ATV so they personally planned ahead

Well.. Let's just say I have contact with several ATV members in private and they independently told me the same thing, regardless of what it was (the mentioned nothing specific but once 0.23 dropped it was clear what they referred to for me) . ATV did not have much advance notice of the changes and once they did there was very little they could do to change anything. Besides that, NQ does not really change their mind based on what ATV says or does, they are pretty much convinced they know better anyway.

The only thing that I know was in the 0.23 build ATV saw and taken out for the 0.23 release was the nerf on linked containers because that would (and IMO will) pretty much kill the game dead if NQ brings it in without a mechanic to replace the range with regards to mining. When linked containers get nerfed to a 300M range at max skill, players will need to start coming back up to drop off inventory when mining and that will have drastic consequences.

Even for building a 300M range is way to short with players using bases built on several L cores and they can easily be out of that range of their stock containers when working on designs.

On 2/6/2021 at 9:12 AM, blazemonger said:

If NQ actually delivers on the testserver I'd be surprised to see it until maybe a week before patch day.

Having a single dev blog on the mission system does not set any reasonable timeframe or expectations for the arrival of 0.24 which I'd reckon is still 7 weeks away (I'd shoot for  sometime in the week 22-26 March).

This comment has not aged well

On 2/6/2021 at 3:12 PM, blazemonger said:

You are not having much luck with your speculation this week dood, keep trying though, if you throw enough shit out there, some if it will stick.

You're trying real hard now aren't you.. It's OK.. I guess it's a slow news day for you..

For now PTS was up for a few days to allow for some attempted hype around it's "introduction" and has been down since. We'll see when it will get substantial uptime, but I'm just guessing it will be another week or two (which happens to be .. March) before that happens. In the end this is really not the point now is it.

13 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

You're trying real hard now aren't you.. It's OK.. I guess it's a slow news day for you..

For now PTS was up for a few days to allow for some attempted hype around it's "introduction" and has been down since. We'll see when it will get substantial uptime, but I'm just guessing it will be another week or two (which happens to be .. March) before that happens. In the end this is really not the point now is it.

Not a slow news day at all, just another one of your speculations, which is extremely negative and has been proved to be untrue.  Just holding you to account for your words.  Although I am sure, if the PTS comes out sooner than March, you will be the first to come on here with an apology for being wrong.  

Also slightly ironic you questioning my posting activity, you seem to be pretty obsessed for someone who doesnt play the game lol 

I did not make any statements nor did I speculate in this matter, I shared my opinion on this and never said it would not arrive before March so, while it is still very possible I am not wrong, there really is no words to be accountable for. If NQ manages to get the PTS up and running for real before March then great, if not.. then not..

I like your double standards, Moose, even envy such charming simplicity.

First you theatrically suffering how toxic and cruel this place has become, then shitting on people "wise man" crap from high horse, jackaling on alologies, and now annoyingly and agressivly stalk Blaze for opinion (even if negative one) just for sake of it.

Wow, Moose you seem to be taking the negativity a bit personally. 

there are as many opinions on here as there are ppl  and as such many will disagree with each other. 

I have no issue with ppl speculating -even super negatively. And so long as they make it clear it’s speculation or opinion and not trying to pass it off as fact, I am able to just nod or sigh as appropriate. Getting personal about comments in threads is a bit unnecessary in a forum which you don’t actually have to read.  

1 hour ago, GraXXoR said:

Wow, Moose you seem to be taking the negativity a bit personally. 

there are as many opinions on here as there are ppl  and as such many will disagree with each other. 

I have no issue with ppl speculating -even super negatively. And so long as they make it clear it’s speculation or opinion and not trying to pass it off as fact, I am able to just nod or sigh as appropriate. Getting personal about comments in threads is a bit unnecessary in a forum which you don’t actually have to read.  

I agree with you 100% about opinions, but for me several lines have been crossed in recent days.  Not sure Blaze needs your back up either, he has proved over many years he can look after himself, all I am doing is holding people to account for what they post.  There is massive amount of speculation painted as fact in this forum, that is the ONLY thing i have an issue with.

I do have to read the forum though, I still play the game and come to it to find out information on what is going on and talk to other people on how the game can be improved.  That is virtually impossible now as EVERY thread is hijacked by conspiracy theories and people completely writing off any objective conversation.  I do find it ironic that you think I should stop reading the forum though, when I am still engaged in the game, do you think the forum should solely be for people who dont play the game?

I love how this post shows the subjective and one sided opinion some have.

I can certainly stand up for myself, yes. That some agree with me in some cases and not on others is fine, great even as it feeds discussion. That others simple dismiss or go out of  their way to find something, even if razor thin, to discard my opinion just because it is _my_ opinion and they can then insert their usual "here's blaze again" spiel around it is not.

That every thread is hijacked by conspiracy theories is plain false. In this particular instance this did not happen until _you_ brought it up. Maybe it's because _you_ see such theories in responses by certain people from where you respond in that context, pretty much creating a self full filling prophecy.

If you are looking for someone writing off objective conversation, please check a mirror close to you.

I stopped playing the game, yes. That does not mean I should also exclude myself from the forum or Discord though and suggesting as much (which you have done several times) is nonsense.

And no, you do not _have_ to read the form, nor do you _have_ to read threads which you know may contain arguments or opinions you will not be able to agree with.

I welcome arguments when the participants bring actual _arguments_ .. Just arguing against something, based on who the person that starts or feeds the argument is and without adding anything to it, seems rather empty to me. I have and continue to be perfectly willing to admit I'm wrong if someone brings valid points that change my mind. what I see here mostly is just a blanket response which never really adds anything to a conversation.

Sorry my rude ignorance but what is this ATV  you guys talk about? 

Never mind: Alpha Team Vanguard

"ATV is the Alpha Team Vanguard set of members, chosen because of community involvement, and a few other sets of parameters. 
So naturally, the ATV test was when the ATV members were able to test the game. "